Unexpected Birth Surprises "infertile" Mother

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I kept waiting for the punch line when I read this:

"the baby was sitting in the toilet she was sitting straight up looking at me"

I am very happy for them, but it is a strange one!

This is a great story, I am happy for her.

I had miserable pregnancies. I was sick from almost day one until they were born, I lost 15 lbs the first trimester with both. I had a terrible time keeping a healthy weight for the baby.

I can't imagine not knowing.

My babies were also active, I felt them punching me day & night.

After my first I thought I was done, but then I decided to try it again thinking the second time couldn't be as bad.

It was!

I got 2 loves of my life though (boy & girl), so it was all worth it. However, as I tell anybody who asks, I am not interested in a tie breaker (not to mention, I'm 41, I can't handle two AND the sickness. Oh, and I would have to give up wine for another year. ;^)).

I would absolutely welcome the sickness, backaches, etc with open arms!

What a Great Story!

cheko1 said:
Mine was years ago but still remember the morning (all day) sickness.....the tums, rolaids, acid indegestion......false labor. Then the long miserable labor........the worst was I asked my Dr if I was going to have a big baby & he said nope but this baby is going to have one big momma.......!!!!!BAWWWWW
lets even say- she had no sickness, was heavy to begin with, so noticed no "obvious" weightgain....I want to know how on earth someone could go thru all the kicking and flip-flopping them little boogers do inside that tummy-- and someone would not notice that?????????????????? :waitasec: :doh: :confused:

How do you not feel the baby moving? I've had 3 children and there's no way that I would have never known I was pregnant. There was a lot of activity that goes on in there for 9 months. I've never understood how anyone could not know but bless her. Babies are awesome and such a joy....

lymom3 said:
How do you not feel the baby moving? I've had 3 children and there's no way that I would have never known I was pregnant. There was a lot of activity that goes on in there for 9 months. I've never understood how anyone could not know but bless her. Babies are awesome and such a joy....

My mom got pregnant when she was 42. She did notice her cycles stopped, and she saw a doctor. He told her she was just going thru menopause a little early and not to worry about it. She did feel a lot of movement, but assumed it was just terrible gas! She had a regular checkup when she was about 6 1/2 months pregnant, and the doctor asked her if she knew she was pregnant. My momma 'bout passed out!! She had five living children at that time, from ages 10 thru 20, and had experienced the loss of two other full-term pregnancies and had had a miscarriage or two. So she was well familiar with pregnancy and all the sensations, etc.

To this day she cannot believe she did not figure it out. But she said it NEVER crossed her mind!

kgeaux said:
My mom got pregnant when she was 42. She did notice her cycles stopped, and she saw a doctor. He told her she was just going thru menopause a little early and not to worry about it. She did feel a lot of movement, but assumed it was just terrible gas! She had a regular checkup when she was about 6 1/2 months pregnant, and the doctor asked her if she knew she was pregnant. My momma 'bout passed out!! She had five living children at that time, from ages 10 thru 20, and had experienced the loss of two other full-term pregnancies and had had a miscarriage or two. So she was well familiar with pregnancy and all the sensations, etc.

To this day she cannot believe she did not figure it out. But she said it NEVER crossed her mind!
Oh my gosh! Was the baby born healthy? Was it you or a younger sibling?

I had a friend in H.S., an only child, whose mother got pregnant when my friend and I were 17. My friend Joanne was mortified! She had a baby brother, and I lost track of her after we graduated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1
Back