US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO the shooter must have known he wouldn't survive. So to me, that means he wanted to die anyway. Was it about being some kind of martyr, or just about going out in a hail of bullets and becoming 'famous'.

JMO
Not a bad take. Assassins have a way of getting swift justice in the USA.

This thread is moving SO FAST that this link above is likely redundant (was likely already posted) but I’m posting because of confirmation from emergency room doctor that male victim in the crowd was shot in the head by the sniper.
May this poor victim rest in peace.
Imho

Trump post:

If there’s one thing this man is gonna do, it’s tweet from the hospital.

Jokes aside, it’s a relief that he is actually able to.

3m ago

Trump says bullet hit ear in rally shooting

In a post on Truth Social, Donald Trump said he was hit by a bullet “that pierced the upper part of my right ear” when a gunman opened fire on his rally in Pennsylvania

Trump says he was shot in ear

BREAKING

Donald Trump says he was "shot with a bullet that pierced the upper part of my right ear".
"I knew immediately that something was wrong in that I heard a whizzing sound, shots, and immediately felt the bullet ripping through the skin." the former president posted on his Truth Social account.
"Much bleeding took place, so I realised then what was happening."

Here is the latest information from our investigation. We are grateful to the Secret Service team and our law enforcement partners for their swift action. Our thoughts go out to the families affected by this tragedy.

GSaKrFUWQAAeWjm

Goldring appeared on CNN and said the apparent shooter “was outside of the grounds, so to speak” – and he wasn’t sure how “he would’ve gotten to the location where he was”.

“That’s something we’re going to have to figure out – how he got there.”

The BBC, meanwhile, interviewed a Trump supporter who said he was outside the rally site and had been trying to get close enough to hear the former president speak when he saw a man carrying a rifle climb on to the roof of a building.

The man said he pointed out the building in question to police and remarked: “There’s a guy on the roof with a rifle.” But none of the police reacted, and about two minutes later, the man fired several shots.

At that point, the man told the BBC, Secret Service agents shot the makeshift sniper to death. “They blew his head off,” the man said.

Agreed it didn’t look like a bullet. I mean then you’d probably just fall. He looked more like “ow what was that” followed by ducking down on purpose. I’m glad he and his team reacted so quickly.

In the US we vote for our candidate. We don’t try to take out the other one.
TV is saying it was a bullet.

The attack, by a shooter who law enforcement officials say was then killed by the Secret Service, was the first attempt to assassinate a president or presidential candidate since Ronald Reagan was shot in 1981.

The perils of campaigning took on a new urgency after the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy in California in 1968, and again in 1972 when Arthur Bremer shot and seriously hurt George Wallace, who was running as an independent on a campaign platform that has sometimes been compared to Trump’s.

That led to increased protection of candidates, even as the threats persisted, notably against Jesse Jackson in 1988 and Barack Obama in 2008.

Presidents, particularly after the assassination of John F. Kennedy in 1963, have even greater layers of security. Trump is a rarity as both a former president and a current candidate.

“We’re pointing at the guy, crawling up the roof,” the witness said. “He had a rifle, you could clearly see he had a rifle. I’m thinking to myself, why is Trump still speaking? Why have they not pulled him off the stage?”

“The next thing you know, five shots rang out,” the witness said, adding he is “100 percent” certain the shots came from the rifle of the man crawling across the roof.

“We can see him from right here! He’s crawling,” the witness, identified only as Greg, said he told police and Secret Service in an interview with the BBC.

The wintess told the BBC that he is “absolutely” certain that the shooter was killed: “Secret Service blew his head off.

3 min ago

Shooter fired multiple shots from "elevated position" outside of Trump rally, Secret Service says

From CNN’s Evan Perez

Debris litters the empty rally site after shots were fired at former President Donald Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania, on Saturday.

A shooter fired multiple shots from an “elevated position” outside of the Trump rally before United States Secret Service personnel “neutralized” the shooter, the law enforcement agency said.

“During Former President Trump’s campaign rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on the evening of July 13 at approximately 6:15 p.m., a suspected shooter fired multiple shots toward the stage from an elevated position outside of the rally venue,” the Secret Service statement said.

Secret Service personnel “neutralized the shooter, who is now deceased,” the statement continued.

“U.S. Secret Service quickly responded with protective measures and Former President Trump is safe. One spectator was killed, and two spectators were critically injured. This incident is currently under investigation. and the Secret Service has notified the FBI,” Anthony Guglielmi, chief of communications for the Secret Service, said in a statement.

Attacker killed person in audience, Secret Service says

BREAKING

Christal Hayes
US reporter

The Secret Service has just issued a statement, saying the attacker fired multiple rounds towards the stage "from an elevated position outside of the rally venue".
They killed one person in the audience and two others are critically injured, the statement says. Agents killed the attacker at the scene.

The statement in full:

"During former President Trump’s campaign rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on the evening of 13 July at approximately 6:15pm, a suspected shooter fired multiple shots toward the stage from an elevated position outside of the rally venue.
"US Secret Service personnel neutralised the shooter, who is now deceased. US Secret Service quickly responded with protective measures and former President Trump is safe. One spectator was killed, and two spectators were critically injured. This incident is currently under investigation. and the Secret Service has notified the FBI."

BY ZEKE MILLER

Biden says he is waiting for additional information before formally calling the attack an attempted assassination on the former president.

“I have an opinion, but I don’t have any facts,” he told reporters, pledging to provide updates as he learns more.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anaaaa555
Back