Identified! UT - Beaver Co., WhtFem UP12045, 18-40, on train, Jan'14 - Amber Brown

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The Beaver County Sheriff's office has posted on their Facebook page that she has been identified.

1zzti4k.png

Jane doe is identified, but no release of name yet.

Well, some family is getting bad news, and maybe even relief. I'm not sure how it is when your child is missing. I would imagine I would want to know one way or the other, and not wake up every day wondering what had happened. Then you would want to have hope as well. So sad.

Wow. Glad they've identified her. I hope they release her name, but sometimes families choose not to.

We went through this with a missing relative years ago. IMHO, as a family member, I think it is better to know one way or the other, than to lie awake wondering each night where the MP is and what could have happened.
May Jane Train Doe find peace.

I think we should probably do an update of who we already submitted and who we don't think is Jane (based on existing tats, etc.).

I know Amanda King and Samantha Gonzales have been submitted. Anyone else?

I submitted two of three suggested matches yesterday -- forgive me for being vague, it's bath time for my toddler. Once I'm in front of a computer I'll give y'all a list on my end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omg omg wait she was identified?!? YESSSSSS!!!!!!

I'm gonna cry I'm so happy!!!

Do any of the suggested MP pages on NAMUS turn up as "not found"?

I was so happy and giddy hoping you solved it!! Then I remembered "oh yeah, she's dead" and got sad.

I was so happy and giddy hoping you solved it!! Then I remembered "oh yeah, she's dead" and got sad.

WE solved it ;) well, hopefully.. I'm just glad she's home.

They all look to still be there, but Jane's page hasn't been pulled yet, either.

It won't surprise me if it's somebody who hasn't been reported missing, or hasn't been made public anyway.

p.s. the Facebook page for Samantha says they took the mom's DNA on Feb. 11. Could they have it back already?

I am going to burst will they announce a name tonight ? Probably not since they have to notify family first.

I am going to burst will they announce a name tonight ? Probably not since they have to notify family first.

I feel the same too. But yeah you are right probably notifying family. :(

I've said from the first time I got involved that I thought it was SG so I will literally be shocked if it's someone else.

Sad no matter who it is though. :(

I am so happy she has been identified but there are so many unanswered questions for us, like what REALLY happened to her...and most of all...Who is/was she? I am gonna go crazy til I find out, lol. It is beyond tragic what has happened to her but the best thing in this situation has happened, and that is that she will have her name back because there are so many unidentified who may never get their name's back.

I am new at this so please forgive me for asking what may be obvious to anyone else. My question applies to any case, not just this one.
When a possible match is submitted, to the proper agency, how long does it take the appropriate agencies to do a comparison? a day or two? A week or longer?
Do the agencies compare fingerprints first (if available) and if fingerprints match DNA is not run? Or is a DNA comparison done to make absolutely sure it is a match? TIA !!

Not sure how long it normally takes. King was brought up very early in this thread. I called it in 2/12, one day after her mom's DNA was taken. So, either they knew about websleuths, or kings face struck curiosity in them or... Idk.

I am in no way saying it is for sure King, btw. Just giving a real example.

Not sure how long it normally takes. King was brought up very early in this thread. I called it in 2/12, one day after her mom's DNA was taken. So, either they knew about websleuths, or kings face struck curiosity in them or... Idk.

I am in no way saying it is for sure King, btw. Just giving a real example.

Did this Jane turn out to be Amanda King? Or do we not know yet?

On the Searching for Sam Facebook page, it says that her moms DNA was taken on Feb 11...not sure how long DNA comparisons take.

Edited to add: I don't know for sure who it is...just stating whats on the Facebook page for Samantha

I spoke to the detective in charge of this case. She's been identified as a homeless person that was here in Las Vegas (where I live). He couldn't share her name since the family hasn't been notified.

I don't know if someone beat me to this yet, but I just now got off the phone with him before running to do errands, so haven't had time to catch up on the last few posts. (apologies if I missed it)

Edited to add: Oops, looks like yall beat me to it.

They must have posted that not long after I spoke to the det.

I will share that he told me she was someone that he didn't believe was ever reported missing...

Whether "we" identified her or not, it still was important to constantly show our concern that she be identified. She was not just a homeless, drug addict- a nobody, unworthy of the effort required to identify her. We cared, whether we found her correct name or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yoshi Baehr
Back