Upcoming Trial - 2012

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that? Evidence was found within feet of the victim. Investigators spent 10 days processing the scene, They missed crucial evidence ... like avulsed teeth under the bed. Did they forget to look under the bed ... perhaps investigators had their suspect in mind and a tooth or two under the bed didn't matter much in the scheme of missing video footage and other missing alleles. Given that police describe this as a prolonged struggle, it's surprising that investigators weren't looking for evidence of a suspect ... even if it's nothing more than a tooth fragment under the bed.

It's classic tunnel vision. The cops knew that tooth didn't belong to Jason because they examined him a few days after the murder as part of the NTO. But there really is no excuse for their failure to collect the tooth and test it. The autopsy was completed. The ME didn't note any teeth were missing and not recovered.

JMO

I mostly read and lurk and have been following this case since People ran the story. I have read on multiple boards, listened to or watched during the last trial and have continued to watch and read boards through the years, but have only posted two or three times.

I am convinced that JY murdered his wife and left his daughter untouched. Clearly a murder that was that violent and evil would be sparing no one in the home, unless you were daddy. And that is just ONE piece of the puzzle!! During the last trial, the cross examination of JY was such a disappointment and so were the closing arguments. Watching BH question or talk to JY made me cringe, as I felt like I was watching a poorly prepared prosecutor on a made for t.v. movie. When she said she was done questioning him, I wanted to jump through my computer and scream!! I really hope that they (the prosecution) deliver this time and don't stutter over their questions or the evidence. The jury needs to see passion and they really need the prosecutors to lay out ALL the evidence during closing arguments without leaving out a detail, linking the details and the so called "coincidences" and evidence that build a very impressive case!!

I have read those who think he is guilty and those who think he is innocent and I just don't get how you could look at the evidence and not see that he is guilty without a shadow of a doubt. I don't understand how the jury could have been split to the level they were. Any doubt in this case is unreasonable imo.

For those of you who continue to look at the evidence and are convinced he did not do it, I don't understand..........<modsnip> ;)

I am hoping and praying that as of Monday morning the prosecution has their stuff together and presents this case with passion and conviction, leaving no stone unturned, literally!!!
of course imo,
Rockin10

I always enter these cases with the presumption of innocence and form my opinion on many factors, including the behavior of the accused. I've seen no evidence Jason Young is capable of the degree of violence the crime scene and Michelle's body reflected. There was no testimony that shows he was provoked before he left on his trip or while he was in route or after he arrived.

JMO

I started reading this case the day it happened ... it was a slow day ... I was on the fence for about six weeks and then ... when I read that all the lights were on in the house at 4:10 in the morning, I wondered if the husband was guilty. I didn't believe that a random burglar would have all the lights on ... random burglars don't know if mom lives across the street, it's too risky ... burglars are not normally that stupid. Add the backed up light colored vehicle like something was being loaded ...

I have wondered what Jason's plan was if strangulation was successful, was it to load her into the back of the vehicle and leave her in a place that couldn't be found .. perhaps like those missing clothes. Karen Swift appears to have been strangled - still waiting for autopsy reports - but the body has been released after 6 weeks to the extended familny (mom not husband). What if Karen's murder had been violent and bloody ... what if Nancy Cooper's murder had been violent and bloody ... then there's Michelle, who put up a mighty fight, and lost. What would her husband have done with her body if he had been successful with the strangulation attempt ... assuming that the husband did it.

It seems that murderers like to distance themselves from the vctim. Vincent Tabak, in the UK, distanced himself from the neghbor he murdered by dumping her body near a bike path, country club and gravel pit. Brad Cooper and Karen Swift's husbands distance themselves from the victim by removing their wife's bodies from the home. Jason apparently tried to strangle his wife, failed and beat her to death. If she had disappeared instead of been murdered, would police have scrutenize him in the same way?

It's classic tunnel vision. The cops knew that tooth didn't belong to Jason because they examined him a few days after the murder as part of the NTO. But there really is no excuse for their failure to collect the tooth and test it. The autopsy was completed. The ME didn't note any teeth were missing and not recovered.

JMO

Investigators knew nothing about the tooth until it was delivered to Jason's sister .. compromised evidence, just like the rock. After that, DNA analysis proved nothing new ... no new suspects were revealed.

There was sloppy investigative work ... that's evident everywhere.

I mostly read and lurk and have been following this case since People ran the story.

I am convinced that JY murdered his wife

Rockin10

<snipped>

Given all that you have read here about the case, what is the most compelling reason to believe that he is guilty?

I crack up everytime I read someone post that $900,000 was a low bond. Seriously, what world are they living in?

This guy is not accused of killing anyone, yet his bail is not low. Jason't bail was low in comparson, given that he is accused of murder, not molestation.

"[The pedophile] sits in jail with his bond set at $23 million over 23 felony counts of lewd acts on a child."

http://www.sentinelsource.com/news/...cle_09c8e1a8-d5d3-5089-8f90-09859841aeb7.html

Exactly what blood evidence was presented at this trial that you think was corrupted by a crime lab?

Or is this just a misrepresentation of facts by you to support your position?

We can't be misrepresenting facts on this board; you told me that last week when I said that LE testified that the security camera was unplugged at 11:20. For the record, I was right about that.

Does it matter? The crime lab has a very poor history of being forthright. In fact, this crime lab concocted 190 convictions in the last decade or so based on misleading and false informatiion. That's scary. There's no way that the lab could have cococted the right information to falsely present evidence in 190 cases without the right infrmation from investigators and the prosecution.

What have we seen since that serious problem in the lab that wasn't corrupted? The Michael Peterson case will be retried because of the corrupt forensic lab, but we haven't yet seen proof that the lab is clean/non-corrupt today. How could anyone have faith that the lab is truly cleaned up?

The same guy that found the rock and the unplugged camera?
Huh?

What is your question?

Jason getting his times wrong by 10 - 30 minutes is consistent with other witnesses that erroneously testified about timelines on the night of the murder. Are they all guilty of something or all screwed up about the time?

A rock that was found outside the hotel with three alleles in common with a large percentage of the population isn't very meaningful (it does not mean that the DNA was a perfect match to 1/42 men). An unplugged camera seven hours prior to someone trying to hide isn't very meaningful.

Other than that, is there any evidence?

So, Jason was still seeing Julie Tyndale when Michelle lost her apartment and moved in with him and Ryan in their rental. Prosecution tried to make that sound like Jason and Michelle were exclusive and he was cheating.

Now she's after the money ... he had 70k income plus commissions and she had 60k.

Prosecution suggesting that Michelle wanted to sell the investment property ... Jason claims it was a sound investment. Jason's online gambling was a problem and a source of a couple of arguments.

Prosecution alleges that there were difficulties in the Linda Fisher relationship ... suggesting that Jason objected to Ms Fisher coming, staying and voicing opinions about how things had to be. Prosecution alleges that Jason was adamently opposed to Ms Fisher moving into the family home.

That seems normal. Who would tolerate their mother in law permanently moving into the matrimonial home ... especially with such a young family.

The cross examination is ridiculous. The prosecution asks Jason if he was ever violent with a woman and he asks if she's referring to the Cargyle incident. She says no, but does he ever remember being with Cargyle and punching the window. He already answered that one.

I don't think anyone is necessarily arguing for Jason's innocence. I think it's more along the lines of re-evaluating the evidence given what we know to be true. ... never mind that gut instinct that it was the butler ... or husband or only known facts versus the three little alleles.

It's more about reasonable doubt for me...

I have corresponded with several people who thought Jason was guilty before the trial and then have either flipped over to NG or still thought
he was G but not enough evidence to find him G.

I started reading this case the day it happened ... it was a slow day ... I was on the fence for about six weeks and then ... when I read that all the lights were on in the house at 4:10 in the morning, I wondered if the husband was guilty. I didn't believe that a random burglar would have all the lights on ... random burglars don't know if mom lives across the street, it's too risky ... burglars are not normally that stupid. Add the backed up light colored vehicle like something was being loaded ...

I have wondered what Jason's plan was if strangulation was successful, was it to load her into the back of the vehicle and leave her in a place that couldn't be found .. perhaps like those missing clothes. Karen Swift appears to have been strangled - still waiting for autopsy reports - but the body has been released after 6 weeks to the extended familny (mom not husband). What if Karen's murder had been violent and bloody ... what if Nancy Cooper's murder had been violent and bloody ... then there's Michelle, who put up a mighty fight, and lost. What would her husband have done with her body if he had been successful with the strangulation attempt ... assuming that the husband did it.

It seems that murderers like to distance themselves from the vctim. Vincent Tabak, in the UK, distanced himself from the neghbor he murdered by dumping her body near a bike path, country club and gravel pit. Brad Cooper and Karen Swift's husbands distance themselves from the victim by removing their wife's bodies from the home. Jason apparently tried to strangle his wife, failed and beat her to death. If she had disappeared instead of been murdered, would police have scrutenize him in the same way?

Otto, I do agree with your 1st paragraph....this was obviously not a random murder. Your other speculation is interesting, though I disagree.
The plan was simple. Whack her on the head while she slept(he did), knock her out, then easily strangle her to death. Then stage the scene for robbery and get back to the hotel by 5:30 AM (the unexpected bloody mess delayed it 1 hour).

I always enter these cases with the presumption of innocence and form my opinion on many factors, including the behavior of the accused. I've seen no evidence Jason Young is capable of the degree of violence the crime scene and Michelle's body reflected. There was no testimony that shows he was provoked before he left on his trip or while he was in route or after he arrived.

JMO

Exactly My Belle,
At one time I considered that maybe Jason and Michelle had a fight on the phone after he arrived, and he went storming out of the hotel with the intent to harm her.......
But, in the video he looks calm and normal, not like someone anxious or angry, could you imagine if he looked like he was in a rage or he punched the hotel wall as he was walking?
And, besides, why the heck would you unplug a camera 40 minutes before you leave?.......
That not only would have been dumb, it could have ruined everything.
IMO

What is your question?

Jason getting his times wrong by 10 - 30 minutes is consistent with other witnesses that erroneously testified about timelines on the night of the murder. Are they all guilty of something or all screwed up about the time?

A rock that was found outside the hotel with three alleles in common with a large percentage of the population isn't very meaningful (it does not mean that the DNA was a perfect match to 1/42 men). An unplugged camera seven hours prior to someone trying to hide isn't very meaningful.

Other than that, is there any evidence?

The handprint on the pipe did not match Jason's prints, and
the agent who testified about the rock said it was nowhere near a match.
Now, I have one for you.....
It is being said that Jason left the hotel with gloves, gloves he must have
packed in his luggage , so, let me ask you this.
The gloves were supposed to be used in the murder, I guess, although Jason would have gloves in the garage when he got back home, or in his car, like the "glove compartment", but, lets say he had the gloves when he was leaving....
Wouldn't he use them to pick up the rock or anything else around the hotel that he was going to touch that he didn't want his prints on?
What was the point in bringing the gloves in the hotel otherwise?
:confused:

Does it matter? The crime lab has a very poor history of being forthright. In fact, this crime lab concocted 190 convictions in the last decade or so based on misleading and false informatiion. That's scary. There's no way that the lab could have cococted the right information to falsely present evidence in 190 cases without the right infrmation from investigators and the prosecution.

What have we seen since that serious problem in the lab that wasn't corrupted? The Michael Peterson case will be retried because of the corrupt forensic lab, but we haven't yet seen proof that the lab is clean/non-corrupt today. How could anyone have faith that the lab is truly cleaned up?

Yes, it does matter. It has been posted that the evidence in this case can't be trusted because of a corrupt crime lab. I want to know what blood evidence was presented in this trial that MyBelle thinks was corrupted?

This guy is not accused of killing anyone, yet his bail is not low. Jason't bail was low in comparson, given that he is accused of murder, not molestation.

"[The pedophile] sits in jail with his bond set at $23 million over 23 felony counts of lewd acts on a child."

http://www.sentinelsource.com/news/...cle_09c8e1a8-d5d3-5089-8f90-09859841aeb7.html

It's hard to argue about the setting of bond amounts in our justice system because I've seen them set at different levels for the same crime all my life.

I have seen a case where a father shook his 2-month-old child to death and was released on a $50,000 bond. I have seen a man who got into a fight with another man where there were no life-threatening injuries sit in jail because he couldn't post his $100,000 bond.

What can I say about bond setting except that there seems to be no hard and fast rules, and most of the time it is left up to the discretion of the judge.

Capture-7.jpg

Like JLY, I travel a good bit on business.
Reservation or not, I will pull to the front door, check on room availability and hopefully check in. Depending on room location, I will then park accordingly.
NEVER, have I parked on the complete opposite side of the building, carried luggage all the way around the building in hopes I could get a room. Makes zero sense, unless you know you want your vehicle on that remote side and plan to scope the exit doors, ect.

BTW, with only 40 room occupied that night, there would have been spaces in the front. There is parking in front of the pool, as well as double rows in front of the hotel for at least 50 cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rose2024