Identified! UT - Beaver Co., WhtFem UP12045, 18-40, on train, Jan'14 - Amber Brown

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will share that he told me she was someone that he didn't believe was ever reported missing...

Snipped by me....

Pardon my ignorance, so does that mean she had some type of criminal record and was identified that way?

Snipped by me....

Pardon my ignorance, so does that mean she had some type of criminal record and was identified that way?

I would assume this was the case since family hasn't been notified. Although it's possible someone who knew her had seen something about her online. Either way, I do hope we get to know her name and maybe even a few cool things about her.

It's so sad that all these other women we looked at are still missing...

Whether "we" identified her or not, it still was important to constantly show our concern that she be identified. She was not just a homeless, drug addict- a nobody, unworthy of the effort required to identify her. We cared, whether we found her correct name or not.

We now know she was homeless, but we don't know she was a drug addict.

I work for and travel with a Carnival and have done so on and off for the last 11 years, and my husband has been for 10 years (5 years together, im 26 he is 27) and I don't drink, smoke weed, and HATE even being around smoke/cigarettes, but as you can imagine, people assume ALL SORTS of things, just because we are...Carnies.

I guess I just ASSumed someone with a criminal record would be identified pretty much right away. But I guess they are probably bogged down with these cases...sadly. :(

once family is notified, family will notify friends, so it may be a few days before we know, if ever. I also live in Las Vegas-the homeless here have been roughly estimated at 8,000 people, and most think that number is too low. LV has an annual "count the homeless" event. There are also a large number of homeless that live in the underground tunnels/drainage system that runs under a large portion of the city. Recently the local paper reported on a growing encampment of homeless military veterans located in a certain area. Very sad.

once family is notified, family will notify friends, so it may be a few days before we know, if ever. I also live in Las Vegas-the homeless here have been roughly estimated at 8,000 people, and most think that number is too low. LV has an annual "count the homeless" event. There are also a large number of homeless that live in the underground tunnels/drainage system that runs under a large portion of the city. Recently the local paper reported on a growing encampment of homeless military veterans located in a certain area. Very sad.

Oh I'm sure there are far more than 8,000 homeless here. It makes me so terribly sad.

The tunnels are so scary:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/11/03/article-1326187-0BE352F8000005DC-935_634x419.jpg

Yep -- someone called it. She was probably one of the tunnel people!!

Wait so I wonder how she got the tattoo if she was homeless... Like was she recently homeless, long time homeless? Would love to know her motivation for jumping on a tanker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep -- someone called it. She was probably one of the tunnel people!!

Wait so I wonder how she got the tattoo if she was homeless... Like was she recently homeless, long time homeless? Would love to know her motivation for jumping on a tanker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's true about the tattoo. But.....I'm no tattoo expert but it looked very poorly done. A homemade job maybe even.

Wow! Walk away for a couple hours and look what happens! I think a lot of us suspected she was homeless. She was still a person, with a life. I'm glad she will have her name back. It's also heartening to see all of the comments in this thread. We cared about her.

the tat looked like it was done by an amateur with a professional gun, single needle or similar.. (I have a few of those shoddy pieces myself for comparison) It could be a decade old if the color was laid in deeply enough, or it could be as recent as a year or two old.

tattoos aren't hard to come by here, and even though she was homeless, she still could have had friends with places to crash, etc etc, who did tats. Anything is probable.

I'm so glad she was identified and will return home. I hope we get to learn a little more about who she was in life.

Glad you are home, Jane. Good job everyone who helped to try and identify her and get her name back. No matter what walk of life a person comes from, they are still someone's family or friend. It is good to know there is a community that doesn't stop caring

Glad you are home, Jane. Good job everyone who helped to try and identify her and get her name back. No matter what walk of life a person comes from, they are still someone's family or friend. It is good to know there is a community that doesn't stop caring

Wow! I wonder if the name will be released. Glad to hear she was identified though.

Fantastic! Now we put our collective energy into identifying another nameless victim. I spoke with a crown attorney on the weekend and mentioned this websleuths group. He said that the work that is done here is enormously helpful. There just are the resources available anywhere that can match the work done by websleuths.

If anyone can find any links to local news stories about this, please post them!

I sent Sgt. W a congratulatory email and he said they always appreciate citizen involvement :)

I'm not sure if WS played a primary part in helping solve her identity but I do know that I, personally, am so grateful that we all can come together and bounce ideas off of one another. If train jane thought no one cared, well, she was wrong. We all cared about her, even though we didn't know her. It's a shame we can't all fly out to Utah, meet and pay our respects. I'm so glad we have the resources available to us (contact with LEO, the NAMUS database, etc) and I'm so glad to know all of you!!!

/speech LOL

I sent Sgt. W a congratulatory email and he said they always appreciate citizen involvement :)

I'm not sure if WS played a primary part in helping solve her identity but I do know that I, personally, am so grateful that we all can come together and bounce ideas off of one another. If train jane thought no one cared, well, she was wrong. We all cared about her, even though we didn't know her. It's a shame we can't all fly out to Utah, meet and pay our respects. I'm so glad we have the resources available to us (contact with LEO, the NAMUS database, etc) and I'm so glad to know all of you!!!

/speech LOL

Agreed! When I first posted her, I thought it would be an easy solve. I was worried when it seemed she might be homeless and/or an addict, that people would lose interest. So glad everyone stuck around.

And Astridxx made some new friends in the hobo community. ; )

ETA: And you got them interested in being "bored-a$$-wannabe-detectives"--and we always need more! Seriously.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Required
Back