UPDATED:Casey Death Penalty Case Hard To Make At This Time

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Geesh, how many dead people are laying around Florida, I have heard of several found since this case started.

I just heard the movie "The Changling" about the serial murders of little boys in the 1920's happened just two miles from my house. They still haven't found all the bodies. I'm freaked! So, every state has their share. :eek:

I'm just curious, and please move me if I'm in the wrong place, but I am starting to worry if she might actually get "away" with this. I mean there is no doubt in my mind she will be charged with the fraud and lying to authorities, but I will be heartbroken if she ends up only spending like 10 years in jail.

Is anyone else worried about this?

I sure am! Enough that I would like to apply for a job as a prison guard at the State Penn in Florida. Those 10 years would seem like 50!

Prosecutors say they don’t know if they have enough evidence to seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony, who is accused of killing her daughter, Caylee, WESH 2 News learned on Thursday.

A spokesman at the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office told WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing on Thursday that prosecutors have not taken the death penalty off the table, because the case is still developing and they hope to find Caylee’s body.

But Randy Means of the state attorney’s office said there are doubts they have enough aggravating factors to get the death penalty at this time.

They changed the article that I originally posted. That isn't what it said originally.

I don't care if she gets the death penalty either, I'd rather her spend the rest of her life in prison - heck the Manson murderers had their death row sentences commuted to life -

Now if the searchers find a body and there is evidence that Casey killed her - then I wonder if the DA can then change it to a death penalty case

You are so right! And no matter how hard theyve tried theyve never been able to make parole in all these years.

Casey will do well in prison, she will have men and lesbians clamouring for her, she will find protection,money and probably drugs. She will have more commissary than anyone because admirers wil send her money and love letters for years.

it wouldn't suprise me if she escapes at some point in her sentence, she is the type who will con some man or codependent low self esteem type of girl into helping her...like Bambi whats her name, who escaped prison in Wisconsin. ( correct me if I don't recall correctly) She was a cop at one point I think, and married a cop...

This really reminds me of the one who shot her 3 children in the back of the car. She was another pretty sociopath.

No, prison suits Casey. She won't have real responsibilites and she can devote all of her energy to numero uno.

Casey will do well in prison, she will have men and lesbians clamouring for her, she will find protection,money and probably drugs. She will have more commissary than anyone because admirers wil send her money and love letters for years.

it wouldn't suprise me if she escapes at some point in her sentence, she is the type who will con some man or codependent low self esteem type of girl into helping her...like Bambi whats her name, who escaped prison in Wisconsin. ( correct me if I don't recall correctly) She was a cop at one point I think, and married a cop...

This really reminds me of the one who shot her 3 children in the back of the car. She was another pretty sociopath.

No, prison suits Casey. She won't have real responsibilites and she can devote all of her energy to numero uno.

Man...good post....you are so very right...especially the part about not having any responsibilities. She will be able to continue in her manipulative, psychopathic ways and never have to 'rehab' or get 'born-again'

I hope you are right and the "deal" will include Caylee's remains. If Casey isn't going to face the DP, LWOP sounds like a great option. As long as Casey pays for what she has done, she can rot in jail instead of die by the needle. At 22 years old...she should have at least a good 50-60 year stint.

She has to have something the prosecutors really really want in order for them to deal the crimes down to less serious ones or to reduce in any way, potential penalties.

Other than the location of the body there is not too much she has to offer.

I doubt the DA"s office is afraid to try the case and there are no witnesses we know of whom they are hard-pressed to keep off the stand by way of working a deal and sparing their testifying.

jmho

Diane Downs is the one that shot her kids in the car. The prosecuter adopted one of them if remember correctly.

I think you may be right here. But on the bright side, there's also the possibility that it could go completely in the other direction for her. Prisoners usually don't take kindly to other prisoners who commit crimes against children. Even if she gains a few admirers, she's sure to have a lot of enemies too. I don't doubt that they'll have their way with her in ways that I wouldn't even want to describe.

women can be cruel beyond words, I am sure she will get her hair ripped out and will end up getting cut or a broken nose. I feel like these are girl fight injuries, but no one will kill her, they will just break her down then gradually accept her.

After listening to NG tonight I am just amazed by her easy lying and her toughness. Casey feels superior and believes she will make you too tired to agrgue anymore with her stories.

she's really very sick and deluded and grandiose which we know to be the hallmark, right? of a narcissist.

I think there are unwed young mothers everywhere in the world that can relate to Casey and if they knew this story they would ask themselves, am i like her? i stole money from my parents, i lied about all kinds of stuff, i lost track of my baby at the park...ect....but then it takes an evil turn...and this is what seperates Casey from a delinquent. She is a total bird of prey living in the moment, thoughtless... devoid of emotional authenticity and authentic thoughts.

women can be cruel beyond words, I am sure she will get her hair ripped out and will end up getting cut or a broken nose. I feel like these are girl fight injuries, but no one will kill her, they will just break her down then gradually accept her.

After listening to NG tonight I am just amazed by her easy lying and her toughness. Casey feels superior and believes she will make you too tired to agrgue anymore with her stories.

she's really very sick and deluded and grandiose which we know to be the hallmark, right? of a narcissist.

I think there are unwed young mothers everywhere in the world that can relate to Casey and if they knew this story they would ask themselves, am i like her? i stole money from my parents, i lied about all kinds of stuff, i lost track of my baby at the park...ect....but then it takes an evil turn...and this is what seperates Casey from a delinquent. She is a total bird of prey living in the moment, thoughtless... devoid of emotional authenticity and authentic thoughts.

I so agree with you. This girl is really sick. She has some gaul stating that the sheriffs will not break her. Well, hopefully life in prison will. I have honestly never seen this type of behavior before. Not even SP was this arrogant. He knew when to breakout and get his money and try to leave town. This woman thinks that she will walk after she killed her daughter. I cant believe that she thought that she would get away with the crime and worse all her ridiculous story seemed totally believable to her.

I think KC already admitted to what she has done. She has said:

"They are going to try to pin this on me." (Pin what, exactly? This was said just a few days into her first visit to jail.)

"I am not going to confess to something that I didn't do." (LE just wanted to know what happened to Caylee. They didn't know if they had an accidental death or a murder on their hands yet. No one "does" an accidental death.)

"All they care about is Caylee." (Yeah, because she is not yet 3 years old, no one can find her, you lied about where she is and they know where you are. Duh.)

Tick tock Tick tock......
........minutes are slipping away Casey.....if you have something to say, then you better start singing like a canary.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17923372/d...rl_break&ts=T&tmi=orl_break_-1_03030111062008

Prosecutors say they do not have enough evidence to seek the death penalty against Casey Anthony, who is accused of killing her daughter, Caylee, WESH 2 News learned on Thursday.

A source at the Orange-Osceola State Attorney’s Office told WESH 2 News reporter Bob Kealing on Thursday that prosecutors have decided there are not enough "aggravating factors" to pursue the death penalty.

No need for a deal or to tell them where Caylee is, just hide the body well enough and appear to be a previously non abusive mother and no DP. I swear if Casey was unattractive and they couldn't play the little slide show of her "loving" her daughter this wouldn't go down like this.

I am sick to my stomach - if Casey were a man or an ugly old woman this thing would have been over. They know the Jury will sympathize or at least a few of them.

The prosecution is right, the forensic evidence I re-read today from the "new" dump, isn't enough. Yes I think she's guilty, but they need to find Caylee's remains. If they don't Casey will get off with "much more less" than a dealth penalty.

I pray that Tim Miller and Huff find her this weekend.

I just heard the movie "The Changling" about the serial murders of little boys in the 1920's happened just two miles from my house. They still haven't found all the bodies. I'm freaked! So, every state has their share. :eek:

I started poking around WS on the other cases and found a spot where it's broken down state-by-state. I think this is a WONDERFUL feature because sleuthers can know exactly which cases are in their backyards. It really does help for perspective to have your feet on the ground near the case.

I have a case I will ask permission to put up (both here and from LE). It is a Florida case which has been prosecuted but the body has not yet been identified (an open case but OLD). But I think it's totally sleuthable.

Susan Smith has managed to make a "life" in gen pop by having affairs with guards and other women. I can see KC doing the same. She should never have another moment of happiness in her life. EVER.

I agree. KC will adapt and manipulate her new surroundings - I don't even want her to have the joy and relief of using the bathroom, or having a warm cup of coffee. i don't want her to breathe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734
Back