US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Could you post a link for MSM that Crooks is a registered republican?
I have seen a couple of social media comments from individuals but can’t find anything being reported on a news site.
Watching CNN international right now, and this was mentioned. They said he’s a registered Republican who had also made a small donation to Biden, according to public records.

I looked up the latter earlier and it was something like 15 bucks.

Watching CNN international right now, and this was mentioned. They said he’s a registered Republican who had also made a small donation to Biden, according to public records.

If he is a Republican
why did he donate to Democrats? :rolleyes:

Sorry,
I live far away from the US
and might not understand finer details of American politics hehe

I looked him up on the Allegany County site, he is registered there. It will be formally linked or stated tomorrow I’m sure.

If he is a Republican

Sorry,
So one of three things could be going on.

1. He didn't want trump to win his primary (an intermediate election where a candidate is chosen from one particular party). To vote in that in Pennsylvania, he'd have to register as a Republican. So in that case it would be a strategic move, and not reflective of his political leanings for Trump.

2. He changed his views.

3. He really isn't political at all, and is all over the place.

I think this guy just wanted to be famous, but it's really early at this point to know what exactly his deal is. I think we'll learn that he had no friends, was a bit of an oddball (maybe some mental problems), and saw this as his chance to finally be somebody. Even in death.

Anyone have any idea what the image means, or where it's from, on the back of the shooter's t-shirt? And what is over the eagle's head?

View attachment 517670
The shirt is alleged to be merchandise from a YT Gun Channel "Demolition Ranch."

Photos of the body of a possible shooter on a roof near the Trump rally appear to show the person wearing merchandise promoting one of YouTube's most popular channels devoted to firearms.

The photos, verified by NBC News, show a person lying on a roof bleeding from the head, surrounded by law enforcement officers. The bleeding person is wearing a gray T-shirt with an American flag on the sleeve with block lettering that is partly obscured.

The appearance and lettering of the shirt match the appearance of a shirt that is still for sale on the website for the firearms YouTube channel Demolition Ranch.

I saw that too — taking that kind of stuff with a grain of salt for now, because I’ve seen the screenshot floating around but can’t find a web page it could have come from.

I think stuff is flying around so fast right now, not sure how thoroughly it can all be verified.

Regardless, it wouldn’t surprise me if he were confused/conflicted politically, full of all kinds of contradictions and baffling ideologies.

Could you post a link for MSM that Crooks is a registered republican?
I have seen a couple of social media comments from individuals but can’t find anything being reported on a news site.

“Pennsylvania voter records listed a Thomas Matthew Crooks with the same address and birth date as a registered Republican, though it was not clear from the records when that was put in place.”

I saw that too — taking that kind of stuff with a grain of salt for now, because I’ve seen the screenshot floating around but can’t find a web page it could have come from.

I think stuff is flying around so fast right now, not sure how thoroughly it can all be verified.

Regardless, it wouldn’t surprise me if he were confused/conflicted politically, full of all kinds of contradictions and baffling ideologies.
This is stuff you can look up, and not something that they'd throw on a teleprompter because of something someone posted. They would have verified it themselves.

As for the stuff flying around, it's nuts. One particular guy thought it would be fun to make light of it, and pretended he was Thomas Crooks (his photo is everywhere and its not even the shooter).

Totally agree with the confused/conflicted politically thing. We see that with a lot of mass shooters.

So one of three things could be going on.

1. He didn't want trump to win his primary (an intermediate election where a candidate is chosen from one particular party). To vote in that in Pennsylvania, he'd have to register as a Republican. So in that case it would be a strategic move, and not reflective of his political leanings.

2. He changed his views.

3. He really isn't political at all, and is all over the place.

I think this guy just wanted to be famous, but it's really early at this point to know what exactly his deal is. I think we'll learn that he had no friends, was a bit of an oddball (maybe some mental problems), and saw this as his chance to finally be somebody. Even in death.
I’ll never understand your last paragraph. We see this so frequently, different faces, but the same similarities. Too tired to name them all.

If he is a Republican

Sorry,

Well,
to answer my own question...

It might have been that despite being a Republican
he was opposed to this particular candidate.

As his terrible action proved.

But then,
who can understand a sick mind? :(

We have been watching & reading news & discussing this ever since it happened. MOO follows...

1. The Secret Service should have made an appearance at the presser tonight. Instead the FBI & Pennsylvania LE were the ones there addressing the events & attempting to answer what questions they could. SS messed up big time but it feels like they really, really needed to be at that presser or hold a separate one tonight. Instead, it has been crickets from them.

2. This feels like a massive security failure. Not a small hole where someone found the only vulnerability that existed. It seems like the SS planned poorly, didn't respond to a possible threat (random people trying to point out that there was a guy on the roof with a gun), responded slowly to take the shooter out (he managed to shoot 4 people -- Trump, the man who died, & two others who are in critical condition), & also had serious gaps when trying to "cover" Trump as they made their way from the podium to the vehicle. He was exposed numerous times, there is recording/transcript of them talking when huddled down with him & it seemed like they didn't easily coordinate for a "1, 2, 3, move" type of count.

3. Considering their one job, really, is to protect the person they are in charge of, based on all the things from my previous point, this feels like a massive failure across the board. Imo. Utterly unprofessional, unprepared, and underwhelming to put it mildly.

4. Imo, of all groups, the Secret Service is an elite team. The best. Very, very few make the cut to protect a former President. There is almost an American mythos around this elite team. (Just look at movies & tv too, further burnishing the image of cool professionalism & action.) And today, they have completely blown that mythos away & replaced it with an amateur, unprofessional image that resulted in one person dead, two critically wounded, & a public leader almost assassinated.

I'm sure they also lead security when leaders of other countries come to the US for official visits with the President; if I were a leader from another country, I'd be cancelling any future official trips to the US. I would have zero confidence in the security apparatus surrounding the office of the President & former Presidents.

It just feels like such a massive failure on the part of the Secret Service, from planning, through execution, through evacuation that I don't know how they as an organization will recover. It truly boggles my mind.

MOO.

We have been watching & reading news & discussing this ever since it happened. MOO follows...

1. The Secret Service should have made an appearance at the presser tonight. Instead the FBI & Pennsylvania LE were the ones there addressing the events & attempting to answer what questions they could. SS messed up big time but it feels like they really, really needed to be at that presser or hold a separate one tonight. Instead, it has been crickets from them.

2. This feels like a massive security failure. Not a small hole where someone found the only vulnerability that existed. It seems like the SS planned poorly, didn't respond to a possible threat (random people trying to point out that there was a guy on the roof with a gun), responded slowly to take the shooter out (he managed to shoot 4 people -- Trump, the man who died, & two others who are in critical condition), & also had serious gaps when trying to "cover" Trump as they made their way from the podium to the vehicle. He was exposed numerous times, there is recording/transcript of them talking when huddled down with him & it seemed like they didn't easily coordinate for a "1, 2, 3, move" type of count.

3. Considering their one job, really, is to protect the person they are in charge of, based on all the things from my previous point, this feels like a massive failure across the board. Imo. Utterly unprofessional, unprepared, and underwhelming to put it mildly.

4. Imo, of all groups, the Secret Service is an elite team. The best. Very, very few make the cut to protect a former President. There is almost an American mythos around this elite team. (Just look at movies & tv too, further burnishing the image of cool professionalism & action.) And today, they have completely blown that mythos away & replaced it with an amateur, unprofessional image that resulted in one person dead, two critically wounded, & a public leader almost assassinated.

I'm sure they also lead security when leaders of other countries come to the US for official visits with the President; if I were a leader from another country, I'd be cancelling any future official trips to the US. I would have zero confidence in the security apparatus surrounding the office of the President & former Presidents.

It just feels like such a massive failure on the part of the Secret Service, from planning, through execution, through evacuation that I don't know how they as an organization will recover. It truly boggles my mind.

MOO.
Former FBI Special agent on CNN right now saying the same thing. They send in an advance team that scouts out the location and identifies potential threat areas. That building was a huge threat, as it was the closest building that provided a direct line of sight to the stage. He was surprised there wasn't someone actually on that building.

He does praise the agents surrounding Trump though, who covered him and got him to safety.

After we get information about the gunman, that failure will be the next big storyline.

“Pennsylvania voter records listed a Thomas Matthew Crooks with the same address and birth date as a registered Republican, though it was not clear from the records when that was put in place.”
I stand corrected! Things are flying around too fast for me to keep up with, apparently.

It’s interesting that we’re not finding much of a social media presence for a 20-year-old, but undoubtedly things will surface.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back