GUILTY UT - Destiny Norton, 5, Salt Lake City, 16 July 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Destiny's death: Sexual fantasy cited in kidnapping
The suspect allegedly told an FBI agent of his attraction to the child

By Stephen Hunt
The Salt Lake Tribune

The Salt Lake City man charged with killing 5-year-old Destiny Norton allegedly "felt sexually attracted" to the girl and "fantasized about abducting her and engaging in sexual activity with her in his basement," according to court documents filed Friday in 3rd District Court.
Craig Roger Gregerson's fantasy "included similar thoughts of other young girls," according to a request for a search warrant affidavit.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4139753

RKnowley said:
Destiny's death: Sexual fantasy cited in kidnapping
The suspect allegedly told an FBI agent of his attraction to the child

By Stephen Hunt
The Salt Lake Tribune

The Salt Lake City man charged with killing 5-year-old Destiny Norton allegedly "felt sexually attracted" to the girl and "fantasized about abducting her and engaging in sexual activity with her in his basement," according to court documents filed Friday in 3rd District Court.
Craig Roger Gregerson's fantasy "included similar thoughts of other young girls," according to a request for a search warrant affidavit.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4139753
Man, to be that young and that effed up already.

It's been mentioned that there was a pedophile in Craig's family. Whether or not this is true I have no idea. I am wondering if he was abused and in turn developed this desire. I sincerely hope Destiny was the only child he ever touched. If there are others I hope they come forward. I also hope his daughter was never subjected to anything.

Destiny's murder suspect speaks
Gregerson interview: He says *advertiser censored* ruined his life, and that police exaggerated details

By Michael N. Westley
The Salt Lake Tribune

The man accused of killing 5-year-old Destiny Norton and sexually abusing her dead body claims *advertiser censored* ruined his life.
In a recent interview from the Salt Lake County jail with local NBC affiliate KSL, Craig Gregerson didn't admit he killed the girl, but he didn't deny it.
The 20-year-old said he'd like to share details about the case, but on the advice of his attorney, much of the story will remain a mystery until his trial. He told the station he plans to plead not guilty.
Gregerson was charged with capital murder after investigators found Destiny's body in his basement eight days after she disappeared July 16 from her Salt Lake City home.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4145585

Preliminary hearing set for Gregerson; defense team didn't approve jailhouse interview

By Elizabeth Neff and Stephen Hunt
The Salt Lake Tribune

A judge has set a two-day preliminary hearing date in October for Craig Gregerson, charged in the murder of 5-year-old Destiny Norton.
As Gregerson entered a downtown Salt Lake City courtroom Monday morning, he wore a protective vest, handcuffs, and a tight-lipped smile.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4146655

This guy just gives me the creeps. I got goose bumps looking at his picture in that first link. The reporter said that he sat and smiled through most of the interview. What in the world was there to smile about? He might not realize it but I think "the lights are on but no one is home!"

Thank God he was caught because I'm sure that Destiny wouldn't have been the only child that he would have done this to. I also think about his own little baby girl. When would the impulse to sexually abuse her become to powerful to stop? The next time he was left alone with her and changed her diaper? The guy is one sick person. Thank God he is sitting in jail.

I hope he does get the death penalty. It doesn't really matter to me if he is afraid to die or not. That is what he deserves. I feel bad for his parents and siblings. They are probably having a hard time understanding any of this and are wondering what they did wrong in raising him. I hope they aren't in denial that he did this though. I feel worse for Destiny's parents and the suffering they are going through. They had no idea there was an animal like this living right behind them.

Destiny's accused murderer appears in court
Preliminary hearing: Also decided is the date, Oct. 3, for a formal plea

By Stephen Hunt
The Salt Lake Tribune

Craig Roger Gregerson - the man accused of kidnapping and killing 5-year-old Destiny Norton - made his first appearance in a Salt Lake City courtroom on Monday, wearing a protective vest and handcuffs and a tight-lipped smile.
Third District Judge Judith Atherton scheduled a two-day preliminary hearing to begin Oct. 3 for Gregerson, who was charged last month with capital murder and child kidnapping.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_4149637

I agree that Destiny wouldn't have been his last time if he was not caught. I also think there was probably others he had abused to some degree.

I do feel sorry for his parents and siblings. Sad to think that they will have to live with this the rest of their lives too. I read that one of the brothers' was thinking about changing his last name so that he didn't have to be associated with Craig Gregerson.

Bobbisangel said:
This guy just gives me the creeps. I got goose bumps looking at his picture in that first link. The reporter said that he sat and smiled through most of the interview. What in the world was there to smile about? He might not realize it but I think "the lights are on but no one is home!"

Thank God he was caught because I'm sure that Destiny wouldn't have been the only child that he would have done this to. I also think about his own little baby girl. When would the impulse to sexually abuse her become to powerful to stop? The next time he was left alone with her and changed her diaper? The guy is one sick person. Thank God he is sitting in jail.

I hope he does get the death penalty. It doesn't really matter to me if he is afraid to die or not. That is what he deserves. I feel bad for his parents and siblings. They are probably having a hard time understanding any of this and are wondering what they did wrong in raising him. I hope they aren't in denial that he did this though. I feel worse for Destiny's parents and the suffering they are going through. They had no idea there was an animal like this living right behind them.

I can understand one of the brother's thinking about changing his last name now. Craig has brought shame upon the family name. I would hate to be his parent. Every time someone hears the last name you are associated with the killer of this darling little 5 yr old.

My granddaughter's father murdered her mother...my youngest daughter...when my granddaughter was close to 5 yrs. She was in preschool when her teacher heard her say to a school mate "my name is not Alysha ________it is Alysha_______. She let everyone know that her father's last name was not her last name. She is almost 18 now and still carrys my last name...her mom had taken back her maiden name in her divorce a few months before she was murdered. Even little kids can associate the shame of a last name. We had said nothing about changing her last name. She came up with this decision all by herself.

Trial scheduled for Catherine Gregerson

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]By Linda Thomson[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Deseret Morning News[/font]
Catherine Elin Gregerson, the wife of the man charged with murdering 5-year-old Destiny Norton, will have a one-day trial on two misdemeanor charges stemming from an argument she had with her husband.
Gregerson, 33, appeared in court with her lawyer, Delano Finlay, who asked that the charges be dismissed. Instead, 3rd District Judge Judith Atherton set an Dec. 1 trial for the charges of domestic violence in the presence of a child and criminal mischief, both class A misdemeanors.
Outside the courtroom, Finlay said the charges arose from an argument the couple had on April 27 when they were separated. Catherine Gregerson had brought their 1-year-old baby with her to their home, Craig Gregerson grabbed the infant and ran inside, closing the screen door and telling Catherine she would never see the child again, Finlay said.
More at link: http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,645192082,00.html

Judge Bars Gregerson From Media Visits
August 8th, 2006 @ 6:50am

(KSL News) -- Craig Gregerson won't be talking to any news reporters again anytime soon. Third District Judge Robin Reese has issued a verbal order forbidding any "media visits" with Gregerson.

More at link: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=409936

Catherine Gregerson Suffers from Destiny Norton Murder

By Tori Richards

August 8, 2006

SALT LAKE CITY, Ut. (Crime Library) —

She was writing from Hell, Utah.

The estranged wife of accused killer Craig Gregerson actually lives in Salt Lake City, but changed the designation on her MySpace.com account to reflect the personal demons she has been battling over being married to a man many have described as a monster.

More at link: http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/0806/0101_gregerson_wife.html

ETA: They just showed a news clip on one of our local TV stations and Catherine Gregerson had bruising on her neck. I wonder if they were caused by a suicide attempt??

Gregerson case fuels concerns over *advertiser censored*

Viewing *advertiser censored* is linked to sex offenses

[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]By Elaine Jarvik[/font]
[font=Verdana,Helvetica,Arial]Deseret Morning News[/font]

Not everyone who looks at *advertiser censored* becomes a *advertiser censored* addict, and not all *advertiser censored* addicts commit sex crimes. But the experts who treat sex offenders have noticed one striking similarity: "Every sex offender I've ever dealt with, and I've treated hundreds," says Logan therapist Dr. Todd Freestone, "has viewed *advertiser censored*."

Whether sex crimes can be blamed on *advertiser censored*, though, is another matter — one that may surface in the months to come. An interview with accused child murderer Craig Gregerson last week hints that a "*advertiser censored* defense" may be part of Gregerson's strategy.
"I have now become a strong advocate against *advertiser censored*," Gregerson obliquely told KSL-TV in a non-videotaped interview, after saying his lawyer was preventing him from answering whether he killed his neighbor, 5-year-old Destiny Norton. The little girl went missing on the evening of July 16; her body was found in Gregerson's basement on July 24.

More at link:
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,645191959,00.html

I feel sorry for Catherine Gregerson. She obviously is a woman with little self-worth and many problems. I wonder if she has any friends at all? It's pitiful when a person has to write their feelings on a website and ask strangers on the net for feedback and ideas. I wonder about her family. Are they supportive of her and do they try to get her to go to a therapist? I remember reading on one of the sites that she said that Craig treated her better than any other guy ever had. She must have been involved with some real losers if he was the best of the lot. I hope that she can get some help and get her life on track. She needs a huge boost in self-worth and self-confidence. She has that little baby girl who needs a mother with her head on straight. I imagine she has been thrown for a loop with the murder of little Destiny. It would be horrible to know that you were married to someone that could do something so horrible and ugly. But what he did didn't have anything to do with her and she didn't have anything to do with what happened. I hope she knows that.

One of the articles I had read said that she is going to get counseling. I sure hope she does because if she doesn't I feel like she will end up committing suicide sooner or later. I feel sorry for her and wish her the best.

Bobbisangel said:
I feel sorry for Catherine Gregerson. She obviously is a woman with little self-worth and many problems. I wonder if she has any friends at all? It's pitiful when a person has to write their feelings on a website and ask strangers on the net for feedback and ideas. I wonder about her family. Are they supportive of her and do they try to get her to go to a therapist? I remember reading on one of the sites that she said that Craig treated her better than any other guy ever had. She must have been involved with some real losers if he was the best of the lot. I hope that she can get some help and get her life on track. She needs a huge boost in self-worth and self-confidence. She has that little baby girl who needs a mother with her head on straight. I imagine she has been thrown for a loop with the murder of little Destiny. It would be horrible to know that you were married to someone that could do something so horrible and ugly. But what he did didn't have anything to do with her and she didn't have anything to do with what happened. I hope she knows that.

Wife: Gregerson afraid to seek help
By Lisa Rosetta
The Salt Lake Tribune

Craig Gregerson was afraid to admit he had a problem: an apparent sexual fetish for young girls.
His estranged wife, Catherine "Cadie" Gregerson, said the 20-year-old was skilled at hiding that "one little thing about him."
Craig Gregerson - who is charged with kidnapping, suffocating and raping 5-year-old Destiny Norton - said she wasn't fooled by her husband. He was just afraid to talk about what he was feeling.
"I think he personally was afraid to come and get help because we had a child and I think that's why he was purposely pushing me away," she said. "He didn't want to get close to his daughter. He was afraid."

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4166543

Jailhouse writings are seized from Destiny murder suspect
Content not revealed: Craig Roger Gregerson meanwhile ordered to submit blood sample
By Stephen Hunt
The Salt Lake Tribune

Writings penned by Craig Roger Gregerson - the man charged with killing 5-year-old Destiny Norton - were seized Wednesday by Salt Lake County jail officers and turned over to police and prosecutors as potential evidence.
"Yes, we did turn something over to Salt Lake City that was in that prisoner's cell. Yes, it was writing," confirmed Chief Deputy Rollin Cook.
Cook, who oversees the jail, declined to disclose the contents of the writings, citing the ongoing prosecution.
He said the potential evidence was turned over to the District Attorney's Office and Salt Lake City police.
Deputy Salt Lake County District Attorney Robert Stott declined to comment on the writings.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4166544

RKnowley said:
Wife: Gregerson afraid to seek help
By Lisa Rosetta
The Salt Lake Tribune

Craig Gregerson was afraid to admit he had a problem: an apparent sexual fetish for young girls.
His estranged wife, Catherine "Cadie" Gregerson, said the 20-year-old was skilled at hiding that "one little thing about him."
Craig Gregerson - who is charged with kidnapping, suffocating and raping 5-year-old Destiny Norton - said she wasn't fooled by her husband. He was just afraid to talk about what he was feeling.
"I think he personally was afraid to come and get help because we had a child and I think that's why he was purposely pushing me away," she said. "He didn't want to get close to his daughter. He was afraid."

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4166543

I guess it is easier for Cadie to believe that her husband was pushing her away because of his problem and because of their little daughter. I guess I might want to believe that too if I were in her shoes....that he wanted to save his daughter from himself. I don't know if sociopaths have enough love for anyone to think like that. They are devoid of feelings and I would think that would mean feelings of love too so who knows why he wanted to get rid of Cadie. He had a girlfriend on line so who knows. I'm glad that she has decided to divorce him and of course she will get full custody of the baby. Hopfully he will be in prison for the rest of his life.

His family must not have any doubts of his guilt or they wouldn't want him to plead guilty and get everything over with. I hope he does that though to save Destiny's family the pain of a trial and to save his own family even more shame and pain.

I'm glad to hear that this monster will be in prison for the rest of his life. He pled guilty so that he wouldn't get the death penalty! It never ceases to amaze me the way these killers will do just about anything so they don't have to die yet they think nothing of taking someone elses life. They are all alike. Personally I think I would rather be dead then to sit in a tiny cell day in and day out for the rest of my life.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_13324921

This is a follow up story on how things have been for Destiny's family since she was found. Things have not been good and I hope somehow her mother can get back on track for the sake of her and her other children.

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18
Back