UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to family, the correct date Dylan was seen in Montello was the 27th. LE is not sure why the date keeps getting changed. Imo, it appears Dylan made it back to the farm and something happened there.

Seems like it's only the Elko County Sheriff saying he was in Montello, NV on the 26th rather than the 27th. Not sure why, since as you said Box Elder County had confirmed to his family it was the 27th.

Wasn't this just supposedly clarified by LE yesterday or the day before too? I think it was originally reported that he was there on the 28th, and it was just confirmed to be the day prior.

1654833581262.png

In the East Idaho interview with Nate. CC says the helio search found a set of tracks in a wash, they want ECSO to come look at them to see if it's from Dylan's truck. I didn't catch exactly where this wash is.

CC further stated locals say, "if you want to disappear someone, wait until it rains and take them to the wash". She wants cadaver dogs to be brought in.

This is at 19:02 in the video-

Seems like it's only the Elko County Sheriff saying he was in Montello, NV on the 26th rather than the 27th. Not sure why, since as you said Box Elder County had confirmed to his family it was the 27th.

Wasn't this just supposedly clarified by LE yesterday or the day before too? I think it was originally reported that he was there on the 28th, and it was just confirmed to be the day prior.
I don't think I've ever seen a case where the facts shifted so often. To take a phrase from <modsnip> Donald Rumsfeld, there seem to be very few "known knowns" in this case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, @MassGuy. So now, according to official LE release, Dylan was in Montello on 5/26, not 5/27. He apparently did talk to his grandmother from his farm on the morning of 5/28.
Folks need to be aware that there is a one hour time difference between Montello and Lucin when looking at call times.

4) Dylan is a regular at Saddle Sore Bar in Montello, NV where he was seen on Friday, 5/27/22. They sell hot food and their kitchen is open late. The selection of eateries around his place are not plentiful. Dylan does not drink. (IMO, LDS family).
RSBBM
Elko is contradicting Mom in their PR statement released today. They say he was in Montello on 5/26, not 5/27.

The Elko County Undersheriff, Justin Ames, made a very compelling argument for why the sighting of DR dining in Montello occurred on 5/26 (not 5/27)-- especially because DR's cell records place him in Montello on this date.

I've never been a fan of Official FB pages that are open and/or allow public comments because you eventually need full-time moderators which brings me to my next point that I think some volunteers are better than others.

I'm concerned that the self-titled missing person family advocate volunteer on Dylan's official page, pinning and promoting the incorrect date online as well as posters/flyers, is also sending CC out to conduct interviews with bad intel. I'm not on FB but I wonder if it's possible to post the 6/9 press release below on the Official FB site?

1654843499983.png

I'm concerned that the self-titled missing person family advocate volunteer on Dylan's official page, pinning and promoting the incorrect date online as well as posters/flyers, is also sending CC out to conduct interviews with bad intel. I'm not on FB but I wonder if it's possible to post the 6/9 press release below on the Official FB site?
I could not agree more that the "advocate" is at best not helping the stream of misinformation in this case. Unfortunately, social media missing persons advocates with zero qualifications and wannabe YouTube stars are sharing case info for entirely self-absorbed reasons. They see the case becoming popular, and they want to profit off of it, either via self promotion or cash from video views. It's great that the mom is being interviewed but I imagine that she's been asked to stop sharing certain things she knows (like naming her own POI) and may well be out of the loop on some things.

I am guessing the Box Elder Sheriff's Department is quite small, but I think they would be doing themselves and us a huge favor if they shared the most comprehensive timeline they could. I do think some people might get tired of the conflicts between which LE the family wants to be in charge and which has jurisdiction and the constantly changing timeline and lose interest in the case.

I think this may come down to a disgruntled employee situation.

The area is so darn remote---there are very few possibilities for the perps. It can't be random because there are almost no random strangers there wandering about.

There are drifters, campers and desert rats hanging about however. He may have run into trouble with one of the transients that are lurking in the area.

Or, maybe someone in his very small town is holding a grudge against him?

Using the Box Elder parcel map, I tried to locate the area of Dylan’s trailer and the place where the shop building, the grain truck, and Dylan’s boots were found.
The trailer area matches the parcel map and the other area seems to match what we saw on the video as being the shop area. According to Google maps it is a little over 6 miles to the west of the trailer. It’s possible it may be a shorter distance if there is an unmarked dirt road that you could take between the two.
Thanks for the maps/images. It looks like the shop is on Tax Parcel: 01-035-0037 which is owned by the USA, so it’s BLM land.

I think this may come down to a disgruntled employee situation.

The area is so darn remote---there are very few possibilities for the perps. It can't be random because there are almost no random strangers there wandering about.

There are drifters, campers and desert rats hanging about however. He may have run into trouble with one of the transients that are lurking in the area.

Or, maybe someone in his very small town is holding a grudge against him?
I’m leaning towards a local with a grudge or a robbery gone bad. Drugs are a major problem in the area and meth tweakers can be very unpredictable and dangerous.

Another note on the area, the Rounds property is close to the Sun Tunnels, which do attract random strangers. Sun Tunnels | The Utah Museum of Fine Arts

RSBM from @Seattle1’s post:
“I've never been a fan of Official FB pages that are open and/or allow public comments because you eventually need full-time moderators which brings me to my next point that I think some volunteers are better than others.

I'm concerned that the self-titled missing person family advocate volunteer on Dylan's official page, pinning and promoting the incorrect date online as well as posters/flyers, is also sending CC out to conduct interviews with bad intel.”

I agree 100%. This “official” page is no better than the regular rumor-laden run of the mill FB page. It has lost all credibility for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the maps/images. It looks like the shop is on Tax Parcel: 01-035-0037 which is owned by the USA, so it’s BLM land.
Correcting my earlier post. Apparently the property where the shop is located is Box Elder Land and Livestock LLC Tax Parcel: 01-035-0191

I’ve started a map: Dylan Rounds MyMaps

Were they the type to help someone looking for a ride, needing help, waving them down?

This has a Belanglo Forest feel to it.
I had to search on this site and google for the BELANGLO FOREST. Are you referencing the backpack murders and IM ? A horrible thought, but maybe should be taken into consideration. JMO MOO

@ClaireNC, I had been trying to find parcels that matched what we saw in the video of the shop area. I don’t know if BLM would allow private buildings to be constructed on public land.
The closest one I could find that seemed to be similar, Parcel 01-035-0191, is near the parcel you pointed out. It is owned by Box Elder Land & Livestock LLC. I didn’t dig too much, but a quick Google search didn’t turn up anything on them. They own several parcels in the area. Dylan’s mom said he was doing some work on other ranches. I wonder if he did some work for them in return for be able to use the shed to store his grain truck in inclement weather?
I’ve attached a couple of more screenshots of the parcels. I haven’t yet found another metal shed in the area that looks like the one in the video, but I’m still looking.

Attachments

• 5F3A65FE-B0A8-4280-9400-1DB203C2BF9A.jpeg
    5F3A65FE-B0A8-4280-9400-1DB203C2BF9A.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 55D27586-C06E-4C1A-A58F-AB7C882C1640.jpeg
    55D27586-C06E-4C1A-A58F-AB7C882C1640.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 66EE51A8-39C2-4BAC-A182-777C5FA0335F.jpeg
    66EE51A8-39C2-4BAC-A182-777C5FA0335F.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 10
Wow, that was really well done.
It did feel kind of odd though, like watching a reality tv show.
Something felt off.

His videos are very polished. He has talent in that regards and 2 million subscribers. He is a bit of a well known character in Utah. Seems like a cool dude. imo. Iirc, he recovered Ron and Beverly's RV and car when they were stranded in Nevada.
They were also involved in another search for remains of another high profile Utah case as well but the woman's name escapes me.

I'm thinking after Dylan finished his call with grandma, that he drove to the shop area and happened upon a robbery in progress or something. Something bad went down and his boots were discarded. And was that backhoe located? I can't figure out whether it's location is known or not. Is it missing?

I’ve been away a couple of days and just now caught up on the thread. I don’t have anything useful to add, really. I’m puzzled by so many things about this. When was it learned that Dylan had his gun with him? And was that common practice, for him to have it on him while he was working etc.? I certainly would if I was somewhere that remote. I live in a town of about 28,000 and I always have a gun in my purse, even though it’s pretty safe here.

The other thing nagging at me is the power washing of the truck. Especially the bed of the truck. But I imagine if you’re going to go through the effort you’d wash all of it. I keep thinking was there some sort of “evidence” in the bed of the truck that needed to be destroyed?

This is all just speculation and curiosity, and MOO.

Come home Dylan. You’re an amazing young man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member