Mexico Unidentified US-Mexico Border Project

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I found a really helpful group on Facebook that may help to get some of these Identified. I hope I don't get in trouble for posting the link here but I don't see why it would hurt anything.

Desaparecidos En La Frontera

I'm making a facebook page just for joining groups like this one so that I can focus on getting the pictures and information out to as many groups as I can.

Some unidentified children found in California.

Have you seen this child? John Doe1984
On July 16, 1984, the body of an unidentified Hispanic male was found on the beach at Border Field State Park, approximately 1/2 mile north of the Mexican border in San Diego, California. He had only been deceased for a short time prior to discovery. The John Doe is believed to have been between 14 and 18 years of age. He was approximately 5’2”, 105 lbs and had brown hair.

NCMU1184482c1.jpg

Have you seen this child? JOHN DOE 1985
On May 30, 1985, the body of an unidentified Hispanic male was located near the 3200 block of Monument Road in San Diego, California. The body was found north of the Mexican border and one mile west of the Port "San Ysidro" entry in an area known for migrant activity. The John Doe is believed to have been between 15 and 25 years of age. He was approximately 5'4" and 127 lbs with brown hair (approximately 6 inches in length) and brown eyes. He had a noticeable wart on his left hand.

NCMU1184474c1.jpg

3 children, woman found dead near Mission, Texas | firstcoastnews.com

Came across this very sad article when searching for known migrant areas. I can't imagine anyone trying to travel by foot across the desert with babies such a sad case. I hope that they can be identified and returned to their loved ones for a proper burial.

Are they on NamUS?

Would you mind if you publish publicly the list of enforced disappeared you have and its updates?

Not only from Mexico, but also from other Central and South America countries.

For mods and admins @CarlK90245 @sillybilly these kind of lists are actually helpful despite the obstacles with spelling mistakes, homonyms, a large number of country of origins....

Information from the last WGEID report numbered A/HRC/45/13 : OHCHR | WGEID - Annual and post-sessional reports and you click on the report number.

Direct links to reports don't always work well, so I prefer giving the link to list and provide the report number. Otherwise, I get error messages when accessing to the report at a later date.
Is it ok for you, @sillybilly @CarlK90245 ?

For Mexico, here is what the last report says:
Mexico
71. During the reporting period, the Working Group transmitted, jointly with other special procedure mandate holders, letters concerning the lack of significant progress in the investigation of cases of enforced disappearance, including allegations of obstruction of justice by State institutions and even acts of threat and intimidation against relatives. The Working Group recalls article 13 of the Declaration on the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance, which establishes, inter alia, the right of victims of enforced disappearance to complain to a competent and independent State authority and to have that complaint promptly, thoroughly and impartially investigated (art. 13-1). Steps must be taken to ensure that all involved in the investigation, including the complainant, counsel, witnesses and those conducting the investigation, are protected against ill-treatment, intimidation or reprisal (art. 13-3). Steps must also be taken to ensure that any ill-treatment, intimidation or reprisal or any other form of interference is appropriately punished (art. 13- 5). Furthermore, investigations should be conducted for as long as the fate of the victim of enforced disappearance remains unclarified (art. 13-6).

72. On 9 October 2019, the Working Group also transmitted, jointly with other special procedure mandate holders, a communication concerning the discussions in the Mexican Supreme Court of a draft judgment regarding the right of victims and relatives to access the files of cases of enforced disappearance that they have pursued through the justice system. The Working Group is grateful for the reply transmitted by the Government of Mexico on 30 January 2020, and welcomes the decision of the Supreme Court to uphold the right of victims, including the relatives of disappeared migrants, to participate in the investigations. In this regard, the Working Group highlights the guiding principles for the search for disappeared persons (CED/C/7), issued in 2019 by the Committee on Enforced Disappearances, in particular principles 4, 5 and 9.
RBBM

p. 20-21

The post-sessional report has not been released yet. Names and a brief description of the victims are released in post-sessional reports since 2014.
So, we have to wait for the post-sessional report for more infos about the cases dealt with the WGEID during the year.

@Bit of hope An example of enforced disappearance linked to narco traffic with Mexico complicity near the border: Disappearance of Alfredo Jiménez Mota - Wikipedia
I know, Wikipedia.

But I can't exclude him being an UID in the US. Hermosilios is at 270km of the US border, which is compatible with a narco cartel dumping the body in the US, with Mexican LE's blessing.

Alfredo Jimenez Mota was investigating about a narco traffic towards the US with Mexico LE complicity.

I know it's not the typical case we encounter in this US-Mexico project. But it highlights better than any technical report why we can't dismiss enforced disappearances in our search.

Even if most of our cases are migrants, not journalists nor lawyers.

If a typical killer can dump a body across a country for impeding the finding and matching, the criminals against humanity can do it even more easily. Responsibles of enforced disappearances are as without conscience as SK, while having a larger range of means to carry out their crimes than a SK.

I found this list of people who have been reported missing while attempting to cross the border. I am still trying to figure out all the names if we can get the names arranged in a simpler list we can use that to help match them to possible unidentified persons.
ayqnb-haiaz.jpg

aft1z-2z5ky.jpg

arv3y-ztyyh.jpg

I found this list of people who have been reported missing while attempting to cross the border. I am still trying to figure out all the names if we can get the names arranged in a simpler list we can use that to help match them to possible unidentified persons.
ayqnb-haiaz.jpg

aft1z-2z5ky.jpg

arv3y-ztyyh.jpg
Thank you.
What's the source for the list?

ayqnb-haiaz.jpg

aft1z-2z5ky.jpg

arv3y-ztyyh.jpg

Are there any other details known, about this people f.i. in what year did they tried to cross the border. And where is this list coming from? For now we can look into the unidentified persons listed here and see if any name from the written list comes up in the UID files....?question mark? I can make an Excel list of it but I need to know if that makes any sense.

Are there any other details known, about this people f.i. in what year did they tried to cross the border. And where is this list coming from? For now we can look into the unidentified persons listed here and see if any name from the written list comes up in the UID files....?question mark? I can make an Excel list of it but I need to know if that makes any sense.
Aguilas Del Desierto Inc.

I found the list on a facebook page ran by people who go out into the desert to search for bodies of the unidentified along the border. The pictures of the list where posted in May of this year but I have no reference for how far back the missing dates go. I have tired to plug a few of the names into NamUs to see if I could find a file for them but so far I haven't had any luck as I am not sure how the name would be entered or if they would even be listed since they are missing from Mexico.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Here is an interesting one possible name "Felipe M Ramirez" found 12/19/2003 he had a work card from "Logoluso Farms" that card has his name and work ID number on it as well as a hire date. From a quick google search I was able to find out that the Farm is in Madera, California and he was found in Pine Valley, California that is a 6 hour drive from where he was found to Madera or 395 miles. I wonder if his work assignment was up and he was trying to get back into Mexico? I guess that could be a possibility but never have I heard of someone dying to get into Mexico typically they are all trying to get out and stay out. Just seems weird to me I don't know anything is possible I suppose.

Here is an interesting one possible name "Felipe M Ramirez" found 12/19/2003 he had a work card from "Logoluso Farms" that card has his name and work ID number on it as well as a hire date. From a quick google search I was able to find out that the Farm is in Madera, California and he was found in Pine Valley, California that is a 6 hour drive from where he was found to Madera or 395 miles. I wonder if his work assignment was up and he was trying to get back into Mexico? I guess that could be a possibility but never have I heard of someone dying to get into Mexico typically they are all trying to get out and stay out. Just seems weird to me I don't know anything is possible I suppose.

I don't know...strange..did he lay there for 8 years? No PMI, no real age estimate only <40. If this card is his, he looks around 25. Maybe he was on his way to the Campo Creek Vineyards?

"undoubtedly holds the distinction of being the southern-most winery in California. The vineyards here lie smack on the border! You'll find true country hospitality from the owner-winemaker as you taste his fine wines!"

Also: The California table grape season begins in late spring when the first grapes are harvested in the Coachella Valley.

Last edited:
99 Percent of Missing Persons in Mexico Stay Missing

Mexico City, June 23 (teleSUR-RHC)-- Over the last two years, Mexican law enforcement authorities have managed to locate less than one percent of all disappeared people in the country, according to a recent report by El Daily Post newspaper.

The Mexican-daily compared data from two different federal government bodies. According to figures from the Special Unit for the Search of Disappeared Persons, created by the Federal Attorney General's Office (PGR), Mexican law enforcement managed to locate 112 disappeared people over the last two years. Only 77 of them were found alive.

In the same time period, however, the National Register of Missing and Disappeared Persons (RNPED) documented 26,928 missing people (this number does not include 112 people found).

The numbers unfortunately suggest that if people go missing in Mexico, they are more than likely to stay missing.

The PGR data added that the 112 people were found predominantly within the country, in 19 different states, but three cases were also found abroad in Guatemala, Turkey and the United States. The data collected from RNPED also showed that Mexico's eastern border state of Tamaulipas had the highest number of disappeared persons in the last two years, with 5,379 reported cases.

It is sad how far behind on locating missing persons Mexico is, they need a task force or group or something to come in and help them get some organization to solving their missing persons cases. I know we have a lot of missing persons in the U.S. too but from everything I have been able to research we have far greater success than Mexico at finding the missing and for solving cases of unidentified deceased.

Miguel Angel Escamilla-Alvarez found 2/26/2002 in Otay Mountain area by USBP in Dulzura, California. Estimated PMI 2001-2002.
Clothing Near Body: Light colored sweatpants with a blue print emblem of a stick figure, seated at a computer reading "Telescundaria 328" and "Arriaga, Chiapas"
I have located the origin of the sweatpants found "Telescundaria 328" is a middle school in Arriaga, Chiapas, Mexico. Even more interesting than that is a legal document of some kind that was found with the body. There is a pdf link to the document under the "images & documents" tab on NamUs. I am currently trying to decipher the spanish and figure out exactly what type of document this is it appears to have multiple names on it and that may help a great deal in identifying this person.

Miguel Angel Escamilla-Alvarez found 2/26/2002 in Otay Mountain area by USBP in Dulzura, California. Estimated PMI 2001-2002.
Clothing Near Body: Light colored sweatpants with a blue print emblem of a stick figure, seated at a computer reading "Telescundaria 328" and "Arriaga, Chiapas"
I have located the origin of the sweatpants found "Telescundaria 328" is a middle school in Arriaga, Chiapas, Mexico. Even more interesting than that is a legal document of some kind that was found with the body. There is a pdf link to the document under the "images & documents" tab on NamUs. I am currently trying to decipher the spanish and figure out exactly what type of document this is it appears to have multiple names on it and that may help a great deal in identifying this person.

If this is a real birth certificate his parents's names and grandparents from mother's and father's side are named. So there must be something wrong. You presume they have been able to find family with all this information. Or the body found doesn't belong to the person on the certificate. Address Dvorak 14 is in Mexico City.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

This is a picture of the address in 2008 (no earlier pictures) Take a walk on Google street-view. Nr. 14 is the green door. In later years it seems to be some kind of shop and they built a window in the salmon colored wall.
cbk

On Calle Gabriel Mancera 222 is a hospital in Mexico City, what seems the place of birth.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Last edited:
If this is a real birth certificate his parents's names and grandparents from mother's and father's side are named. So there must be something wrong. You presume they have been able to find family with all this information. Or the body found doesn't belong to the person on the certificate. Address Dvorak 14 is in Mexico City.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

This is a picture of the address in 2008 (no earlier pictures) Take a walk on Google street-view. Nr. 14 is the green door. In later years it seems to be some kind of shop and they built a window in the salmon colored wall.
cbk

On Calle Gabriel Mancera 222 is a hospital in Mexico City, what seems the place of birth.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I didn't find a trace of the (combination of) names and dates on FamilySearch. Maybe somebody else has more luck. Also, if this UID was born in 1986 he was only 15-16 when he was found. How terribly sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back