US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Trump rally: Witness says he saw gunman on roof This guy says the police ignored him and others as they pointed out the shooter for several minutes. They let Trump get shot before they killed the shooter.
Get ready for congressional hearings on this. A lot of good that will do the poor guy who died and the other person critically injured. I can't believe this was allowed to happen.

Is there a map that has been published or a link to Google maps that shows the rally location as well as the location where the shooter was? I am trying to get a feel for the layout. TIA.

Quoting my own post in case someone else is interested in the location/layout. USA Today has some of the info.

1720924032033.png

1720924008895.png

Two crowd members in critical condition - hospital

BREAKING

There are two patients at Allegheny General Hospital who were injured at the Trump rally in Butler County, Pennsylvania today, the hospital has said in a statement.

Both patients are in a critical condition.

1m ago

Biden spoke with Trump

Joe Biden has spoken with Donald Trump, Reuters reports.

The president said earlier in a brief speech that he was trying to reach his predecessor and challenger in the November general election, after he was injured following a shooting at a rally in Pennsylvania earlier today.

I dunno, from that diagram - sure looks like a spot that should have been included in security preparations. The risk of someone accessing that area seems obvious.
I was thinking it was much further out, and even then it would be an incredible risk. This is so close it’s embarrassing they didn’t see him.

There will be a full investigation though.

Yes, they usually arrive a day or two before the event to survey everything and set up a plan. ICBW, but they don’t allow anyone to be in adjacent buildings during outdoor rallies.
I am wondering if the SS had to make sure that the shooter, before he shot, was not some other LE component, which is why they did not shoot him faster... IMO

I think @Moonstrawbs intended to write that they were absolutely “hysterical,” but autocorrect changed it.

The impact of this attempted assassination is really hitting me now, after the initial shock. It’s terrifying to witness an attempted murder, no matter who was the intended victim. I was driving home shortly after 6 PM EST and the car radio was saying there was an “incident” at a Trump rally and he was “whisked away.”

I’ve been watching the news since I got home and saw the actual story and am really having flashbacks of other assassinations and attempted assassinations in our history.

Just so dreadful and my heart hurts for these poor people who were just attendees and are dead/wounded.

yep I'm Canadian, don't like Trump and yet ... I cried
this should never happen & I'm glad he's ok

Wow this is absolutely insane. I'm so glad Trump is okay, but it's so sad that an innocent person attending the rally got killed because somebody disagrees with/doesn't like Trump and his opinions. It's terrifying to think that this sort of thing could happen and I'm just curious how it even did happen with surely so much security around at an event like that? Hopefully in the future it'll be considered more and further steps will be taken to ensure everyone's safety, if that bullet had gone somewhere else it could have killed him... so scary.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back