US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
5m ago

The BBC says they spoke with a witness who said they saw someone with a rifle outside the Trump rally, and tried to point him out to police, before he opened fire.

Here’s what they found:

One witness, Greg, told the BBC he was outside the rally and could only hear the former president talking, when he noticed a man on top of a roof.
“We noticed the guy crawling up the roof of the building beside us, 50 feet away from us,” Greg said. “He had a rifle, we could clearly see him with a rifle.”
Greg said they pointed the man out to police.
“Next thing you know, I’m thinking to myself why is Trump still speaking? Why have they not pulled him off the stage?” he said. “I’m standing there pointing at him... the next thing you know, five shots ring out.”

Bear in mind the situation is still fluid and the BBC cannot fully verify these early witness reports.

Agreed. Like 4-5 from the shooter, and maybe 7-8 from the SS. I counted 12-13 shots in total. We will get all the info soon I am sure. But it was a huge security lapse for this to even happen. I drove by Mar-a-Lago every day this week on my way to work (was picking up a coworker who was staying on Palm Beach) and the security there is impressive.

I am in shock that this happened.

Somebody needs to lose their job.
Yeah. I had the number from the shooter in the same range (I had it at 4). Then there’s a pause and a burst, which wouldn’t have been from him.

There will be a full investigation here, as there are after every event like this (mass shootings as a comparison).

Clearly a failure happened somewhere.

New details from @PatMilton14: shooter was outside the cordoned off area of the rally a couple of hundred yards away from Trump. The shooter was standing on an elevated structure… was shot and killed by a member of USSS counter assault team. The shooter weapon was a rifle.

(CBS News journalist)

Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who is running for president as an independent and is the son of Robert Kennedy, said on X: “Now is the time for every American who loves our country to step back from the division, renounce all violence, and unite in prayer for President Trump and his family.”
Can you imagine how hard this must be for RFK, Jr? The horrible memories he must be having breaks my heart.

Suspect fired rifle from 200 yards - report

Our US news partner, CBS, is quoting two law enforcement sources who say the attacker was armed with a rifle and stood outside a cordoned-off area at the rally, about 200 yards (182m) from Trump.
The officials say the suspect was stood on an "elevated structure".
They were killed by a member of the US Secret Service counter-assault team, CBS reports.

5m ago

The BBC says they spoke with a witness who said they saw someone with a rifle outside the Trump rally, and tried to point him out to police, before he opened fire.

Here’s what they found:

One witness, Greg, told the BBC he was outside the rally and could only hear the former president talking, when he noticed a man on top of a roof.
“We noticed the guy crawling up the roof of the building beside us, 50 feet away from us,” Greg said. “He had a rifle, we could clearly see him with a rifle.”
Greg said they pointed the man out to police.
“Next thing you know, I’m thinking to myself why is Trump still speaking? Why have they not pulled him off the stage?” he said. “I’m standing there pointing at him... the next thing you know, five shots ring out.”

Bear in mind the situation is still fluid and the BBC cannot fully verify these early witness reports.

If this witness is correct about what he saw - I'm very surprised that shop roof-top he fired from was not part of the radious covered by the secret service. It seems obvious, but I don't have a full perspective of the layout yet.

Amen sister!
I’m old enough to remember when we were respectful to each President who led our country even if we didn’t like his politics.
Democrats and Republicans respectfully took turns.
We were a role model for the entire world for our system of civility and civilized democracy.
Other countries had divisive politics but ours was a gracious system respected by the great nations of the world.
We respectfully took turns.
Now it’s an embarrassment to watch one US political party bully and antagonize the other- threaten and call out those who disagree.
It’s so sad and disgusting to see the degradation in our civility.

I’m also old enough to remember the news being delivered by the likes of Walter Cronkite who simply delivered the news. We never questioned or cared how he voted. We simply trusted him to deliver truth in journalism without personal political bias. He earned our respect.

Praying for peace and a return to respectful civility in our great nation- may God help us.
Imho
I have already cancelled my evening out plans. I have no desire to be at the pub when people start drinking and arguing. I will not participate in violence when I can simply stay home and stay safe

I foresee a lot of violence heading our way because of this.

Just seen this live on sky news, really feel for the man he must be in shock.

'I helped carry the dead man away,' says witness who heard seven shots
A doctor who was at the rally said he saw one person dead.

The witness, who identified himself as Joseph, said he was sitting in the bleachers at the far left of the podium when he heard shots ring out.

A couple of yards away, he said he saw a man fall to the bottom of the bleachers after being shot in the back of the head. He said the man was facing the former president and appeared to be in the way of someone who was aiming and firing at Trump.

Joseph said the man was instantly killed, from what he could tell. Pennsylvania State Police and a SWAT team then began evacuating everyone, he said. Joseph said he helped officials carry the dead man and that officers placed a towel on the man's head before carrying him away.

Trump post:

Just seen this live on sky news, really feel for the man he must be in shock.

'I helped carry the dead man away,' says witness who heard seven shots
A doctor who was at the rally said he saw one person dead.

The witness, who identified himself as Joseph, said he was sitting in the bleachers at the far left of the podium when he heard shots ring out.

A couple of yards away, he said he saw a man fall to the bottom of the bleachers after being shot in the back of the head. He said the man was facing the former president and appeared to be in the way of someone who was aiming and firing at Trump.

Joseph said the man was instantly killed, from what he could tell. Pennsylvania State Police and a SWAT team then began evacuating everyone, he said. Joseph said he helped officials carry the dead man and that officers placed a towel on the man's head before carrying him away.

He also said how the man who was shot was attending the rally with family members, specifically two of those family members were absolutely historical. I feel so sorry for all affected by this. JMO.

Last edited:
One witness has told the BBC's Gary O'Donoghue that he saw a man crawl onto a roof with a rifle, approximately "five to seven minutes" into Trump's remarks.
"We noticed a guy crawling... up the roof of the building beside us, 50 ft away from us," he said.
"We're pointing at the guy crawling up the roof," he said, describing how he and his friends tried to alert law enforcement to the man's presence.

Video at link …

Trump, the presumptive Republican nominee, was showing off a chart of border crossing numbers during his last rally before the Republican National Convention opens Monday when the apparent shots began.

It took two minutes from the moment of the first shot for Trump to be placed in a waiting SUV.

No way do I think it was opportunistic. It was planned, imo. That just makes me so sad and mad.

No violence is acceptable. None.

jmo
IMO the shooter must have known he wouldn't survive. So to me, that means he wanted to die anyway. Was it about being some kind of martyr, or just about going out in a hail of bullets and becoming 'famous'?

JMO

ATTENTION WEBSLEUTHS MEMBERS!!!!
DO NOT POST RANDOM SOURCES. MAINSTREAM MEDIA ONLY.
STOP POLITICIZING.
Time outs will be handed out. No warnings.
You are making our overworked wonderful mods nuts!!!
Please, remember our rules.
Thank you,

Tricia

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members