United Kingdom Crime Cases - Links to cases on Websleuths *No Discussion*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A Staffordshire man has made a second court appearance after he and a teenage girl were injured during an incident inside a police vehicle in Perth.

Stuart Lymer, 45, and the 17-year-old were arrested and taken to hospital following the incident on 5 March.

Mr Lymer, from Uttoxeter, is charged with possessing a knife at Perth railway station on that date.

He was granted bail at Perth Sheriff Court and the case was fully committed for trial.

Police Scotland has referred the incident to the Police Investigations and Review Commissioner (Pirc).

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-43422232

I've alerted on this post, LB, asking that the thread be reopened given the latest news.
Cags.

Surely there's no point leaving a thread up once the missing person is found, where there is no criminal element involved.

FYI if they are 18 or under and they are found alive we do pull the thread.

We don't have to but we have found that many times when a young adult tries to find a job and their potential boss Google's their name the Websleuths thread comes up. This causes problems for them and that is the last thing we want to do.

If a minor is find alive and well then we pull the thread so they don't have to explain something deeply personal that happened to them years ago. :)

Getting ready to put back the Jessica Roe thread

To all UK WSers, £5.00 sterling is $7.00 US Dollars.
A cheap bottle of wine, 10 cigarettes, 2 Sunday newspapers, less than a couple of monthly magazines in the UK..
We need to help Websleuths continue. Please support Tricia if you can, just one small donation would help her so much. x

PLEASE HELP WEBSLEUTHS CONTINUE ON
Please donate atGoFundMe
PayPal and Google Pay use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com
If half the people who visit today gave $5 dollars we would never have to worry but please
only donate if you can truly afford to do so
Thank you

Tricia Griffith
Owner/Websleuths.com
6300 N Sagewood Drive
STE H 214
Park City UT 84098
triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

Not a crime, but a heads up for a documentary programme on BBC 4 following the Crown Prosecution Service. Ep 3 on Tues 27th March at 22.00 but previous 2 epidsodes available on iplayer.
Interesting for anyone interested in crime, criminal investigation process, how charges are considered, and eventually the trial.

Again, certainly not a current case but possibly of interest to UK WSers so posting for info.

Porthole murder: Did Gay Gibson die from natural causes?

James Camb admitted throwing Gay Gibson's body out of a porthole on cruise ship The Durban Castle

A young actress thought to have been murdered on a cruise ship by a deck steward 70 years ago may have died of natural causes, it has been claimed.

James Camb was convicted of killing Gay Gibson after he admitted throwing her body out of a porthole during a voyage to Southampton in 1947.

He always insisted this was done in panic and that she had died following a medical episode while they were in bed.

Her body was never found - something an author says casts doubt over his guilt.

Camb died in 1979 still protesting his innocence having maintained Ms Gibson had stopped breathing and was already dead when he threw her body from the cabin's porthole - something he later described as "beastly".

He had spotted the 21-year-old on the ship after it departed from South Africa, according to their fellow passengers.

Camb, then 30, initially denied seeing her, but later admitted she had become ill while they were "being intimate" and was "frothing from the mouth".

He was arrested by police in Southampton after the cruise ship arrived from Cape Town
Actress Doreen Mantle - who later gained fame as Mrs Warboys in sitcom One Foot in the Grave - shared a dressing room with Miss Gibson in the weeks before the trip.

She said it was understood she had a heart condition and was "not a well girl" before her death.

Miss Gibson fainted during rehearsals and her lips would often "go blue", Ms Mantle said.

But she did not give evidence at Camb's trial after her father persuaded her to stay in South Africa and not get involved.

You can watch The Porthole Mystery on the BBC iPlayer once it has been broadcast on the News Channel at 9.30pm on Friday.

I couldn't see a post about this - please remove if I've missed it:

Two teenage boys have been arrested on suspicion of murder after a girl's body was found in a park.

Viktorija Sokolova was discovered in West Park, Wolverhampton on Thursday.

West Midlands Police said the 14-year-old had been reported missing the previous day and a post-mortem investigation found she died from blunt force trauma to the head.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-43754146

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I couldn't see a post about this - please remove if I've missed it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-43754146

This is literally just down the road from me. It's certainly shocked the community. Few points to mention:

1. Area is a highly populated multi ethnic area, fairly deprived. Many houses have been converted into bed sits, student accommodation etc with a very high immigrant population.

2. The area is notorious for drugs and prostitution particularly around the park on an evening.

3. The park is the Citys main park. It is closed every evening. It is fairly hard to sneak in once the park is closed. My bet is she was already inside the park when it was closed off or was unfortunately already deceased.

4. The victim lived yards away from the park.

5. There has been complete blackout with regards to whom has been arrested. Even the local grapevine doesn't know and that is very rare!!! I do have a few suspsicions based on her Fb page but will wait to see if i am right

Eta: There is also a fair on at the park at the moment as it is half term. Theres half a dozen or so fairground worker caravans literally within spitting distance of where Viktorija was found. The fair had been closed due to high winds but was meant to be reopening that day

This is literally just down the road from me. It's certainly shocked the community. Few points to mention:

1. Area is a highly populated multi ethnic area, fairly deprived. Many houses have been converted into bed sits, student accommodation etc with a very high immigrant population.

2. The area is notorious for drugs and prostitution particularly around the park on an evening.

3. The park is the Citys main park. It is closed every evening. It is fairly hard to sneak in once the park is closed. My bet is she was already inside the park when it was closed off or was unfortunately already deceased.

4. The victim lived yards away from the park.

5. There has been complete blackout with regards to whom has been arrested. Even the local grapevine doesn't know and that is very rare!!! I do have a few suspsicions based on her Fb page but will wait to see if i am right

Eta: There is also a fair on at the park at the moment as it is half term. Theres half a dozen or so fairground worker caravans literally within spitting distance of where Viktorija was found. The fair had been closed due to high winds but was meant to be reopening that day

Thanks for the insights - perhaps someone could start a new thread for this case? Now rape and murder :(
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/15/teenage-boy-charged-with-of-viktorija-sokolova

Copying this from Tricia, in case UK users haven't seen it.
Please don't let me be the only UK user as I am quite hopeless at computer stuff but I've volunteered
:facepalm: :shame:

We have been threatening to move to new software for over a year now. Well, finally it looks like it is going to happen.

Several g04-25-2018, 04:49 AM#1 Tricia's Avatar Tricia Tricia is offline
Owner Websleuths.com
Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. Buddha
Blog Entries
Attention: We Need Beta Testers ASAP
Hi Everyone,
groups of members have already tried out the new Websleuths software but we need more people.

Please reply to this thread if you want to be included on the beta testing list.

It will be really fun actually. I'll have more details in the coming days but I can tell you we want you to jump around the new forums and try
all the links. Send each other private messages (which are now called Conversations but more on that later) click on everything you can find, try and BREAK the new forum.

We need to get out any bugs before we make the switch over.

So, if you want to join the beta testers just reply to this post and we will put you on our list.

In the next few days, you will receive instruc
tions on how to get to the new forum plus more information about the new features.

This is very exciting. We have had a lot of problems with this old vBulletin software. We believe we have the best software available now along with
the most pleasing color scheme. I'm excited for you all to see it and play around with all the new bells and whistles.

Start signing up.

Thanks,
Tricia
PLEASE HELP WEBSLE

I'm a uk user, I generally use Websleuth via an app called Tapatalk on my phone.

I'm guessing the new forum will need me to apply online so will do so as soon as I'm home.

Is there a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member