Undercover/Underage

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Hope32

Mainly Lurker Sometimes Sleuther
Reaction score
Mods move if this isn't in the right spot.

Investigation Discovery has a new series out called Underage/Undercover that follows the SOSA ( Safe from Online Sex Abuse) that is based out of CT. It documents Roo Powell and her group and their efforts to report offenders to police for convictions.

It is actually pretty interesting and their set up is elaborate to say the least. Basically, her team set up a whole history and backstory for 15 year old girls, whom are then portrayed by Roo in calls, texts, pictures, etc. to collect information.

I have watched the entire series on Discovery+ and found it to be very well done. It's shocking what pedophiles will say and do to children to get their hands on them.
IMO every parent should watch this show and then please pay attention to your children and what they're doing on and off line.

I have watched the entire series on Discovery+ and found it to be very well done. It's shocking what pedophiles will say and do to children to get their hands on them.
IMO every parent should watch this show and then please pay attention to your children and what they're doing on and off line.
Have you seen season 2 yet? I just fully caught up and Wow. With the new season, they have a girl that is undercover as 12 and it is just shocking what some of these men are ok with.

Have you seen season 2 yet? I just fully caught up and Wow. With the new season, they have a girl that is undercover as 12 and it is just shocking what some of these men are ok with.
Yes! I can't believe these men and the things they say and do to young girls. There aren't words to describe what I think of them and I'll get banned if I said what should be done to them for their actions.

Yup. I have been keeping up with season 2. From what I have gathered this is not a year round thing they do with the police per say, but rather a couple months at a time or so with meet ups.

Yup. I have been keeping up with season 2. From what I have gathered this is not a year round thing they do with the police per say, but rather a couple months at a time or so with meet ups.
What really caught my ear was the PD being honest and saying they had spoken to some of these guys pre SOSA for 1 or 2 years but just did not have the time and manpower to keep up with it to make arrests. SOSA comes in and gets it done for them in probably a few months if not less which is awesome. But I feel like this is one of those things nowadays that needs to be on someones pay roll somewhere constantly. Obviously, the FBI probably has something similar but more LE needs a fully funded program or we need way more SOSA's being hired by different LE's. When I looked up some of the cases it looked like they had helped catch other people too but they didn't put them on the show, so if this program is only being ran for a few months and they have caught 8+ pedophiles imagine what could be changed with a full program that runs for a year?

Also, the number of these men out on parole is gross, and our judicial system needs to learn from the Henryetta Oklahoma case that just happened. It just puts more kids at risk.

What really caught my ear was the PD being honest and saying they had spoken to some of these guys pre SOSA for 1 or 2 years but just did not have the time and manpower to keep up with it to make arrests. SOSA comes in and gets it done for them in probably a few months if not less which is awesome. But I feel like this is one of those things nowadays that needs to be on someones pay roll somewhere constantly. Obviously, the FBI probably has something similar but more LE needs a fully funded program or we need way more SOSA's being hired by different LE's. When I looked up some of the cases it looked like they had helped catch other people too but they didn't put them on the show, so if this program is only being ran for a few months and they have caught 8+ pedophiles imagine what could be changed with a full program that runs for a year?

Also, the number of these men out on parole is gross, and our judicial system needs to learn from the Henryetta Oklahoma case that just happened. It just puts more kids at risk.

I mean being out on bail is not the ideal at all, but at the same time most jails/prisons are overrun with inmates to hold them. I am guessing they may do recon on a lot of people, but they only film a few months out of the year. That and they probably put the ones that are most interesting/hard/distubing on TV. But overall I really like the show and it seems they have added more people now to help.

SPOILER--

Tonight's episode featured an ACM who had been awaiting trial for nearly 2 years (at the time of filming) because he was facing two charges after this sting operation. He was wearing an ankle monitor issued in AZ, but planned to travel to OK to make contact with who he thought was a 12 year-old girl. His court-appointed officer literally showed up at his house WHILE HE WAS ON THE PHONE WITH HER.
If they're gonna let these guys bail out, they need to be monitoring their communications, but seriously, how was this guy allowed to have internet access?!

SPOILER--

Tonight's episode featured an ACM who had been awaiting trial for nearly 2 years (at the time of filming) because he was facing two charges after this sting operation. He was wearing an ankle monitor issued in AZ, but planned to travel to OK to make contact with who he thought was a 12 year-old girl. His court-appointed officer literally showed up at his house WHILE HE WAS ON THE PHONE WITH HER.
If they're gonna let these guys bail out, they need to be monitoring their communications, but seriously, how was this guy allowed to have internet access?!
I will have to watch it tonight. But seriously? Caught in one undercover sting operation, only to get caught AGAIN in another one? Just shows how much he does not fear what the outcome will be.

I will have to watch it tonight. But seriously? Caught in one undercover sting operation, only to get caught AGAIN in another one? Just shows how much he does not fear what the outcome will be.
I've done a deep dive on this guy tonight, and WOW...found him in a THIRD sting from this past January. 17 arrested in Chandler sex crimes operation, police say

Based on searchable public records in AZ, what I have been able to glean is that he is set for trial on the first and third cases on 9/18/2023:
Original sting in 2000: Criminal Court Case Information - Case History
January 2023 Sting: Criminal Court Case Information - Case History

He was charged in Oklahoma in 10/2022. This is the (second) case we saw tonight. OSCN Case Details

However, based on searchable--but not linkable--documents on Public Access to Criminal Court Case Information (search under the "Minute Entries" tab), Arizona refused to extradite him to Oklahoma within 90 days to face charges. I'm posting the original "fugitive from justice" filing here, but the rest is available above. OK has NOT closed the court case, but may make another request after he has stood trial in Arizona. Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 10.58.12 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-06-19 at 10.58.26 PM.png

Last edited:
Also, this is his vinelink, I wish I could find his prisoner ID but the Maricopa County Sheriff’s website is hinky.

Attachments

• IMG_0657.jpeg
    IMG_0657.jpeg
    62.1 KB · Views: 2
caught up last night. I wish they could just get this guy back in prison. In the episode he mentions leaving the country and taking her with him. Does this not show that he is a flight risk?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back