US - Shots fired at Donald Trump rally in Pennsylvania as former president is seen with blood across his face, 13 July 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been out of town and catching up. Incredible to me that a 20 year old with a rifle, that's reported a lousy shot, can get close enough to a President or former President to shoot him/her and also innocent Americans were injured and one lost their life.

I thought Melania's letter was personal and appropriate. We all need to remember that these are real people with real families. The media and haters are driving the division in this country. We have to do better. We should all be able to support our chosen candidate and that candidate should be able to speak to his or her supporters without fear. Personally I can say that I have kept my mouth shut many times because of the blowback from people that don't agree with me. We all still have freedom of speech! Sadly the victims were participating in that last night and so was President Trump. All JMO

Last edited:
This event reminds me of another assassination attempt, in 1912. As Teddy Roosevelt made a campaign speech, a man in the crowd shot him in the chest. He was saved from serious injury by the fact that the bullet had to travel through a thick copy of his speech, among other items. The ensuing wave of sympathy for the former president, running as a third party candidate, was not enough to get him elected. Woodrow Wilson won in a landslide. As with so much of the current political drama, we have seen it - and survived it - before.

The president and vice president have been briefed. Homeland security has spoke with the secret service and been briefed.

It's time the American people are briefed. We should not have to wait week months for a thorough indepth investigation before we know what happened. Americans will judge this attempted assassination based on what the media is reporting. Many live witnesses are speaking out, we have many facts, now we need answers and quickly.

The last thing I want to hear tonight, is kumbaya, hug your neighbor and let's all be one happy family. I think if that's the message the American public will be infuriated.

This is a very serious situation, an attempt was made on a previous president and public figure running for office.

It's a .... tell us what you know, and let's move on and try to heal, or they can let this fester.

Moo
Messages of kindness are infuriating? Huh. Never knew that.

jmo

4 min ago

NOW: Biden gives an Oval Office address

From CNN's Aditi Sangal

President Joe Biden is addressing the nation from the Oval Office following the attack on former President Donald Trump.

An Oval Office address is rare. It’s only the third time he has chosen to do this. The last time he spoke from the Oval Office was on October 19, 2023, following Hamas’ attack on Israel.

Typically, remarks from the Oval Office are reserved for the most solemn and heavy moments in the country, according to CNN’s MJ Lee.

The address tonight will be a “forceful” update on the attack and Biden will emphasize the “need for every American to come together to not just condemn, but put an end to political violence in this country once and for all,” a campaign official previewing the remarks told CNN.

Have read numerous articles on it. Not one has stated the type or quantity of explosives.

The reason for that train of thought, he was going to take his life and others - no matter how it was accomplished.Just curious about his intent in bringing them, but leaving them behind in the vehicle. Unless they were set to detonate if someone opened the door, but no indication of that in the media.

The president and vice president have been briefed. Homeland security has spoke with the secret service and been briefed.

It's time the American people are briefed. We should not have to wait week months for a thorough indepth investigation before we know what happened. Americans will judge this attempted assassination based on what the media is reporting. Many live witnesses are speaking out, we have many facts, now we need answers and quickly.

The last thing I want to hear tonight, is kumbaya, hug your neighbor and let's all be one happy family. I think if that's the message the American public will be infuriated.

This is a very serious situation, an attempt was made on a previous president and public figure running for office.

It's a .... tell us what you know, and let's move on and try to heal, or they can let this fester.

Moo
Yep!

What is currently being spoken about is NOT what happened yesterday, it is something else and it's infuriating actually.

5m ago

Biden: ‘We don’t have any information about the motive of the shooter.’

“Let the FBI do their job, and the partner agencies do their job,” Biden says.

6m ago

Biden: ‘sincerely grateful’ Trump is doing well after assassination attempt

“I’m sincerely grateful that he’s doing well and recovering,” Joe Biden said, of his short phone call with Donald Trump.

He also expressed sadness over the killing of a 50-year-old father who died at the rally while protecting his family from bullets.

“An assassination attempt is contrary to everything we stand for,” he said.

Yes, I'm sure that helped. The obvious unanswered question though is why he didn't engage, and attempt to stop the shooter in the first place.

And of course the question as to why SS snipers didn't have constant eyes on that building.
From what I understand, he couldn’t engage because his hands were occupied holding himself up on the ledge. The shooter turned and aimed at him and he dropped down. Then the shooter opened fire. The officer probably wasn’t able to engage at that point because reaching for his weapon wasn’t an option.

From what I understand, he couldn’t engage because his hands were occupied holding himself up on the ledge. The shooter turned and aimed at him and he dropped down. Then the shooter opened fire. The officer probably wasn’t able to engage at that point because reaching for his weapon wasn’t an option.
You can hold onto a ladder with one hand, and use your free hand to do anything you want. That’s how construction workers do their jobs.

We’ll learn more soon I’m sure via a police report or something.

‘No place in America for violence’

President Biden has reiterated that “violence is never the answer” in US politics, listing a string of incidents including the attempted assassination of former President Tump, the Janury 6 assault on the capital and the attack on former house speaker Nancy Pelosi.

“There is no place in America for this kind of violence - for any violence ever,” he said.

“The political rhetoric in this country has gotten heated, it’s time to cool it down.”

Biden calls man who died in shooting a "hero"

In his speech, Joe Biden once again offers his condolences to the family of Corey Comperatore, the man who was killed at Saturday's shooting.

“Corey was a husband, a father, a volunteer firefighter and a hero, sheltering his family from those bullets,” he says, adding that the public should hold him and his family in their prayers.

We need to lower the temperature in politics', Biden says

Biden starts his address by telling his "fellow Americans" of the "need for us to lower the temperature in our politics".

"Yesterday's shooting at Donald Trump's rally in Pennsylvania calls on all of us to take a step back," he said.

The reason for that train of thought, he was going to take his life and others - no matter how it was accomplished.Just curious about his intent in bringing them, but leaving them behind in the vehicle. Unless they were set to detonate if someone opened the door, but no indication of that in the media.
I did have a thought that maybe he wanted to use the explosives to hit Trump as his convoy entered or exited. Maybe a back up plan in case he didn't get up on the roof in a position to take a shot?

If you see the distance from where he was on the roof, to his ladder, to his parked vehicle (not very far), my guess would be he intended to flee and force a standoff with LE, perhaps goading them to approach his car. MOO

Political contests must be 'peaceful’

Biden has repeatedly stressed that - despite disagreements on where the country is headed and who should lead it - politics needs to be "an arena for peaceful debate".
"[It] must never be a battlefield and, God forbid, a killing field."

"No matter how strong our convictions, we must never descend into violence."

Biden stresses national unity, saying differences are not resolved 'with bullets'

Biden stresses his message of unity after Saturday's shooting.

He calls for action at the ballot box, saying that is "how democracy should work."

"In America, we resolve our differences at the ballot box, not with bullets," he says.
Biden adds that "the power to change America should always rest in the hands of the people, not the hands of would-be assassins".

"Hate must have no safe harbour," he goes on. "Here in America, we need to get out of our siloes."

Messages of kindness are infuriating? Huh. Never knew that.

jmo
I certainly didn't mean to imply that, and understand how my statement does appear to convey that.

I guess what I'm trying to say... Is, as we see with so many families here, exposed to horrific trauma, the ability to heal is in the answers to the questions .... why did this happen, how did this happen, who's responsible, who's accountable, what are we going to do to prevent it in the future.

I don't think we can heal until we know what and why. It's just human nature. We see families suffer through trials, seeking answers.
Moo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13