UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Idaho you can drop out of school at 16. He probably grew up farming and is well qualified to run a farm. It sounds like he probably had hired help. Although we haven't heard much about that. Owning your own farm at sixteen is not a bad gig. Kids in farming and ranching mature much more quickly than city kids. They pull their weight at a young age. Everyone has a job no matter their age. IMO, Dylan should be commended for what he was doing. All JMO.
I completely agree. He sounds like a remarkable young man. Are people making an assumption about him dropping out of school? I haven’t seen that reported in the news or by his family. When he moved to rural Utah he could have continued his education remotely. He could have been doing a homeschooling program or studied independently and got his GED.

His family probably had safeguards in place, like daily telephone check-ins, to make sure he was ok.

I completely agree. He sounds like a remarkable young man. Are people making an assumption about him dropping out of school? I haven’t seen that reported in the news or by his family. When he moved to rural Utah he could have continued his education remotely. He could have been doing a homeschooling program or studied independently and got his GED.

His family probably had safeguards in place, like daily telephone check-ins, to make sure he was ok.
There are no internet service providers (either DSL, cable, or wireless) where the farm is, so unless he has Starlink, he doesn’t have internet access out there.

There are no internet service providers (either DSL, cable, or wireless) where the farm is, so unless he has Starlink, he doesn’t have internet access out there.

If he had cell service he could hot spot a tablet.

I live in a place with no DSL, Cable or Wireless. We have satellite tv and internet.

My 80 acres is within city limits, but my house is too far from the road, so I have satellite internet (not Starlink, the old kind). I'm sure he could get it at his farm as well.

Does anyone know how many acres the farm is?

ETA: It’s 643.32 acres (parcel ID: 010340026)
The property is roughly square, so I'm also getting about one mile each for length and width. If he has to walk diagonally from one corner to the other to go from trailer to shop that's about 1.4 miles, but nothing on Dylan's property is 5 miles away from his trailer. Either the 5 miles is misinformation or the shoes were not found on Dylan's property.

The property is roughly square, so I'm also getting about one mile each for length and width. If he has to walk diagonally from one corner to the other to go from trailer to shop that's about 1.4 miles, but nothing on Dylan's property is 5 miles away from his trailer. Either the 5 miles is misinformation or the shoes were not found on Dylan's property.
I mentioned the same thing earlier today. The property is roughly 1 square mile.

On many farms the “house” plot is separate from the “farm” plot even though the same person owns both. I suspect it’s because of different real estate treatments for residential vs. agricultural in some jurisdictions.

Attachments

• 5A0FE267-FF70-4DF2-A3EA-11BC1B83CCFE.jpeg
    5A0FE267-FF70-4DF2-A3EA-11BC1B83CCFE.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 92
Snipped & BBM from the Elko County Sheriff's Office update attached to the article:

We were first notified of this case on May 31, 2022, when we responded to Montello on a call that someone was being held hostage in Montello. Sheriff's Office Deputies responded to Montello and searched a residence with the consent of the owner. At that time, we reached out to Box Elder County and offered our assistance.

Did I somehow miss a potential hostage-situation? Or is this new information?

Snipped & BBM from the Elko County Sheriff's Office update attached to the article:

We were first notified of this case on May 31, 2022, when we responded to Montello on a call that someone was being held hostage in Montello. Sheriff's Office Deputies responded to Montello and searched a residence with the consent of the owner. At that time, we reached out to Box Elder County and offered our assistance.

I just started following today and just now read from the first post. This is brand new info to this thread, 100%.
Such a strange case, for sure. Poor kid.

WS MOD GRANTED ONE-TIME APPROVAL FOR YT CREATOR LINKED BELOW. APPROVING THIS VIDEO DOES NOT IN ANY WAY IMPLY VIDEOS FROM THE SAME CAN BE POSTED ON THE THREAD WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL.

6/9/22

Interview With Candice, Missing Dylan Rounds Mother! #ShareToHelp!

Select confirmations of interest by Candice:

1)Cell phone reception (Verizon) at Dylan's ranch is surprisingly relatively good, and no problem making/receiving calls.

2) Dylan did not drop out of school and move to Lucin to farm full time since age 16 as currently being speculated on the thread! Candice confirms Dylan partnered with his grandpa to farm in Lucin and has been farming every summer vacation in Utah since he was 16 years old.

3) Dylan was also doing custom work on a couple of other farms nearby. Justin, his dad, also farms, and Dylan's been on a farm his entire life.

4) Dylan is a regular at Saddle Sore Bar in Montello, NV where he was seen on Friday, 5/27/22. They sell hot food and their kitchen is open late. The selection of eateries around his place are not plentiful. Dylan does not drink. (IMO, LDS family).

5) Saturday, 5/28 at 3:40 pm was the last phone ping from Dylan's phone. Although they know the tower, they have not received the GPS coordinates to identify the actual location where his phone was located.

6) Missing from the farm: Ford Key Fob to the red truck, .40 pistol, cell phone, wallet, and Dylan.

Transcribed by OP with imperfect, fallible ears. MOO

IT DID NOT HAPPEN, DYLAN WAS NOT HELD HOSTAGE, IT WAS A DEEMED A HOAX, A FALSE LEAD.

As Candice has provided in both the YT helicopter search and YT Interview by another creator posted up thread, she states that tips or information provided to herself and/or the extended family have all proven noncredible information and a waste of resources-- including the alleged hostage situation reported above.

WS MOD GRANTED ONE-TIME APPROVAL FOR YT CREATOR LINKED BELOW. APPROVING THIS VIDEO DOES NOT IN ANY WAY IMPLY VIDEOS FROM THE SAME CAN BE POSTED ON THE THREAD WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL.

6/8/2022

View attachment 348728
Wow, that was really well done.
It did feel kind of odd though, like watching a reality tv show.
Something felt off.

Nate Eaton with East Idaho News interviewed Mom in person, 1 on 1. I didn’t pick up on any new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseHase