US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m concerned about misplaced justification as related to retaliation.

I hope no more violent acts occur against anyone, in response to this specific incident, and everyone will solely blame the individual responsible for this act. I’m concerned about some out there (not here) trying to blame others than the shooter.

I think he was plain old suicidal and like many other mass shooters wanted to bring others down with him.

Sure Trump was his target, but so was the crowd. He likely had no real motivation to do what he did. He just had a "different crowd" than a schoolroom full of kids. So many of these shootings are about "shock value". He took it to another level. I hope there isn't a copy-cat. MOO

I’m concerned about misplaced justification as related to retaliation.

I hope no more violent acts occur against anyone, in response to this specific incident, and everyone will solely blame the individual responsible for this act. I’m concerned about some out there (not here) trying to blame others than the shooter.
It's already started and really, really needs to stop IMO. People at the event were blaming the press who are just there to do their job and report the news. I don't even understand why anyone would think it's their fault, but apparently some do.

Moments after Donald Trump was rushed to safety following a failed assassination attempt at a Saturday night rally, some of his supporters turned toward the press pen with obscenities as they fingered reporters for blame.

“This is your fault!” one attendee emphatically yelled, pointing at individual journalists as he approached the fence line separating them from attendees. “This is your fault!”

“It is your fault!” exclaimed another.

Axios reporter Sophia Cai, who quoted some in the crowd warning the press, “you’re next” and that their “time is coming,” even reported that a few rally goers tried to breach the barriers establishing the press pen, but that they were stopped by security personnel.

It's already started and really, really needs to stop IMO. People at the event were blaming the press who are just there to do their job and report the news. I don't even understand why anyone would think it's their fault, but apparently some do.

Moments after Donald Trump was rushed to safety following a failed assassination attempt at a Saturday night rally, some of his supporters turned toward the press pen with obscenities as they fingered reporters for blame.

“This is your fault!” one attendee emphatically yelled, pointing at individual journalists as he approached the fence line separating them from attendees. “This is your fault!”

Axios reporter Sophia Cai, who quoted some in the crowd warning the press, “you’re next” and that their “time is coming,” even reported that a few rally goers tried to breach the barriers establishing the press pen, but that they were stopped by security personnel.

This is remarkable.. I am trying so hard to stay quiet.. so hard.

Just watching CNN's earlier evening broadcast. Apparently as soon as police were notified of the gunman, they should have radioed the command post so that information could be passed on to the Secret Service; we don't know if that happened (I'm guessing not). Obviously that building should have been protected, either by an officer on the roof, drones in the air, or snipers watching it; the perimeter should have been larger. His cell phone may take some time to crack, as it's not as easy as it used to be to bypass passwords.

:(

Think if he would have used a bump stock, etc, like the Vegas shooter.
I imagine he was going for accuracy, as there's no doubt Trump was the target. I think his rifle was equipped with an optic, and he only missed because he was rushed by that officer who attempted to confront him.

A bump stock would be the last thing he'd want to use in that situation.

Just watching CNN's earlier evening broadcast. Apparently as soon as police were notified of the gunman, they should have radioed the command post so that information could be passed on to the Secret Service; we don't know if that happened (I'm guessing not). Obviously that building should have been protected, either by an officer on the roof, drones in the air, or snipers watching it; the perimeter should have been larger. His cell phone may take some time to crack, as it's not as easy as it used to be to bypass passwords.
Well that answers my earlier question. They did have a way to communicate with SS, but unsure if that happened or not. I sure hope we get some answers.

Hard to say what the truth is yet. But this quote from two anonymous officials say the officer climbed down the ladder after TC pointed the gun at him.

Was there a ladder used or not? I think it's likely. JMO.

Specific to the first responder (a Municipal officer) who acted on reports of a gunman on the roof, prior to any shots being fired by TC at the Trump event in Butler, PA, my post was not taken from any anonymous official but directly from the Butler County Sheriff Michael Slupe who confirmed to KDKA-TV as follows-- and none involved the use of a ladder:

7/14/2024
[..]

Butler County Sheriff Michael Slupe confirmed to KDKA-TV that an armed municipal officer with Butler Township encountered shooter Thomas Crooks before he fired shots from a rooftop building outside the perimeter of former President Trump's rally.

[..]

"All I know is the officer had both hands on the roof to get up on the roof, never made it because the shooter had turned towards the officer, and rightfully and smartly, the officer let go," Sheriff Slupe said.

[..]

Sheriff Slupe said this officer was hoisted by another officer to the roof of a building where the shooter had taken a position.

The shooter, Crooks, focused his rifle on the officer who let go and fell off the roof.
Then, the 20-year-old began firing into the crowd.

[..]

While Sheriff Slupe believes there was a security failure, he is not ready to expand on how or why Crooks was able to go undetected.

"I don't want to say this or that when I don't know. Let's be fair, let's let the investigation take its course, and we are all going to learn something from this. There is not just one entity responsible; the Secret Service plays a key role in protecting, in this case, former President Trump, but they don't act alone. The Secret Service receives support from local police departments."

"There is an immediate ring around Trump, which is manned by the Secret Service, but then, there is a secondary ring further out, which is manned largely by local and state police. The assailant was in that secondary ring."

A Secret Service spokesperson confirmed to KDKA-TV that the agency relied on local police at the Trump rally to fill out parts of its specialized protective units.

ETA: To be clear, I'm not disputing any agency used a ladder to get to the roof tops on Saturday, just that no ladder was used by the Municipal officer who first encountered the shooter, TC.

Last edited:
I imagine he was going for accuracy, as there's no doubt Trump was the target. I think his rifle was equipped with an optic, and he only missed because he was rushed by that officer who attempted to confront him.

A bump stock would be the last thing he'd want to use in that situation.

Thought you might say that :) Yeah, I’m just glad he didn’t take the absolute, absolute guaranteed approach of hundreds of shots, mowing DT, and everyone else down. Perhaps there was also some thrill in the chase. Well, of course there was.

Not explaining self well, it was a kill attempt, no doubt.

Last edited:
Donald-Trump-2161369496.jpg

HTCV5RRI35AOBAL7GMKPQVOXFI.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,
We are going to close the Trump thread for the night. We are doing this because the alerts went crazy overnight. We will close this thread in about 10 minutes and reopen in the morning.
Thanks,
Tricia

I was struck by how many people remained upright during the whole ordeal, instead of ducking, fleeing.

I think some were as/more concerned about Trump than themselves, and if needed, would have taken a bullet for him.

In an interview Trump gave to Washington Examiner this morning, he cited he was taken back on how nobody was leaving but instead were standing in place, looking at him. He said it's why he kept raising his fist to his supporters because he wanted them to know that he was OK. He also said that he has totally rewritten the speech he will deliver to the Convention, and it's no longer about the Joe Biden administration.

dbm
I've been out of town and catching up. Incredible to me that a 20 year old with a rifle, that's reported a lousy shot, can get close enough to a President or former President to shoot him/her and also innocent Americans were injured and one lost their life.

I thought Melania's letter was personal and appropriate. We all need to remember that these are real people with real families. The media and haters are driving the division in this country. We have to do better. We should all be able to support our chosen candidate and that candidate should be able to speak to his or her supporters without fear. Personally I can say that I have kept my mouth shut many times because of the blowback from people that don't agree with me. We all still have freedom of speech! Sadly the victims were participating in that last night and so was President Trump. All JMO
Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member