GUILTY UT - Breezy Otteson, 17, & Riley Powell, 18, found deceased, Tooele, 30 Dec 2017 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The whole thing about Riley (and Breezy, it's to be assumed) going into the murderer's/girlfriend's house to smoke some marijuana for about 40 minutes, and the earlier rumors about a drug deal gone wrong, come together here for me. I mean it sounds like they went over there to buy a bag of pot, frankly. I wonder if this Baum psycho went nuts not just because the live-in GF let a guy in the house but because she was selling without him there. Basically, doing anything without him there to control her every move.

The whole thing about Riley (and Breezy, it's to be assumed) going into the murderer's/girlfriend's house to smoke some marijuana for about 40 minutes, and the earlier rumors about a drug deal gone wrong, come together here for me. I mean it sounds like they went over there to buy a bag of pot, frankly. I wonder if this Baum psycho went nuts not just because the live-in GF let a guy in the house but because she was selling without him there. Basically, doing anything without him there to control her every move.

As soon as I read the drug deal gone bad, I thought the same as you

Seriously, who in the hell is this guy and how did these poor kids get mixed up with him? Friend of mom or grandma?

I don't know who this monster is but think about what he is accused of doing...stabbing two teenagers to death then hiding their bodies in a mine shaft.

This just makes me sick to my stomach.

What do you want to bet Baum has been in and out of trouble for a long time.

Just read this in the SL Tribune. Apologies if this is already being discussed
" The 41-year-old Juab County man reportedly told his girlfriend it was “too bad” that he had to kill two teenagers who had spent time with her. According to the girlfriend, Baum didn’t want her to have any male friends"

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2018/03...of-missing-teens-were-pulled-from-mine-shaft/

Because his girlfriend spent time with these two kids he had to kill them? He also said he never had to kill "Innocents" before. Well, I wonder how many "Guilty's" he has killed/ What a disgusting monster.

Tricia

I wonder if Baum is the "witness" to the supposed truck towing. Might explain a charge or two...

I wonder if Baum is the "witness" to the supposed truck towing. Might explain a charge or two...

I believe it was yesterday, they said they were going to have a press conference tomorrow. They may explain stuff then. I haven't heard any more about when it will be.

I somehow I don’t think this is his first rodeo.

Presser on right now I missed some of it. Nothing new really. No positive id yet.

Just on kutv, sheriff said there could go more arrests, as soon as tonight

There will be a lot more to come. Eureka is a small town, even including Mammoth, so there will be interconnections. The girlfriend was a member of the Facebook page, which was set up January 4. Although it's clear she has had a very troubled past (her immediate living situation is just scratching the surface), she also read the daily pleas from family and friends and even liked a post about searching area mineshafts. I can't understand how she could do that.

I don't think she or Baum were the neighbors that reported Riley's bio mother's boyfriend as driving Riley's jeep. Bio mom and boyfriend live in Lofgren, which is a fair distance north.

My heart breaks for how these two died. I may need a break, too.

P.S. Girlfriend also has a son with a husband who died in 2016. I've heard no mention of the boy, who would be about 10 years old now. I really, really, really hope her former husband's family has him in their care and that he didn't spend any time with the new boyfriend.

:rose: :rose:

For Breezy and Riley

And kudos for Aunt "A" who did the most fabulous job to get this case attention.

SMH..she was so instrumental in getting attention to this case. I don't know that I have ever seen somebody do it better to get everybody on board! Kudos

I somehow I don’t think this is his first rodeo.

RSBM

Agreed.... was just about to post a similiar thought.

Also curious if that girlfriend is completely innocent involving her knowledge/participation in the kids' concealment after their murder ?
His face alone gives me the heebi-jeebies !
:moo:

NM Had to read back a bit. So she was with him for dumping their bodies..... wonder if she helped murder them as well ?

Count me as surprised. I really thought it was mom’s boyfriend. What a terrible, horrible turn of events. These poor kids...and such an evil man. I am not supporting the girlfriend in the least, but really just incredible in terms of abuse to hear the way Baum controlled her, I mean he basically told her it was because of her he HAD to kill these “innocents”. Sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSBM
<snip>

NM Had to read back a bit. So she was with him for dumping their bodies..... wonder if she helped murder them as well ?

RSBM. Per the Salt Lake Tribune article linked earlier, she told LE she was there when he killed them, supposedly at the mine shaft site.

I suspect it will end up being that the initial confrontation took place at the house.

This is so much worse than I ever expected it to be. Poor kids.

I have been looking for a copy of the arrest affidavit, does anyone know if it has been posted publicly anywhere?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vee97
Back