DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting one, don't know whether it is worth a thread:

'My mum killed my dad with a hammer but I want her freed'
By June Kelly and Sally Graham
_97415642_007_in_numbers_624.png

Sally Challen was jailed for the murder of her husband in 2011 but her solicitors believe a new law, recognising psychological manipulation as a form of domestic abuse, could be a defence in an appeal hearing next month. Her son David explains why he's backing the appeal ........

Sally Challen was jailed for the murder of her husband in 2011 but her solicitors believe a new law, recognising psychological manipulation as a form of domestic abuse, could be a defence in an appeal hearing next month. Her son David explains why he's backing the appeal ........

Definitely worth a thread. I saw her son's appeal on tv yesterday where he was discussing witnessing all the abuse his mum went through over the years by his dad. It was heartbreaking to watch.

I read an article on this a few weeks/months ago, I wasn't sure if there'd be much interest in a thread.

From the little I've read, I don't have a problem with coercive control being used to mitigate murder down to manslaughter. (But I've not read that much.)

From her children's accounts I think Sally would probably be classed as a victim of coercive control. The timing may be problematic, the same day as the pair reunited at the instigation of Sally and her taking the hammer in her handbag when she moved back in.

I'll start a thread, if nobody posts, nobody posts.

Guys this was also on TV news today but I can't recall the names. Is there a thread?:

Man stabbed frail female to death few days ago. It came out that this murderer lived under new identity as he was convicted and now freed killer of 3 year old child from 40 years ago. Dead female's family are livid.

Guys this was also on TV news today but I can't recall the names. Is there a thread?:

Man stabbed frail female to death few days ago. It came out that this murderer lived under new identity as he was convicted and now freed killer of 3 year old child from 40 years ago. Dead female's family are livid.

Was it Stephen Chafer? He tried to murder someone (almost decapitated her) a few months ago and has just been sentenced again
Convicted child killer who tried to murder again is jailed | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member