Upcoming Trial - 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean fingerprints too or just blood and DNA?

and even if you doubt who that blood belongs to... you'd be right just assuming it came from the victim.

One would expect that since he had gloves, everything he touched during the crime would not contain evidence of him.

What I'm beginning to wonder is if the DNA on the bottle cap excluded Jason, the evidence on the jewelry box excludes Jason, the print on the pipe excludes Jason ... why isn't he excluded? The DNA that is available excludes him, yet police have chosen to ignore that DNA and instead focus on DNA that excludes no one.

Excellent question, Otto.

ETA/ I am not even sure there are gloves, but if there were Jason could say he did not want the cigar smoke on his hands.
There is not a single piece of evidence in this case, that can not be refuted or explained away.
Jason has the best defense team that is going to make the Jurors wonder why the state decided to retry this case.
I bet the last Jury was thinking, what the heck are we doing here?

Dna on rock does not match, dna on sheetrock, no way to tell how long it had been there.
Shoe expert could not say shoes were a match, and as for the so called missing clothes,
Becky Holt did not ask him where they were.
You know why?
Jason had and has an answer but the state did not want the Jury to hear it.

IMO

This guy is not accused of killing anyone, yet his bail is not low. Jason't bail was low in comparson, given that he is accused of murder, not molestation.

"[The pedophile] sits in jail with his bond set at $23 million over 23 felony counts of lewd acts on a child."

http://www.sentinelsource.com/news/...cle_09c8e1a8-d5d3-5089-8f90-09859841aeb7.html

Judge Stephens could have very easily denied bail altogether.

Howard Cummings made a very weak attempt of having his bail denied.

I was shocked that Jason was released, but glad that he would be with his daughter again.......

Does that mean fingerprints too or just blood and DNA?

and even if you doubt who that blood belongs to... you'd be right just assuming it came from the victim.

CCBI handled the fingerprints and all collection of blood and DNA.
Moot point, I was just amusing otto. :)

So why in the world did he not stay at a hotel much closer to Clintwood???? Plenty of CE from that choice.

Because Jason did not leave Raleigh until close to 7:30 PM, and told Michelle and Shelly that he would drive half way there that nite and finish the other half in the am.

It was close to a 6 hour drive.

Jason would have had to get up close to 3-4 am to make the meeting.

Yes, I know he was a 1/2 hour late, he got lost.....and so did the detectives following his route.

There is nothing suspicious about what he did, I can not fathom for a second, that he was in a murderous mind when he left Raleigh, but stopped at a Greensboro Cracker Barrel to eat..

Talk about connecting dots, try to connect that one to a sinister evil minded twisted murderous plan..

Does not connect, sorry.

OT/ Go Pats !!
IMO

Because Jason did not leave Raleigh until close to 7:30 PM, and told Michelle and Shelly that he would drive half way there that nite and finish the other half in the am.

It was close to a 6 hour drive.

Jason would have had to get up close to 3-4 am to make the meeting.

Yes, I know he was a 1/2 hour late, he got lost.....and so did the detectives following his route.

There is nothing suspicious about what he did, I can not fathom for a second, that he was in a murderous mind when he left Raleigh, but stopped at a Greensboro Cracker Barrel to eat..

Talk about connecting dots, try to connect that one to a sinister evil minded twisted murderous plan..

Does not connect, sorry.

OT/ Go Pats !!
IMO

He was off all day the day before. He could easily have driven to a hotel close to his meeting. I believe this was all premeditated before he left Raleigh. His printing out ebay coach purse information was part of his premeditation, to get MF to the house. We are to reasonably believe he was going to get MYa coach purse. Not buying it. Also he remembers to take the mapquest directions but not the coach purse papers. If his focus was to get to the meeting in Clintwood again he had all day to drive to a hotel close by. I have no reasonable doubt that this was all part of his premeditation.

ETA/ I am not even sure there are gloves, but if there were Jason could say he did not want the cigar smoke on his hands.
There is not a single piece of evidence in this case, that can not be refuted or explained away.
Jason has the best defense team that is going to make the Jurors wonder why the state decided to retry this case.

Dna on rock does not match, dna on sheetrock, no way to tell how long it had been there.
Shoe expert could not say shoes were a match, and as for the so called missing clothes,
You know why?

IMO

Becky Holt didn't ask Jason about missing clothes because she knows his clothes weren't missing.

The DNA on the sheetrock was useless because she couldn't also say it was surrounded by blood spatter. That's the type of analysis that reflects a corrupt crime lab.

JMO

He was off all day the day before. He could easily have driven to a hotel close to his meeting. I believe this was all premeditated before he left Raleigh. His printing out ebay coach purse information was part of his premeditation, to get MF to the house. We are to reasonably believe he was going to get MYa coach purse. Not buying it. Also he remembers to take the mapquest directions but not the coach purse papers. If his focus was to get to the meeting in Clintwood again he had all day to drive to a hotel close by. I have no reasonable doubt that this was all part of his premeditation.

BBM. Is it also your opinion that Michelle could have easily mowed the lawn in his absence?

If this was premeditated and he had wanted to get MF to the house, he certainly would not have waited until lunchtime to contact her. You seem to forget that his daughter was quite verbal and could easily communicate with law enforcement as to whether Daddy did it or not and unknown DNA was found at the scene.

JMO

BBM. Is it also your opinion that Michelle could have easily mowed the lawn in his absence?

If this was premeditated and he had wanted to get MF to the house, he certainly would not have waited until lunchtime to contact her. You seem to forget that his daughter was quite verbal and could easily communicate with law enforcement as to whether Daddy did it or not and unknown DNA was found at the scene.

JMO

Guess you missed his testimony about MF's schedule and why he waited till noon to call her?

Try not to mislead the board, Mybelle.

Becky Holt didn't ask Jason about missing clothes because she knows his clothes weren't missing.

The DNA on the sheetrock was useless because she couldn't also say it was surrounded by blood spatter. That's the type of analysis that reflects a corrupt crime lab.

JMO

BBM

Really?

Just exactly where is that missing shirt? It wasn't in JY's luggage or in his vehicle when LE impounded it. He wasn't wearing it when he arrived in Raleigh Friday night, and JY has never produced the shirt.

Let me say this clearly: IF JY had that shirt in his possession, it would have presented in trial. JY and his DT would never have let that one slide by.

The DT would have presented the shirt as evidence and said something like, "Is this the missing shirt that you think our client was wearing when he bludgeoned his wife to death? Would it interest you to know that we have had this shirt tested by an independent forensics lab and NO blood was found on this shirt?"

Presenting that shirt would have shut down the PT's case immediately.

Instead, they presented a photo at CY's birthday party after the murder that shows JY wearing a similar shirt, but with obvious differences. The DT didn't even have the nerve to say that the shirt JY was wearing at the birthday party was THE shirt. They just presented the photo with the hopes that the jurors would think it was THE shirt. That was a low moment for the DT.

Though there were many, by far the biggest blunder by Ms. Holt was her failure to grill him on the missing zip-top pullover.

What a colossal failure!!!
She had a chance of sealing a guilty verdict, but fell asleep at the wheel.

I doubt the Judge allows a hung jury next time around. Not only does the prosecution have to prove guilt to a jury, they have to prove it to him. His willingness to set a low bail for a man accused of a horrific crime, speaks volumes about his position going in to this next trial.

JMO

If the jury does come back after deliberations and say that they are immovably hung, how could the judge not allow this?
What are you saying the judge would/could do to not allow a hung jury?

This trial can hang and the judge would allow it. The judge isn't going to direct a verdict.

And if that happens (let's pray it doesn't) then the state will have a tough decision. Would Wake Cty foot the bill for a 3rd try? I doubt it but who knows.

You know why?

IMO
You're right, while on the witness stand JY had an answer about everything didn't he? Becky Holt let him off easy, way too easy. Finally, the opportunity to question him and she lets it slip away.

The JY supporters can dissect each and every piece of evidence, but one fact remains. When all the evidence is put together as a whole, it points to one person and one person only, JY. Hopefully the jury will use intelligence AND common sense.

Slayer Young is guilty, guilty as sin!

I was shocked that Jason was released, but glad that he would be with his daughter again.......

He was NOT with his daughter again. A SUPERVISED visit was to be considered.

Considering what Josh Powell just did to his two young sons today...I hope JY never gets to be alone with his daughter again.

Are you also glad that Joshua Powell was allowed visits with his boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member