UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family is furious with and done with the PI; they've fired him.
289066734_5814423271904525_1764969987912614002_n.jpg

I'm trying to find the link where Adventures With Purposes comments about their experience with Jim.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Dylan’s trailer had been trashed or if equipment was missing, or his truck etc., I would be looking at squatters or druggies in the area. However, it appears that this is not the case unless we are not privy to that information.

I think whatever transpired involves one or more persons known to Dylan. This is about Dylan not his stuff.

MOO
This is purely speculation but I agree, whoever is responsible (possibly more than one person) was solely focused on Dylan, his place wasn't trashed, no money or material possessions were missing.

bringing this back to Dylan... the PI has been dismissed by the family, maybe we should do the same for now...

where is Dylan... given the theories discussed, where is he now?
I agree with what others have said about whatever happened to Dylan not being motivated by money. Nothing about the circumstances surrounding his disappearance suggest robbery was in any way involved as nothing was taken (aside from what Dylan presumably had on his person). I believe it has been said he normally kept his truck unlocked, so if robbery were the motive I expect the truck would have been stolen.

IMO whatever happened to Dylan has to do with someone taking issue with him on a personal level. I’m not exactly sure what that issue would be about as details about Dylan’s personal life are scarce, but I think it was a person (or persons) he knew.

In a related vein, I don’t think a stranger or transient was involved. Whoever is responsible clearly felt comfortable on Dylan’s property and wasn’t concerned about someone else showing up there unannounced. Dylan looks young for his age, so IMO a stranger might assume he was living there with someone else (parent/guardian/other adult landowner).

I’m also not sure that whatever happened to Dylan happened on the farm itself. I think if he was killed, he wasn’t killed at the farm. I think one possible scenario is that Dylan was with the perpetrator(s) at their property and something went awry and perhaps after disposing of Dylan the perpetrator(s) drove Dylan’s truck back to the farm and left it there to try and throw LE off their trail (after all, having a missing man’s vehicle on your property all but guarantees you’ll be the first person LE looks at).

MOO.

This is purely speculation but I agree, whoever is responsible (possibly more than one person) was solely focused on Dylan, his place wasn't trashed, no money or material possessions were missing.
I too believe that Dylan's disappearance is a result of foul-play and that it was either someone familiar with Dylan and/or the community.

From a broader perspective, I keep asking myself was this a crime of passion/anger, opportunity or premeditation? Dylan has been farming this piece of land for 3 years, he's become a regular in Lucin and Montello. His family has longer established roots here. What recently changed that would spark his disappearance? A disagreement with the fired farm hand? Friendship gone sideways? First year he was able to actually plant crop for an anticipated harvest later this summer - business angle?

I feel like if we can establish the motive and/or trigger that set everything in motion; the puzzle pieces like the boots, locked pick-up, etc. will fall into place.

Unlike the PI, LE and the FBI are interviewing witnesses and actually investigating.

This guy has just repeated a bunch of gossip, much of it based on events that occurred back in 2008.

I would consider anything he says as rumor since it's not supported by any facts. Imo

I completely agree @MsBetsy.

For example, when challenged about making serious allegations about his personal opinion only POI/suspect a registered SOR (first NV, then UT), he changed to ID! Really?

Seems to me PI is unaware that since about 2012, the ID legislature adopted the use of the National Central Registry by the US Dept of Justice (known as SMART) which automatically notifies every state and Native American Tribe across the country of all its registered offenders. For example, the ID SOR search site provides for searching each ID State only, and also the National Central Registry. In my experience, even in states without legislature requiring SMART, the law typically requires relocating offenders to register in their new location within 3 days.

Relative to allegations of organized theft rings and their bunkers circulating in the area, I believe we previously heard similar claims from CC as early as the Sparks YT posted earlier so nothing new here.

IMO, it also seems reasonable that landowners would join to protect their property, not unlike neighborhood watches. MOO

An official timeline was published on the official Find... FB page. I'm reposting it here.

April 2022: A disagreement takes place between Dylan and Don, a family friend who helps out on the farm at times. Don was questioning Dylan's decision to work on a washing machine before a pump, and the result was Dylan and Don mutually decided to part company. (DutyRon Interview 6/14)

Wednesday, May 25th: Dylan tells his mother about a strange encounter with “some guy” who was barefoot and bloody along the roadside who wanted a ride to Montello. (DutyRon Interview 6/14/22)

Thursday, May 26th: ECSO verified that Dylan was in Montello via bank account usage. (ECSO Press Release 6/9/2002)

Friday, May 27th: Eyewitness (unconfirmed) sighting of Dylan in Montello. (Information relayed from police to the family but with changing stories can not be reliable.)

Saturday, May 28th:
  • 6:51am: A phone call took place between Dylan and his grandma. He told his grandma he had to get his grain truck put away in the shop/shed. (at a location 5 miles west of his farm) to keep it away from the rain and he would call her back. ECSO confirmed via cell phone data he was at or near his farm in Lucin for this phone call. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/2
  • 3:41pm: ECSO released the last cell phone data that came from Dylan's phone at or near his farm. (DutyRon interview 6/14/22)
  • 10:00 pm (approximately) CV seen on camera 200 miles away from Lucin. (Candice on SleuthMom interview 6/13/22)
Sunday, May 29th:
  • Dylan had not called his grandma back so she called Don (a person who worked for Dylan on the farm) to check on him since he wasn't answering her phone calls. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)
  • Don and Jim (farm helpers) go to Dylan's farm and look for him but he is no where. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)
Monday, May 30th:
  • Don and Jim have not been able to locate Dylan so they let Grandma know.
  • Grandma reaches out to JD, (Dylan's best friend) to see if he had heard from him.
  • 11:00am: He had not heard from Dylan, so JD reached out to Dylan's mother to see if she had heard from him. She called around to other family members and no one had spoken with him. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)
  • Dylan's parents drive to the farm to see if they can figure out where Dylan is. A missing person report is filed by Candice with BESO during the drive down.
  • They arrive to find the seed truck had been put in the shed, Dylan's truck was at his trailer and it had been pressure washed, the seat position had been moved very far forward to accommodate a shorter person and there were no tracks or footprints. (Nancy Grace Interview 6/13/22)
  • 90 minutes into the missing person report and search of the area, BESO SAR locates Dylan's boots tossed behind a pile of dirt 100 yards south from where the grain truck is located. BESO SAR takes the boots and places them in their patrol vehicle. Boots would not be sent to the lab until a week later. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)
Tuesday, May 31st: Family received a call from a citizen of Montello, Kurt (who used to work for Dylan) that Dylan was being held in a specific location by Chase and another gentleman in Montello, NV. ECSO sent out 6 deputies but he was not there and they searched the entire property.. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)

Search Week #1 (5/30-6/4)
  • Searches in the area took place by BESO along with Weber County Fire and Rescue with helicopters, an airplane, ATV's, horses, on foot search parties and cadaver dogs. After 6 hours BESO called off the search because they were 99% sure he wasn't in the 3x5 mile area search radius. (6/7 Fox13 News Interview with Justin Rounds)
  • 200-300 search volunteers of all types searching on the Utah side including 5 private air searches until they ran out of fuel. (Candice from SleuthMom 6/13/22 and DutyRon 6/14/22)
  • Diesel Brothers: Searched with their helicopters and took video footage of the tires tracks in the wash that later ended up being from a volunteer's truck who had been searching for Dylan.
Thursday, June 2nd: Family is told they found a drop of blood on the boots. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)

Sunday, June 5th: Family was given permission by BESO to take the pickup truck from the farm without any fingerprinting or forensic investigation. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)

Monday, June 6th: Dylan's boots are finally logged into the police lab. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)

Friday, June 10th: Candice met with ECSO for almost 5 hours and they went through the case from top to bottom, and agreed to offer additional resources for search.. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)

Search Week #2 (6/5-6/11)
  • Organized search looking for a particular bunker and it was found and cleared. Other areas of interest were also searched by all means available to ECSO and public volunteers. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)
Tuesday, June 14th: Bonneville County, Idaho took Dylan’s pickup truck into custody. (Candice, personally verified)

Wednesday, June 15th: Investigation classified as criminal investigation. (BESO Press Release 6/15)

Saturday, June 18th: Both of Dylan’s campers were taken into police custody. (Candice, personally verified)

Search Week #3 (6/12-6/18)
  • No public search was held the weekend of 6/18 and 6/19 to allow for law enforcement and Equusearch to conduct their activities without interference. Equusearch had drone operators out in the area. (Confirmed by Twila in private communication 6/18)

I’m also not sure that whatever happened to Dylan happened on the farm itself. I think if he was killed, he wasn’t killed at the farm. I think one possible scenario is that Dylan was with the perpetrator(s) at their property and something went awry and perhaps after disposing of Dylan the perpetrator(s) drove Dylan’s truck back to the farm and left it there to try and throw LE off their trail (after all, having a missing man’s vehicle on your property all but guarantees you’ll be the first person LE looks at).

MOO.
SBM, BBM. If he left his property on Saturday, perhaps his phone would have pinged elsewhere? Are there other farms/dwellings within the same ping range?

An official timeline was published on the official Find... FB page. I'm reposting it here.

April 2022: A disagreement takes place between Dylan and Don, a family friend who helps out on the farm at times. Don was questioning Dylan's decision to work on a washing machine before a pump, and the result was Dylan and Don mutually decided to part company. (DutyRon Interview 6/14)

Wednesday, May 25th: Dylan tells his mother about a strange encounter with “some guy” who was barefoot and bloody along the roadside who wanted a ride to Montello. (DutyRon Interview 6/14/22)

Thursday, May 26th: ECSO verified that Dylan was in Montello via bank account usage. (ECSO Press Release 6/9/2002)

Friday, May 27th: Eyewitness (unconfirmed) sighting of Dylan in Montello. (Information relayed from police to the family but with changing stories can not be reliable.)

Saturday, May 28th:
  • 6:51am: A phone call took place between Dylan and his grandma. He told his grandma he had to get his grain truck put away in the shop/shed. (at a location 5 miles west of his farm) to keep it away from the rain and he would call her back. ECSO confirmed via cell phone data he was at or near his farm in Lucin for this phone call. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/2
  • 3:41pm: ECSO released the last cell phone data that came from Dylan's phone at or near his farm. (DutyRon interview 6/14/22)
  • 10:00 pm (approximately) CV seen on camera 200 miles away from Lucin. (Candice on SleuthMom interview 6/13/22)
Sunday, May 29th:
  • Dylan had not called his grandma back so she called Don (a person who worked for Dylan on the farm) to check on him since he wasn't answering her phone calls. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)
  • Don and Jim (farm helpers) go to Dylan's farm and look for him but he is no where. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)
Monday, May 30th:
  • Don and Jim have not been able to locate Dylan so they let Grandma know.
  • Grandma reaches out to JD, (Dylan's best friend) to see if he had heard from him.
  • 11:00am: He had not heard from Dylan, so JD reached out to Dylan's mother to see if she had heard from him. She called around to other family members and no one had spoken with him. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)
  • Dylan's parents drive to the farm to see if they can figure out where Dylan is. A missing person report is filed by Candice with BESO during the drive down.
  • They arrive to find the seed truck had been put in the shed, Dylan's truck was at his trailer and it had been pressure washed, the seat position had been moved very far forward to accommodate a shorter person and there were no tracks or footprints. (Nancy Grace Interview 6/13/22)
  • 90 minutes into the missing person report and search of the area, BESO SAR locates Dylan's boots tossed behind a pile of dirt 100 yards south from where the grain truck is located. BESO SAR takes the boots and places them in their patrol vehicle. Boots would not be sent to the lab until a week later. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)
Tuesday, May 31st: Family received a call from a citizen of Montello, Kurt (who used to work for Dylan) that Dylan was being held in a specific location by Chase and another gentleman in Montello, NV. ECSO sent out 6 deputies but he was not there and they searched the entire property.. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)

Search Week #1 (5/30-6/4)
  • Searches in the area took place by BESO along with Weber County Fire and Rescue with helicopters, an airplane, ATV's, horses, on foot search parties and cadaver dogs. After 6 hours BESO called off the search because they were 99% sure he wasn't in the 3x5 mile area search radius. (6/7 Fox13 News Interview with Justin Rounds)
  • 200-300 search volunteers of all types searching on the Utah side including 5 private air searches until they ran out of fuel. (Candice from SleuthMom 6/13/22 and DutyRon 6/14/22)
  • Diesel Brothers: Searched with their helicopters and took video footage of the tires tracks in the wash that later ended up being from a volunteer's truck who had been searching for Dylan.
Thursday, June 2nd: Family is told they found a drop of blood on the boots. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)

Sunday, June 5th: Family was given permission by BESO to take the pickup truck from the farm without any fingerprinting or forensic investigation. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)

Monday, June 6th: Dylan's boots are finally logged into the police lab. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)

Friday, June 10th: Candice met with ECSO for almost 5 hours and they went through the case from top to bottom, and agreed to offer additional resources for search.. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)

Search Week #2 (6/5-6/11)
  • Organized search looking for a particular bunker and it was found and cleared. Other areas of interest were also searched by all means available to ECSO and public volunteers. (Nancy Grace interview 6/13/22)
Tuesday, June 14th: Bonneville County, Idaho took Dylan’s pickup truck into custody. (Candice, personally verified)

Wednesday, June 15th: Investigation classified as criminal investigation. (BESO Press Release 6/15)

Saturday, June 18th: Both of Dylan’s campers were taken into police custody. (Candice, personally verified)

Search Week #3 (6/12-6/18)
  • No public search was held the weekend of 6/18 and 6/19 to allow for law enforcement and Equusearch to conduct their activities without interference. Equusearch had drone operators out in the area. (Confirmed by Twila in private communication 6/18)
Are "some guy", CV and Chase from above the same person?

SBM, BBM. If he left his property on Saturday, perhaps his phone would have pinged elsewhere? Are there other farms/dwellings within the same ping range?
From CC, we learned the tower coverage is about 15 miles, and DR's farm is within this range.

From JR, we learned the ping was in the area of the tracks which I believe is adjacent to the shed/grain truck. IMO, CC didn't understand the coordinates but was aware the ping placed DR at the farm.

We know from location evidence presented at trial by experts that the closest to the exact ping location requires triangulation analysis. For purposes of discussion, I think it safe to assume DR's last phone ping was in Lucin, UT. MOO

From CC, we learned the tower coverage is about 15 miles, and DR's farm is within this range.

From JR, we learned the ping was in the area of the tracks which I believe is adjacent to the shed/grain truck. IMO, CC didn't understand the coordinates but was aware the ping placed DR at the farm.

We know from location evidence presented at trial by experts that the closest to the exact ping location requires triangulation analysis. For purposes of discussion, I think it safe to assume DR's last phone ping was in Lucin, UT. MOO
So hypothetically, if he was in Montello earlier that day, would his phone ping a different tower?

In addition to my post upthread about was this a crime of passion, opportunity or premeditation, I wonder about Dylan's personality, temperament and demeanor. We know, by all accounts, both from the family and his own accomplishments with the farm; he's dedicated, hard-working, good-natured.
I only ask to get a better perspective on how he would respond to someone or something threatening him or his farm and everything he's worked so hard for. Would he stand-up and "fight" for himself and what he thought was right? Would he be more passive and try and minimize or negate what was happening? I by no means am implying Dylan is or would be an aggressor, but how he would respond being a victim.

In addition to my post upthread about was this a crime of passion, opportunity or premeditation, I wonder about Dylan's personality, temperament and demeanor. We know, by all accounts, both from the family and his own accomplishments with the farm; he's dedicated, hard-working, good-natured.
I only ask to get a better perspective on how he would respond to someone or something threatening him or his farm and everything he's worked so hard for. Would he stand-up and "fight" for himself and what he thought was right? Would he be more passive and try and minimize or negate what was happening? I by no means am implying Dylan is or would be an aggressor, but how he would respond being a victim.
I, too, wondered how he might respond to an attack.
I have not seen a public response to the question.

As always , it is my hope that he is alive somewhere.
That is why I was pondering his survival skills.

I would like to know was with him at the bar prior to his disappearance.

Not to be disturbing, but would the grain truck be large enough or have access large enough to hide a person?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ribut1932