US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The shooter didn’t go through security because he was outside of the event.
Yes, I understand that now, but when the news first broke there were many comments on CNN regarding how did someone get a gun through the magnetometers. I was thinking maybe it was one of those 3-D printed guns until the details came out that the shooter was outside the rally.

<modsnip - off topic>

JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
At the very least, they would have significant range time. You don’t pick up a rifle and almost hit your target from 50+ yards away first try. The recoil takes time to get used to.
Depends on what kind of gun. Even an AR-15 doesn't really recoil. If it's not a Magnum round (like a .223) it wouldn't recoil much.

5m ago

In an interview with CNN, Butler county district attorney Richard A Goldinger said that in addition to the two deaths at the Trump rally, one other person was injured, and in “serious condition”.

He also said that the shooter was outside of the security perimeter, meaning he did not go through magnetometers intended to reveal firearms.

“I don’t know how he would have gotten to the location where he was, but he was outside the grounds, and I think that’s something that we’re going to have to figure out how he got there,” he said.

I think, based off the BBC interview and video, this is the roof where the shooter was located:

40°51'29.5"N 79°58'14.8"W

EDIT: yes confirmed, attached photo, roughly 125m from Trump:
I'm no expert but would have thought that every roof and high point with shooting range should have been covered by the SS. Inexcusable.

It might have been the gunman. They were able to "take care of him" fairly quickly. OTOH, Secret Service also stand on nearby buildings sometimes, especially for outdoor rallies.
I think that’s how they were able to take him down so fast. There do appear to have been failures here, in that he was able to shoot in the first place, especially if that witness is to be believed.

Some of those shots we heard were likely the ones that killed him, probably from multiple agents.

Former President Barack Obama said in a statement on X:

“Although we don’t yet know exactly what happened, we should all be relieved that former President Trump wasn’t seriously hurt, and use this moment to recommit ourselves to civility and respect in our politics."

President Ronald Reagan is ushered into the President's limousine by Secret Service agents after being shot outside a Washington hotel in 1981.

President Ronald Reagan is ushered into the President's limousine by Secret Service agents after being shot outside a Washington hotel in 1981.

The incident Saturday immediately sparked wrenching memories of past political violence in living memory, ranging from the assassinations in the 1960s of President John Kennedy, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and Robert Kennedy to more recent incidents.

President Reagan was badly injured in a shooting in Washington in 1981. “Honey, I forgot to duck,” he quipped to first lady Nancy Reagan. More recently, then-Rep. Gabby Giffords was shot in 2011 by a gunman while meeting with voters in Arizona, later becoming a prominent gun-control advocate. Rep. Steve Scalise was nearly killed by a gunman at a congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, Va. in 2017.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who is running for president as an independent and is the son of Robert Kennedy, said on X: “Now is the time for every American who loves our country to step back from the division, renounce all violence, and unite in prayer for President Trump and his family.”

Last edited:
I think that’s how they were able to take him down so fast. There do appear to have been failures here, in that he was able to shoot in the first place, especially if that witness is to be believed.

Some of those shots we heard were likely the ones that killed him, probably from multiple agents.
God bless President Trump. So sad. I remember the day Kennedy was murdered and the day Reagan was shot. Horrible people in this world.

Two officials spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity to discuss the ongoing investigation. They said the shooter was not an attendee at the rally and was killed by U.S. Secret Service agents.

The officials said the shooter was engaged by members of the U.S. Secret Service counterassault team and killed. The heavily armed tactical team travels everywhere with the president and major party nominees and is meant to confront any active threats while other agents focus on safeguarding and evacuating the person at the center of protection.

Agreed. Like 4-5 from the shooter, and maybe 7-8 from the SS. I counted 12-13 shots in total. We will get all the info soon I am sure. But it was a huge security lapse for this to even happen. I drove by Mar-a-Lago every day this week on my way to work (was picking up a coworker who was staying on Palm Beach) and the security there is impressive.

I am in shock that this happened.

Somebody needs to lose their job.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member