Mexico Unidentified US-Mexico Border Project

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Óscar Andrade leads a group of volunteers who search the Arizona desert looking for the remains of missing migrants.

TUCSON, Ariz. — After strapping on knee-high snake guards and bowing his head to invoke God’s protection, Óscar Andrade marched off into a remote desert at dawn on a recent Sunday to look for a Honduran migrant missing since late July.

The Tucson-based Pentecostal pastor bushwhacked for three hours in heat that rose above 100 degrees (38 Celsius), detouring around a mountain lion, two rattlesnakes and at least one scorpion, before taking a break to call the aunt of another missing man. Andrade believed he found the young man’s skull the previous day.

Since March, Andrade has received more than 400 calls from families in Mexico and Central America whose relatives – sick, injured or exhausted – were left behind by smugglers in the borderlands.

Oh my - that's tragic @TootsieFootsie but I'm so glad someone is taking up this task.

Not Mexico, but this [presumed] Guatemalan UID dating back to 1986 has a name but not confirm ID. Namus description says they have a number of identifiers on file. Any of you Spanish-speaking folk have connections into any online groups for Guat families looking for their missing?

The Families United for Truth and Justice, the Paso del Norte Human Rights Centre, and mothers of disappeared women held a mass in the chapel of the mission of Guadalupe, where they brought tarps and photographs of their relatives.

“Every day we see that they continue to publish (the names of) mothers who do not find their daughters. Girls aged 10 years and older are not found. The authorities have no strategy to prevent this from happening,” Norma Laguna, mother of the disappeared young woman, Idaly Juache, said.

Another of the participants was Sandra Iveth Robles Martinez, sister of the disappeared young man, Juan de Dios Robles.

The woman carried a cross with photos of disappeared persons, which symbolizes carrying the pain of struggle and hope that they will return, as they have not given up.

“We continue to fight, looking for our family members, we need the government to help us so that this does not happen,” she told EFE.

The march also occurred in the midst of policies to militarize public security, promoted by Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.

Zeferino Villegas Medina
Missing from Yakima, WA
DLC: 1985
Age at time of disappearance: 35
Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 4.24.47 PM.png

More info

Full name: ZEFERINO VILLEGAS MEDINA

Age (Date of birth) : now 72 years old (26 Aug 1950)

Disappeared: 1985 Yakima, Washington
Information: They ask us for help to locate ZEFERINO VILLEGAS MEDINA who disappeared since 1985 when he traveled to the United States and his family has not heard from him. He is originally from Poza Rica Veracruz and is currently about 72 years old, tall, dark, it is known that he was in the state of Yakima, Washington and that he worked in the apple harvest. His family wants to tell him how much they missed him, that they love him very much, that he return with them so that he can meet his grandchildren and that they have never stopped thinking about him.

I couldn't find an unclaimed person with this name in Namus or under parts of the name. Nor could I find him in fastpeoplesearch.com. Nor in this list https://www.yakimacounty.us/DocumentCenter/View/6534/Unclaimed-Remains?bidId=

Maybe he lives under another name (fake ID). He also could be deceased and unidentified.

The Families United for Truth and Justice, the Paso del Norte Human Rights Centre, and mothers of disappeared women held a mass in the chapel of the mission of Guadalupe, where they brought tarps and photographs of their relatives.

“Every day we see that they continue to publish (the names of) mothers who do not find their daughters. Girls aged 10 years and older are not found. The authorities have no strategy to prevent this from happening,” Norma Laguna, mother of the disappeared young woman, Idaly Juache, said.

Another of the participants was Sandra Iveth Robles Martinez, sister of the disappeared young man, Juan de Dios Robles.

The woman carried a cross with photos of disappeared persons, which symbolizes carrying the pain of struggle and hope that they will return, as they have not given up.

“We continue to fight, looking for our family members, we need the government to help us so that this does not happen,” she told EFE.

The march also occurred in the midst of policies to militarize public security, promoted by Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador.
Confused now...

Mexico has almost 110,000 people listed as missing, but many of the most effective searches are carried out by relatives or activists. Mexico’s antiquated, underfunded police system has been overwhelmed by gang-fueled abductions and killings.

Meanwhile, the legal system is arcane in terminology and procedures and makes little allowance for people unfamiliar with legal terms.

Because families have to confront a steep learning curve when someone goes missing, the online guide tells people what the legal steps are for filing anything from a crime report to a constitutional injunction.

The Miguel Agustín Pro Juárez human rights center hopes the guide will help people find and preserve evidence and testimonies, and eventually find their loved ones.

It is an uphill battle. Mexican authorities have about 52,000 unclaimed bodies on their hands that they have been unable to identify. With morgues overflowing, they have been forced to bury them in paupers’ graves. This means the cases of many missing people may never be solved.

I want to share some positive feedback I received recently. I hope it encourages you all to continue your efforts! :)

I was searching NamUs and came across an unidentified young lady who had been found in Texas. There was an El Salvadoran ID found close by that had a clear photo, name and birth year on it. I searched for the name on Facebook and immediately saw a missing person flyer of someone with the same information and the photos were very similar to the one on the ID.

Anywho, I submitted to the NamUs case rep and shortly thereafter received an email from a search and recovery Deputy in Texas. It’s not very often that I receive a response at all, much less from the investigating agency. They are awaiting DNA results but the young lady’s family has been notified.

Here’s a snippet of the email they sent. “I wanted to write to thank you for checking social media for the young lady and sending the info. Please continue to check social media outlets for information like. It can be very helpful.”

Last edited:
I want to share some positive feedback I received recently. I hope it encourages you all to continue your efforts! :)

I was searching NamUs and came across an unidentified young lady who had been found in Texas. There was an El Salvadoran ID found close by that had a clear photo, name and birth year on it. I searched for the name on Facebook and immediately saw a missing person flyer of someone with the same information and the photos were very similar to the one on the ID.

Anywho, I submitted to the NamUs case rep and shortly thereafter received an email from a search and recovery Deputy in Texas. It’s not very often that I receive a response at all, much less from the investigating agency. They are awaiting DNA results but the young lady’s family has been notified.

Here’s a snippet of the email they sent. “I wanted to write to thank you for checking social media for the young lady and sending the info. Please continue to check social media outlets for information like. It can be very helpful.”
More and more are on SM too. I think they are making themselves visible before they leave.

This is very uplifting, thank you. Sometimes I'm having a hard time to go down the rabbit hole again and search between all the missing border crossers from Mexico and other countries.

This Namus file is down. I hope he can go home. @ghostINshell He is (still?) on your list, posted in #1

''Juan Geovani Gregorio Hernandez', Sep. 2, 2017, 16-20. Found w/Guatemalan birth certificate. Size 9.5 Booster Classic's brand high top shoes, tan-brown belt w/ metal eagle design on end & metal arrows on belt loop, Samsung Verizon flipphone.
description
Found by Border Patrol. Pima County, Arizona. Partial skeletal remains. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I found this and I think this is him. So young. I'm so sorry.

1676820107852.png

Last edited:
In an interview and in his message at the Third Meeting of the National Technical Coordination for the Harmonization and Application of the Alba Protocol, which takes place this Tuesday at the Mazatlán Convention Center, he reported that for many years the existence of this crisis was denied and that led to abandoning the establishment of policies, infrastructure, and development of human resources to identify the dead, and not only is a local and regional effort being made to reverse this situation.

“And this confronts us with a second challenge that will have to derive from the (positions) established in this Alba Protocol of a national nature, which are the identification tasks, as you know we also have a deep-rooted forensic crisis, more than 50,000 bodies unidentified in the mass graves and the Forensic Services in the entities of the Republic and the institutional capacities to face it have not been built.

The federal official stated that for many years the existence of this crisis was denied and that led to the abandonment of the establishment of policies, infrastructure, development of human resources to identify the dead and not only an effort is being made of a local and regional nature to reverse this situation.

“We want to call on them to help us reverse this situation because on many occasions we find bodies and we cannot give them an identity and by not being able to give them an identity we deprive them of the right to return in decent conditions with their loved ones and for this we are taking another type of actions, the construction of Centers for the Safeguarding and Preparation of the Bodies, the development of infrastructure for human identification with Local and Regional Identification Centers”, reported the former Attorney General of México City.

”With a National Center, with highly specialized laboratories such as the one that recently inaugurated the National Genomic Medicine Team a month ago with state-of-the-art technology and qualified personnel to carry out the series of analyzes of complex samples, but we need a generic database that allow us to identify the bodies that we have recovered.”

New DDP border case - 'Donald Hadland'

Hopefully this is the correct thread for this link..
April 11 2023 lengthy article, rbbm.
''There is an international plea for help in solving a nearly 30-year-old murder case out of Plano.

The cold case is especially unusual because police have yet to positively identify the victim whose body was found in a field several months after being shot and killed inside a house under construction.

Plano police are sharing a composite sketch of the murder victim created in 1996 and a photograph of a Fort Worth painter who worked in Plano and vanished around the same time.

Martin Trevino bears a striking resemblance to the man in the sketch, but a lack of information about the Mexican immigrant’s life has made positively identifying him impossible.

Detectives are trying to reach any potential family members in Mexico while looking to the latest in DNA technology hoping to find the victim’s killer and solve the case.''

1681311692861.png
Composite sketch of a victim found in a field found at the Southwest corner of 121 in Plano, 1997.

“Based on their investigation, they were able to identify a new home under construction in the Ridgeview Ranch neighborhood and evidence found inside that location was consistent with the victim and they were able to confirm the murder did happen in that house,” said Benzick.

''The murder, police believe, happened in the Plano home under construction in October 1996.''

When it comes to whether the victim is Martin Trevino, Benzick says they have little to no information about him including his date of birth, place of birth and if he has family in Mexico.

There is a possibility Trevino is from Reynosa, Tamaulipas, a Mexican city across the border from McAllen, Texas, according to Benzick.

“Is Martin our murdered victim or is Martin just a separate case who’s a missing person that is also important,” said Benzick. “We have two cases that may be the same, maybe separate and we’re hoping that some advances in technology and reaching out to the community may help us.”

1681311923145.png
''Detectives have identified Martin Trevino, who has been missing since 1996 in a case that may be related.''
1681312013000.png

UP15249 is a hispanic teen/young adult found in 1998 in a canal in Winterhaven CA, approx 10 mi from the US/Mexico border - tattoos include

Left wrist: "CH"
Right forearm: "C. Orosco"
Right upper arm: "Teneha y Chano"
Back: "Carra" in heart

UP60744 found 1 October 2019 with a Mexican ID in the name "Alberto Kevin Martinez Vela" (he had previously been apprehended by USBP and used this name). Also listed in Namus is an alias "Ruperto Payue-Martinez" but no explanation how authorities came to have this name.
USBP photo in the red sweater. The other photo is from the Mexican ID found on the remains. Namus doesn't list the DOB or any other data held by USBP.

1681547596480.png1681547643009.png

Case Information​

Case Numbers​

ME/C Case Number19-2672

Demographics​

Sex Male
Race / Ethnicity Hispanic / Latino
Possible First Name Alberto
Possible Middle Name Kevin
Possible Last Name Martinez Vela
Nickname/Alias Ruperto Payue-Martinez
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)23-40
Estimated Year of Death 2019
Height 5' 2"-5' 6"(62-66 inches) , Estimated
Weight Cannot Estimate

Circumstances​

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found October 1, 2019
NamUs Case Created October 9, 2019
Location Arizona
CountyPima County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)32.14744, -113.16973
Found On Tribal Land No
Circumstances of Recovery Skeletonized and mummified remains recovered from a remote desert area near Organ Pipe National Monument (USBP).

Details of Recovery​

Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description​

Hair Color Black
Head Hair Description Medium length
Facial Hair Description Black goatee possibly

Hopefully this is the correct thread for this link..
April 11 2023 lengthy article, rbbm.
''There is an international plea for help in solving a nearly 30-year-old murder case out of Plano.

The cold case is especially unusual because police have yet to positively identify the victim whose body was found in a field several months after being shot and killed inside a house under construction.

Plano police are sharing a composite sketch of the murder victim created in 1996 and a photograph of a Fort Worth painter who worked in Plano and vanished around the same time.

Martin Trevino bears a striking resemblance to the man in the sketch, but a lack of information about the Mexican immigrant’s life has made positively identifying him impossible.

Detectives are trying to reach any potential family members in Mexico while looking to the latest in DNA technology hoping to find the victim’s killer and solve the case.''

View attachment 414261
Composite sketch of a victim found in a field found at the Southwest corner of 121 in Plano, 1997.

“Based on their investigation, they were able to identify a new home under construction in the Ridgeview Ranch neighborhood and evidence found inside that location was consistent with the victim and they were able to confirm the murder did happen in that house,” said Benzick.

''The murder, police believe, happened in the Plano home under construction in October 1996.''

When it comes to whether the victim is Martin Trevino, Benzick says they have little to no information about him including his date of birth, place of birth and if he has family in Mexico.

There is a possibility Trevino is from Reynosa, Tamaulipas, a Mexican city across the border from McAllen, Texas, according to Benzick.

“Is Martin our murdered victim or is Martin just a separate case who’s a missing person that is also important,” said Benzick. “We have two cases that may be the same, maybe separate and we’re hoping that some advances in technology and reaching out to the community may help us.”

View attachment 414262
''Detectives have identified Martin Trevino, who has been missing since 1996 in a case that may be related.''
View attachment 414264
???
Bad wording I guess?

UP15249 is a hispanic teen/young adult found in 1998 in a canal in Winterhaven CA, approx 10 mi from the US/Mexico border - tattoos include

Left wrist: "CH"
Right forearm: "C. Orosco"
Right upper arm: "Teneha y Chano"
Back: "Carra" in heart
Thank you. According to the PM pictures in Namus he also had a tattoo of "El Chango" on (what I think is his leg) and there is a rose above the writing 'Teneha y Chano'. Chano might be short/a nickname for somebody with a name ending on 'no' but could also be a name of it's own. If its a full name it could be a lot. F.i. I came across somebody's obituary with the name Presiliano with the nickname Chano.

Also I came across the name Orosco spelled with a z a lot, like Orozco. There is no picture of this tattoo, so I can't check it.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018
Back