US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
s
Secret Service didn't show for the press conference.

Imo, the FBI & PA LE speaking there made it clear that Secret Service takes/took the lead on all security preparations. And that the building where the shooter was on the roof was not considered a part of the security perimeter.

Omg. Seriously. Disband the Secret Service at this point.

Even I, as a civilian, would have done a better job with creating a security perimeter for this rally.

Imo.
Yep. Pretty easy. If a gun could hit Trump from a certain distance, it should have been within the perimeter, IMHO.

No, but from the various maps & reports, I have put a red dot on the location map from the USA Today article to indicate where (I think) the shooter was on the roof of the building (labeled "Manufacturing company" on USA Today's graphic). MOO.

(Note: I have added the red dot to this map. The rest of the image is from the linked USA Today article.)
View attachment 517653

There is a photo here that is closer up of the shooter’s position.

But it wasnt within. Unless I have misunderstood

Correct. LE confirmed in the presser that the building where the shooter was was not within the security perimeter. It was outside of the perimeter. Secret Service determines the perimeter.

What I think both @stg and I are saying is that, looking at a map, the building *absolutely* should have been deemed within the perimeter and locked down accordingly prior to the event. It's appalling that it wasn't. MOO.

Last edited:
Back in the saddle here for a minute because I so appreciate something that Van Jones just said on CNN.

He used to work for the Obama administration, but he was saying with apparent sincerity how ecstatic he is that Trump is alive. He said Trump was a quarter inch away from being killed, and he reminded us all that we can and must make our opinions known through BALLOTS, NOT BULLETS.

I so wholeheartedly agree.

How utterly tragic that a young man chose a route that engendered chaos, killed and injured regular people exercising their Constitutional right of assembly, and cost this young man his own life.

Prayers for his own family as well.

Last edited:
“They were behind the curve, because they should have had those places covered ahead of time,” Nottingham said.

“Whenever I’ve been with them, every single high ground is taken by them or the local SWAT police,” Cavanaugh said. “There’s nobody allowed walking on rooftops. They command the high ground.”

He said a high-powered rifle like an AR-15 can hit targets 200 yards away. Trump was about 148 yards from the rooftop where the shooter was found dead, NBC News found, based on an analysis of Google Earth images.

“That doesn’t mean that someone can’t sneakily make their way to one of those positions afterward, especially if it was someone who had done some preplanning,” said Snider, an adjunct lecturer at John Jay College of Criminal Justice. “There are a lot of places in that area to hide, and you can’t monitor every possible position.”

“Someone who is that driven to do something like this will find a way to try and get the job done,” she added.

“I believe that the resources were not there that they would have adequately needed to do their jobs,” said Caltabiano. “When you’re a former president, you don’t get as many resources as a current president.”

“Do I think the Secret Service will change,” Caltabiano asked. “Absolutely, immediately. I think that there is going to be added resources to [former] President Trump and I think the question is why weren’t they there before.”

Last edited:
BREAKING: Thomas Matthew Crooks ID'd as the alleged suspect who shot at Donald Trump at his PA rally.

Crooks was 20-years-old from Bethel Park, Pennsylvania which was about 40 miles south of the Butler rally.

An AR-15 was reportedly recovered at the scene.

Crooks was apparently shot in the head after he tried taking out the former president.

I do not understand how SS didn’t have nearby buildings covered. I’ve been at major rallies in Pittsburgh and have seen government agents on roofs. The major routes typically have bridges and roadways protected and closed down for presidential motorcades. How did this happen?
John Miller on CNN was explaining that a presidential candidate gets Secret Service protection, but not on the level that an incumbent president receives.

Here in NYC I’ve twice been caught in frozen zones when a presidential motorcade is going by. The frozen zone goes on for blocks and blocks and blocks in every direction and none of us can go anywhere. Once it was just Obama and Michelle going to see a Broadway play. I was stuck on a crosstown bus and missed a doctor’s appointment.

I have been at events at which a candidate was speaking and none of that took place. Even in the 70s when I was in college, Jimmy Carter as a candidate came to speak and we went to see him without any restrictions.

So, IMO and according to John Miller’s extensive police background, the difference seems to be president vs. presidential candidate.

He did say that Trump’s position is unique, of course, as he is also a former president, but that he would currently be given the status of a candidate.

Last edited:
Officials said they are also doing DNA testing, because the suspected shooter did not have ID.

"It's a matter of doing biometric confirmations," FBI Special Agent in Charge Kevin Rojek said. "So, there was no identification on the individual, for example, so we're looking at photographs right now and we're trying to run his DNA and get biometric confirmation."

I’ve only seen video of people nearby yelling about a gun, and him being on the roof. I haven’t seen anything regarding communication between other people and the shooter though.

ETA: This is one I just came across and it might be the one you’re referring to. You can see the gunman as he opens fire here.

View attachment 517668

Yes, thank you!

Bystanders are seen in the aftermath of the shooting. The man in the blood-splattered white t-shirt is an ER physician who told CBS News that he tried to help a bystander killed in the shooting. The dead bystander was on the ground just behind the man in blood-stained white

Bystanders are seen in the aftermath of the shooting. The man in the blood-splattered white t-shirt is an ER physician who told CBS News that he tried to help a bystander killed in the shooting. The dead bystander was on the ground just behind the man in blood-stained white
An extraordinary photo shows Donald Trump on the ground at Butler Show Grounds in Pennsylvania Saturday after he was injured in a shooting that left two people dead

An extraordinary photo shows Donald Trump on the ground at Butler Show Grounds in Pennsylvania Saturday after he was injured in a shooting that left two people dead

I'm not following you. What's not a real news org?

I grabbed that SS from the link you posted of his graduation saying the guy doesn't look like the person they just announced. But for whatever reason, the names aren't lining up with the people walking out as I mentioned a few times above. When who I suspect the shooter was walked out, they had mentioned a gal's name. They say "Thomas Crooks" at 1:08:04, then the large guy walks out who I said doesn't look like the shooter.
What I was saying was that the photos shared by those fake news outlets, may not be the shooter in the first place. I shared the video so we could see exactly what the shooter looked like, but I think you’re right about the timestamp.

That person does appear to match the images though.

Interesting. Whoever shot Trump definitely had more than casual training on shooting. That was a pretty amazing shot from 148 yards. If the news is correct on the location of the shooter. This wasn't some random training at the local range.

Interesting. Whoever shot Trump definitely had more than casual training on shooting. That was a pretty amazing shot from 148 yards. If the news is correct on the location of the shooter. This wasn't some random training at the local range.

It’s really though to tell. That rifle would have likely had an optic (scope), which would have made it relatively easy for someone who had shot with it before.

The issues would have come down to adrenaline, and the fact that he fired too fast to be accurate.

I tend to think this guy didn’t have a great deal of experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member