GUILTY UK - William, 85, & Patricia Wycherley, 63, murdered, Mansfield, May 1998

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mr Wilson lived there four years before the couple disappeared, though. Presumably he wouldn't know if there was gardening work done later or whether the tenants of his former bedroom were ever away on a vacation.

I have seen a couple of cases on Forensic Files and Snapped where the victim was murdered, yet the deceased supposedly continued to send/fax letters to their family members. Usually the perp screwed up because the handwriting didn't match, it was typed when they wouldn't have typed it, or they used the wrong wording/terminology "Sis" when the victim never would have called the family member that. It happens more often that people would think. It's to delay suspicion, ease their guilty conscience.

I am particularly intrigued by the tip that the police received, which directed them to check the back garden of this house...

I wonder who made the tip, and what kind of 'incident' they were referring to?!

Nottinghamshire Police confirm Humans Remains are that of the couple and the police need help knowing more on Patricia Wycherley who may have been called Patricia D Moore from the Fulham area of London before she married William as the police know more about him then her.

William Geoff Wycherley Mother's Maiden Name was Brierley and he was born around 1912 in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.

This raises a few questions.

1st How did a landlord purchase this house from the owners who were found under the garden as that don't make sense.
2nd The landlord and the person renting it a Susan L Bramley aged 44 are not been linked to this murder investigation.
3rd A family member in Stone in Staffordshire are making claims that christmas cards were been sent to them from the couple until 2009 period.
4th Did the family member in Stone in Staffordshire return the favour and send any christmas cards back.
5th Under Uk Law any person that as gone missing after 7 years is classed as dead but as these were not even declared missing someone must have obtained there records to sale the house.
6th Did the couple have any home help if so who.
7th Why did Mansfield City Council or social services not aware of this couple missing.
8th Who was the person that tipped off Nottinghamshire Police that something happened at that address in the 90's and what connection is this person to the couple.
9th Was this tip off made by someone inside prison on a unrelated crime but had knowledge of a offence taken place at that address.
10th Did this couple have any children or were they childless ?

Nottinghamshire Police confirm Humans Remains are that of the couple and the police need help knowing more on Patricia Wycherley who may have been called Patricia D Moore from the Fulham area of London before she married William as the police know more about him then her.

William Geoff Wycherley Mother's Maiden Name was Brierley and he was born around 1912 in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire.

This raises a few questions.

1st How did a landlord purchase this house from the owners who were found under the garden as that don't make sense.
2nd The landlord and the person renting it a Susan L Bramley aged 44 are not been linked to this murder investigation.
3rd A family member in Stone in Staffordshire are making claims that christmas cards were been sent to them from the couple until 2009 period.
4th Did the family member in Stone in Staffordshire return the favour and send any christmas cards back.
5th Under Uk Law any person that as gone missing after 7 years is classed as dead but as these were not even declared missing someone must have obtained there records to sale the house.
6th Did the couple have any home help if so who.
7th Why did Mansfield City Council or social services not aware of this couple missing.
8th Who was the person that tipped off Nottinghamshire Police that something happened at that address in the 90's and what connection is this person to the couple.
9th Was this tip off made by someone inside prison on a unrelated crime but had knowledge of a offence taken place at that address.
10th Did this couple have any children or were they childless ?

1. I don't believe the article said the buried couple ever owned the house.

2. How long did the said landlord own the house?

From ancestral records:

WILLIAM GEOFF WYCHERLEY married PATRICIA D MOORE in Jan/Feb/Mar of 1958, this marriage was registered in Fulham.

If Patricia D Moore would have been 79 today, then we assume she was either born in 1933 or 1934.

The records that would match this are:

Patricia D Moore born Battersea, London in June 1933 (mother's maiden name Springate). This would make her 80, but Battersea fits better to me than the next match...

Patricia D Moore born Newton Abbot, Devonshire in June 1934 (mother's maiden name Stent)

And that's it for the Patricia D Moore records.

William Wycherley's records are there too. Obviously the further you look through records, the more there is to unearth. I don't know how much it's worth doing with this case as it seems the police are working from this information too and they should really be able to locate their living relatives from this.

A very strange case!

WILLIAM G WYCHERLEY moved into house in 1987 would be aged 100 if alive today.

PATRICIA D WYCHERLEY moved into house in 1987 as well her age maybe 84 years old if she was still alive

The house was bought by landlord on 10/08/2005 for £69.000 and in 2006 Susan Bramley moved in and within that last few days she turned 45 years old and not 44 as my previous post suggests.

Still trying to workout the name of the Landlord who purchased the house in 2005 as it could be a business person with a company website

Those Christmas cards were not the only incriminating evidence that someone had tried to conceal Bill and Pat’s deaths. The couple’s signatures, the Mail has discovered, are also on a legal document which allowed their home to be sold for more than £60,000 in 2005.
‘Bill and Pat’ couldn’t have signed the papers. They were almost certainly long dead by then.

The ‘signatures’ of the vendors, William Geoffrey Wycherley and Patricia Dorothy Wycherley, are scrawled under their names. They are supposed to have ‘signed’ this document on August 10, 2005, ‘in the presence’ of a witness. How could this be when the signatories were dead?
The identity of the witness, whose name and address is printed on the deed, cannot be revealed for legal reasons.
All we can tell you is that the person is male, and that around the time the house was sold he had debts and was being pursued by creditors. Our attempts to contact him proved unsuccessful.

We will leave you to draw your own conclusions about the significance of this information and the importance it might yet play in the criminal inquiry into the deaths of Mrs and Mrs Wycherley. But what of their daughter?
Susan Edwards, as she is known today, is now 55. Until recently, she was living with her husband in a council flat in Dagenham, Essex. Like her parents, it seems, she was very private.
‘She would never speak to anybody,’ said a neighbour.
‘Even when the postman knocked on the door with a parcel, she wouldn’t answer the door.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...dunnit-No-2-Blenheim-Close.html#ixzz2i9ng5Fuk
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I'm sure it'd be easy to find who 'sold' this property in the name of Bill and Pat. Land Registry records are available for £3. Whoever this is is likely involved - who carried out the murders though could be a very different individual!

Well someone had to know them intimately to know the right people and addresses to send christmas cards. That person would have to assume their identity to transfer the deed to the house. I suspect someone very close and with knowledge this couples life style.

I'm interested to know more about their daughter.

Lived in a council house with her husband so presumably not a great deal of money.

Male who was the witness was in debt...

If I think about someone sending Christmas cards to MY family (and the kind of distant relatives talked about within the article, ONLY my close family would know those more distant relatives (aunts, cousins etc). I don't want to point fingers yet, but that's where my mind is taking me re: this case.

To play devil's advocate for a moment, you might be able to do the Christmas cards from an address book. (Although I suspect my mind is in the same place as you.)

To play devil's advocate for a moment, you might be able to do the Christmas cards from an address book. (Although I suspect my mind is in the same place as you.)

Very true, and I think that generation are and were far better than us today at keeping their affairs in check even down to the miniscule detail in address books (I know my more elderly relatives would certainly have perfectly written address books).

With them having just the one child, though, it narrows down quite significantly the 'instant' suspects, if that makes sense.

Who would know this couple well enough to know that murdering and burying them in their own garden wouldn't cause suspicion? Who would know them and their property well enough to get away with the actual burial? Who would, basically, be able to have kept this up - and without suspicion - for such a long time? *thinking out loud*

I would really love to know who the tip came from and what they said. I think we're unlikely to find that out, though.

Poor souls :(

Sorry LambChop!

Moving away from the family, then, I wonder why the police are so keen to speak to anyone who knew Patricia (and why the emphasis is on those who knew her whilst using her maiden name 'Moore'). The obvious answer is that William would be 100 today, so many who knew him, are likely to have passed on. Pat would be 79 so much more likely to have living acquaintances. Why the emphasis on the maiden name and place of birth, though?

So many mysteries within this mystery!

In this case it almost has to be a family member or caretaker who did this in my opinion. I'm not sleuthing them but who else would be able send those birthday cards, bury the couple in the back yard and fake those signatures except someone close?

To play devil's advocate for a moment, you might be able to do the Christmas cards from an address book.

Very true, and I think that generation are and were far better than us today at keeping their affairs in check even down to the miniscule detail in address books (I know my more elderly relatives would certainly have perfectly written address books).

I do have a small notebook especially for Christmas card addresses. I've long since put the addresses in the computer so that they can be printed straight on to labels, but I still keep the little notebook! (It contains associated info such as the names of people's children, which I can't always remember.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back