Mexico Unidentified US-Mexico Border Project

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That sounds like a pretty likely match. If you're hesitant to email the NamUs contact, there's a Facebook page called "Desaparecidos y sin reclamar en la frontera" that posts about missing and unidentified people found near the border - maybe you could email them and see if they can verify whether Dario is a missing person?

Haven't heard nothing back from the fb site so I just send the Namus contact the information. Just to be sure.

"El Mechanico" was identified as Juan Alvarado Rincon a month after his discovery. Not sure why his case is still in NamUs after all this time, his family hasn't been located but usually he'd be moved to ClaimUs if that was the case.
https:///wiki/Juan_Alvarado

Hi @ghostINshell. I'm still so amazed about the list you made. Are you still updating it now and then? Is there an easy way for Spanish speaking people to translate the texts in Spanish. You are an angel too.

I will consult a mod and ask if this list can be pinned on page #1 one and maybe another suitable place.
RBBM
Great idea, @Bit of hope! :) Thanks for the suggestion. The link to the map created by @ghostINshell has been added to Post#1 of this thread. Awesome work, ghost! ;)

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Individual was discovered in a remote desert area west of Ajo AZ by USBP. A prayer card was found nearby with 'Dario Diaz Smith' written on it.

Far fetched maybe. I found an FB page for a Dario Diaz Smith (there is only one) from San Salvador, El Salvador. Last post was in June 2018. Some of his contacts live in Mexico, Jalisco. He also likes some sites in Texas, USA (McAllen) Couldn't find a Diaz Smith family trace from there. No missing persons file either or any other sign of life on social media after that. Someone else more sassy?

Haven't heard nothing back from the fb site so I just send the Namus contact the information. Just to be sure.

I'm happy the Namus contact replied to my Email. In essence it says this:

NamUs staff will review the submitted information. Additionally, we will notify the investigating agencies for their consideration if the agencies have not been previously notified.

Please note, identification and exclusions are only made and/or confirmed by investigating agencies. The results of comparisons may or may not be made available to the public for investigatory reasons.

Who knows....maybe, baby.

We have a missing person from Mexico. He does not have his own thread. (Figured I should just put it here because this is a project and I don't think his own thread would gather any leads anyway)

He is on Facebook under the name Nestor Manuel Cabrales. His last post was July 7th 2012. Reported last seen July 1st, 2012. Disappeared while coming to the US with a group.

In 2013, his sister posted on FB that she misses him.
He seems to be from a middle class family in Altar, Sonora. Seems to have FB friends on both sides of the border. His brother seems to have resided in AZ in 2014.
His former SO resides in the US. (Referenced in sonogram)

Missing Person / NamUs #MP53111Nestor Manuel Cabrales Valenzuela, Male, Hispanic / Latino

Original

=
Original

Nestor was last known to be in Altar, Sonora, Mexico on July 2, 2012 with a small group of people who planned to cross the border into the U.S.

There is possible speculation that he could be this UID:
AZ - AZ - Near Gila Bend, Wht/HispMale 14-19, UP12583, Skeletal, In desert, Healed nasal fracture, Apr'14

Last edited:
We have a missing person from Mexico. He does not have his own thread. (Figured I should just put it here because this is a project and I don't think his own thread would gather any leads anyway)

He is on Facebook under the name Nestor Manuel Cabrales. His last post was July 7th 2012. Reported last seen July 1st, 2012. Disappeared while coming to the US with a group.

He seems to be from a middle class family in Altar, Sonora. Seems to have FB friends on both sides of the border. His brother seems to have resided in AZ in 2014.

Missing Person / NamUs #MP53111Nestor Manuel Cabrales Valenzuela, Male, Hispanic / Latino

Original

=
Original

Nestor was last known to be in Altar, Sonora, Mexico on July 2, 2012 with a small group of people who planned to cross the border into the U.S.

AZ - AZ - Near Gila Bend, Wht/HispMale 14-19, UP12583, Skeletal, In desert, Healed nasal fracture, Apr'14
Did you send this? I think it could be a very good match.

This is another odd one I wonder what makes them list Caucasian as a first race and then possibly Hispanic? Also the specific about mtDNA versus just DNA could that be because of the length of time before the body was found maybe the DNA sample was degraded too much for a full DNA to be extracted?

This occurred as part of the Hidalgo Treaty at the end of the Mexican-American War. The peace treaty required that all Mexicans residing in Texas be granted full US citizenship. Since Texas was slave state, the only way to assure that Mexicans living in Texas could become citizens was if they were "white".

It persisted after the Mexican Revolution as a deterrent to deportation. Mexican-Americans identified themselves as white.

White-Hispanic = Likely Hispanic.

If this is a real birth certificate his parents's names and grandparents from mother's and father's side are named. So there must be something wrong. You presume they have been able to find family with all this information. Or the body found doesn't belong to the person on the certificate. Address Dvorak 14 is in Mexico City.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

This is a picture of the address in 2008 (no earlier pictures) Take a walk on Google street-view. Nr. 14 is the green door. In later years it seems to be some kind of shop and they built a window in the salmon colored wall.
cbk

On Calle Gabriel Mancera 222 is a hospital in Mexico City, what seems the place of birth.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏
Hope I'm not duplicating efforts. Responding as I scroll through the thread:
Family Search is probably not best source. I can't find records for hardly anyone born after 1930 in Mexico. I think they have stricter privacy laws. Mexico has still not released their 1930 census yet.

BTW: The birth certificate is 1968, not 1986. I'm looking at the building and I wonder if there was previous earthquake damage? 1985 Mexico City earthquake - Wikipedia I noticed it looks like an upper story may have been demolished.

My father-in law's home here in Texas was demolished. It was pretty much a shack. The home was still standing in the early 80s, but it's gone now. A friend of mine had her home and many homes demolished by the city because they were unsafe. (She was born in 1970)

Hope I'm not duplicating efforts. Responding as I scroll through the thread:
Family Search is probably not best source. I can't find records for hardly anyone born after 1930 in Mexico. I think they have stricter privacy laws. Mexico has still not released their 1930 census yet.

Thanks, good to know.

Individual was discovered in a remote desert area west of Ajo AZ by USBP. A prayer card was found nearby with 'Dario Diaz Smith' written on it.

I'm happy the Namus contact replied to my Email. In essence it says this:

NamUs staff will review the submitted information. Additionally, we will notify the investigating agencies for their consideration if the agencies have not been previously notified.

Please note, identification and exclusions are only made and/or confirmed by investigating agencies. The results of comparisons may or may not be made available to the public for investigatory reasons.

Who knows....maybe, baby.

I noticed that the the description in the Namus file is altered.
It was: Individual was discovered in a remote desert area west of Ajo AZ by USBP. A prayer card was found nearby with 'Dario Diaz Smith' written on it.
It is now: Individual was discovered in a remote desert area west of Ajo AZ by USBP.

I wonder why they deleted the prayer card info? The Namus file is still up....

Just some tidbits....

May 15, 2000 - (He is believed to have drowned after crossing the U.S.-Mexico Border illegally. What appear to be a Graduation ring CLASS of 80-83 "ESC.TEC.COM.PROF.ABELINO BOLLANOS" was found w/ the decedent)

I think it's a ring from;
Escuela Secundaria Técnica y Bach. "Prof. Avelino Bolaños Palacios"

Address:
Av. José María Iglesias, Centro, 95462 Tlacotalpan, Vera Cruz, Mexico

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

The decedent is believed to be Elmer Urias MORALES ARMIRA, age 29, from Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico.
I've found someone (initials OM) on Facebook looking for their missing brother with that name, no idea how to submit that information to law enforcement though.

I have noticed the large number of unidentified people found by USBP that have Mexico IDs with their name and picture yet they are still unidentified. I have been working on making posters for them to share on Mexico missing persons sites on FB and other places to help get their faces out there and maybe we can get some of them back to their families. If anyone would like to help I am starting with the ones that have pictures I will post the ones that I am working on right now if anyone wants to add to the list please feel free to jump in and help. Thanks

Edit:

Migrants & Suspected Migrants UIDs - Google My Maps - Created by @ghostINshell
Here is the link for the google maps I have created for the migrants and suspected to be migrants.
I divided the UIDs up via state. Unfortunately, I was not able to add a layer for each and every state so, I put the states that have very few in the "Other States" section. Also sadly, I wasn't able to post each and every migrant on the map.
Its kind of sad that the mexican govt dont really care enough. It wasn't until Deobhani Escobars death that they located soo many missing mexican girls at the bottom of cisterns. Pretty sure the smell of decomposition would've alerted someone before hand. Smh, its a corrupt place

The decedent is believed to be Elmer Urias MORALES ARMIRA, age 29, from Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico.
I've found someone (initials OM) on Facebook looking for their missing brother with that name, no idea how to submit that information to law enforcement though.
Contact the person through fb?

Original

=
Original

That UID cant be him, just looking at the image, the composite has a long philtrum, long face and long nose and this guy is the complete opposite. Its not a match

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179
Back