UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing about the allegedly cleared guy is that he said he knew Dylan. If so, why would Dylan just call him a weird, barefoot guy instead of by name when he told his family about the encounter? MOO
It seems unlikely but did Dylan have 2 encounters that day? Probably not.
LE is not saying much. Hopefully they are hard at work behind the scenes trying to find out where Dylan is and if he is missing voluntarily or involuntarily.

I agree with @katydid23 that some things bear looking into for further clarification.
RSBM

That is something that sticks out to me -- articles seem to all imply that he referred to the person as unfamiliar when talking to his family, and if it was someone he knew even casually you would think he would have referenced that in his description. If I'm talking about someone I generally include the context of how I know them if the person I'm talking to doesn't also know them.

JMO, maybe the expectations and isolation of working the family farm got to Dylan. I think it's a possibility that has to be considered. Like you, I have seen many cases over the years where families refused to consider that their loved one needed to get away for myriads of reasons.

To be clear, I'm not saying that happened in this case. Dylan may have either had an accident or have met with someone who disappeared him. I give all three possibilities equal weight.

One thing that is disturbing is that Dylan's truck is still in his driveway. If he was going to disappear for some needed R&R, he would go in his vehicle.

Last edited:
NORTHERN UTAH (KMVT/KSVT) —

-Updated story June 6-

Family members said boots found roughly 100 yards from where his grain truck was parked in Utah were determined to be his....

NORTHERN UTAH (KMVT/KSVT) —

-Updated story June 6-

Family members said boots found roughly 100 yards from where his grain truck was parked in Utah were determined to be his....

Wondering if the grain truck was parked by the trailer where Dylan was staying or by a barn or other farm buildings a distance away? Also, assuming the grain truck was not his main transportation vehicle that he also had a pick-up?

I just have to throw this out there. Whatever has happened has nothing to do with farming or his farming life.

This is about relationships good or bad or soured.

I believe something bad has happened here and we will know soon.

MOO

I agree it had nothing to do directly with his work, but a few questions/statements that just popped in my head:

A grain truck would mean like a semi (semi-tractor/semi-trailer/etc), right? I live in central IL so people haul grain and sand all day long. It wouldn't be a personal vehicle you'd take to town for groceries. Usually the farmers have a personal vehicle to run to the fields in, drive barn to barn, get to/from the trucking company they worked for, etc. Being a family farm, there could be just one personal vehicle that everyone shares. Example: My old local neighbor would leave his grain truck in the field over night ... so his personal vehicle was often parked in a field as well. On certain days his wife would drop him off at the grain truck in the field and pick him up later, because they shared a vehicle.

I'd like to know if he drove that grain truck to his last know location or was he dropped off. Also, did he leave it parked outside of his trailer when he was done for the day, back at a company, in the field, etc?

There could be bad blood BECAUSE of the business as well, people get angry over seemingly small things when it has to do with property, but I feel like this was more personal (with really no reasoning to go off of, just my "gut" at this time).

I'm hoping he didn't get hurt, wander down the road, rip off his boots, and kept wandering. If that were the case, I would think he would have been found by now, but we all know that isn't always the case unfortunately.

Also, it was stated that he wasn't the partying type - IMO it doesn't mean he didn't hang out with people after work. JMO MOO

Sorry for the long rambling, but all these little tidbits have been stuck in my head.

Also, OT kind of - we've had a HUGE increase in people trying to siphon diesel because of the price. I've known a few people personally and my husband is the manager at a diesel shop and they've heard tons of stories from across the states about it happening as well. (just an FYI, you can buy locking gas caps, even for regular vehicles).

This could be domestic violence and stalking of a ex gf (partner). Imo. The more I think about this case the more I think about him calling a bunch of relatives and getting them to think he’s in danger and maybe abducted by this guy? The family states he’s virtually a “perfect” kid. One who may be expected too much from him that he snapped and ran away. Moo

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm blowing this thread up, so my apologies - who officially last saw him?

From what I've gathered ...he was last seen on the 29th, BUT talked to his grandma on the 28th. Who saw him on the 29th when the<modsnip> guy supposedly got a ride to his home? The person who brought them? And ...we obviously aren't privy to who that is, but I would like to know. (It was previosly stated that he was seen on the 25th and talked to grandma on the 28th, that was updated via FB page - but not sure if it IS offical information- so this is all MOO).

Not sure if Dylan or the family would take a 3 day weekend from farming, but Friday, the 27th, started Memorial Day Weekend. I'm thinking his home is the jumping point for this story (after my above ramblings about the grain truck lol).

Last edited by a moderator:
This could be domestic violence and stalking of a ex gf (partner). Imo. The more I think about this case the more I think about him calling a bunch of relatives and getting them to think he’s in danger and maybe abducted by this guy? The family states he’s virtually a “perfect” kid. One who may be expected too much from him that he snapped and ran away. Moo
I also wondered about telling several relatives about the strange man. Did he speak with each relative every day which would make sense that he mentioned it? Or did he call relatives that he wouldn't normally speak with every day to tell them about the man?

Couple of observations from the FB page...the poster now states that the boots were found 5 miles west of the farm, generally in the direction of Montello. He was also last seen by anybody on the evening of the 28th in Montello itself, however, for some reason LE won't say exactly where (which is odd, given that this could encourage witnesses to come forward). I wonder if he ran into trouble in Montello that night?

Couple of observations from the FB page...the poster now states that the boots were found 5 miles west of the farm, generally in the direction of Montello. He was also last seen by anybody on the evening of the 28th in Montello itself, however, for some reason LE won't say exactly where (which is odd, given that this could encourage witnesses to come forward). I wonder if he ran into trouble in Montello that night?
Interesting. Lucin is about 26 miles from Montello. So how did Dylan get there?
Also, the main route to Montello is Hwy 30. That road is just about 5 miles from Lucin. See attached maps.
Since his shoes were found 5 miles from the farm, my thoughts initially were that he might have walked up to 30 to hitchhike into town and something happened there. However, why do that if you have a truck? And if he was actually seen in Montello that evening, whatever happened happened on the way back?
Did LE check to see if his truck was operable?
Did Dylan have someone pick him up at the farm and bring him to town?
Lucin and Montello are in different time zones.

Attachments

• 1A6141F0-960E-4A8D-8E7D-9EC6DFCA1065.jpeg
    1A6141F0-960E-4A8D-8E7D-9EC6DFCA1065.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 12
  • D27169A1-E955-4431-8AF5-8C2DE80803CF.jpeg
    D27169A1-E955-4431-8AF5-8C2DE80803CF.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 12
So Dylan has been farming on his own since he was 16?

He lived alone? No roommates or farm hands? He did all of this himself?

Did he finish school? Did he go to school? Was he home schooled? Was he subjected to bullying?

I just think we are missing some pertinent background information.

This whole “meeting the barefooted weird guy” who then tracked him down and got a ride to his trailer makes no sense to me.

I don’t know why but I just think he got lured away under false pretences.

We are missing an essential piece of the puzzle.

MOO

The similarity that one was originally without boots and now Dylan is without his. IFKWIM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member