Update(s) from Shayna (Jaycee's sister)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hallelujah! An end to the suicide conversation, I hope! By the way, thanks for the article and I posted the article to the media section.

Hallelujah! An end to the suicide conversation, I hope! By the way, thanks for the article and I posted the article to the media section.
I did not know there was a suicide conversation :waitasec:
I do know there was an informational article that was informative, with a nasty headline.....
I found it far more informative then.... the turkey took longer to cook then expected, or we ate pie JMHO

That will make for great memories in the future!! I think there are a lot of families who have had the same thing happen!!

I wonder who all was there with a 22 lb turkey? I hope there were a lot of people there to help celebrate!! Hopefully any bad memories or trials of spirit could be on the back burner for the day!

What a lot they had to celebrate!

im guessig, jaycee, terry, shayna, jaycee's girls were all there for sure.
maybe carl and aunt tina?

Thank you Flourish, you put that eloquently. I don't in any way mean to be disrespectful of Dave. In fact, Dave, I agree with you fully that it is shameful that any of us question the playful wrestling. Heart-breaking, actually.

I've raised 15 children--boys and girls, healthy and special needs. Play wrestling is certainly common among young children, often boys. However, it seems to taper off around puberty. When it occurs between teen boys, there's almost always a dominating factor involved. But we don't need to go there.

The fact is that when you are a survivor of childhood sexual abuse or a parent of a survivor, seemingly playful acts take on a new dimension. I would have never thought a thing was amiss with young children wrestling until my children were raped and it came out at trial that the rapist had play-wrestled with them. The rapist was an older teen and my children ranged in age from about 6-12. Developmentally, they were all much younger due to special needs.

Suddenly, wrestling was no longer innocent to me. The same goes for tickling or for a teen or an adult holding a child older than an infant on their lap. Even a certain way of wrapping an arm around a child's shoulders to guide them when walking became sinister. Am I jaded? Yes. But I am guilty of not seeing abuse while it was happening right under my nose. That changes the way I see some things.

Might these actions be totally innocent? Of course. Could these actions be possibly misguided and worthy of closer watch? You bet!! I learned the hard way. Flourish makes a fine point in stating that the girls are doing what seems "normal" to them. I am not judging the little girls in any way. I am also not judging Shayna as she seems like a fabulous and loving Aunt and sister. I am just saying that, to some of us (and we know who we are), this is just one more awful reminder of what these children have endured.

With loads of therapy and a loving family, they can be taught to play in a healthy way. They can learn to trust and feel safe. I've seen miracles happen with healing but it's a long and arduous path.

I have teenage boys that wrestle for their high School, believe me when I tell you that they are always wrestling in my house. I have never thought anything about it. I just know that when they are playing soccer, they kick everything. When they switch to wrestling, that is all they do. I just can't look at it as unhealthy play. Now if a neighbor started wrestling with my girls thats a different story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catluva247
Back