UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing anything?

Missing:
Wallet, Phone - Family offering $20,000 reward for man who disappeared after 'weird run-in' with stranger - East Idaho News

Dylan Rounds - lives in Box Elder County, Lucin, Utah

<modsnip>
Thank you for the timeline!

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I missing anything?

Missing:
Wallet, Phone - Family offering $20,000 reward for man who disappeared after 'weird run-in' with stranger - East Idaho News

Dylan Rounds - lives in Box Elder County, Lucin, Utah

<modsnip>
Really important that you put this together. Many thanks!

As regards the first missing flyer which mentioned Dylan as being missing since the 25th, subsequently modified to 28th and more recently to 27, have to say I was surprised at the typos/spelling mistakes.

"DISAPPERANCE AND WHERABOUTS."

Maybe a sibling helping out?

Maybe he went to the bar, got a little tippy and ended up off road or got stuck in the mud on his way home, and some how injured himself, left his boots for whatever reason, and then went back to power wash the truck and something bad happened then? Totally speculation and my opinion. My guess is a farm would have some sort of power washer (I grew up on a farm) also imo

What is a 19 yr old going to do with 600 acres in the remote desert? How much is that property even worth? I'd guess, not very much. Unless they had a lot of underground natural springs assuring them of water, it is not very valuable land.

That's why it is so remote. Very few people have the patience and determination to grow crops in the high desert because it is high risk, low reward. JMO

What is a 19 yr old going to do with 600 acres in the remote desert? How much is that property even worth? I'd guess, not very much. Unless they had a lot of underground natural springs assuring them of water, it is not very valuable land.

That's why it is so remote. Very few people have the patience and determination to grow crops in the high desert because it is high risk, low reward. JMO

There is a listing for 240 acres of land in Lucin, Box Elder County, Utah on land watch .com for $29,500.

Yes. That’s my confusion. Is the “shop” 5 miles away or right there on the family property?

Everything related to Dylan including his truck, house trailer, grain truck, irrigation pumps, etc. are located on the family property. It's spread out all over the basin so when Dylan is walking across the prairie from the shop to his house trailer (about 5 miles), he's walking on family property.

Everything related to Dylan including his truck, house trailer, grain truck, irrigation pumps, etc. are located on the family property. It's spread out all over the basin so when Dylan is walking across the prairie from the shop to his house trailer (about 5 miles), he's walking on family property.
Thanks, @Seattle1. I was typing as you were posting. Yours makes it much easier to understand. One other question I had: Do we know if Dylan’s truck keys were found in his trailer? Mom says the truck was locked which apparently was unusual for him.

My reading of the shop is that it is the large metal shed seen in the video in an area still on the farm with some equipment but about 5 miles from where Dylan’s trailer is. Both areas appeared to have various equipment scattered around and a few sheds. This would not be unusual on a large farm.
What stuck out to me is that Dylan’s mom said that Dylan would walk the five miles back and forth when he used the grain truck. On Saturday, when he cut the call short with his grandmother because he didn’t want his seed, which was in the grain truck, to get wet, why would he walk instead of taking his truck?
Since we don't know where the grain truck was located when Dylan went to move it, I'm inclined to believe it wasn't too far from the house trailer so no need for Dylan to drive his truck to this spot.

What we know for certain is that the shelter for the grain truck and the shop are about 5 miles from the trailer house. It would be necessary for Dylan to walk about 5 miles from the shop once he moved the grain truck to this location for shelter from the rain.

Thanks, @Seattle1. I was typing as you were posting. Yours makes it much easier to understand. One other question I had: Do we know if Dylan’s truck keys were found in his trailer? Mom says the truck was locked which apparently was unusual for him.
Yes. Nothing was amiss. Only Dylan, his wallet, and his phone are missing.

But according to GIS the property is 1 square mile. So there is no point that is 5 miles away.

Example of a typical, pre-engineered metal/steel farm building (shop).

Dylan may or may not have just a dirt foundation here or he may have laid a concrete foundation for the shop.

I think it's likely windy and dusty at this location so concrete would definitely be preferable.

I live on a farm that’s 128 acres. Our property is close to a mile long. While we sometimes walk for pleasure, when we are in work mode, we use an ATV or ride a horse. It’s just more efficient and it allows you to haul any tools or equipment needed. It doesn’t make sense for him to always walk from the homesite to the shop/grain truck. Especially when it’s a situation where he needed to get to the grain truck before the rain started.

I was about to mention that. Most farmers I know carry a gun when they are out working the property. if not on their person, then in the ATV or saddle pack. it’s just necessary for snakes and predators of the animal or human kind.

It would be interesting to know if he carried the pistol with him just like you describe and thus it is just missing because it is on his person, along with his phone and wallet. It would be different if it would be usually stored in a case and now it isn't there any longer

If suicide is an option, I wonder where the pressure washed vehicle fits in. The fact that time was spent to clean the vehicle makes me think it was part of something

In Idaho you can drop out of school at 16. He probably grew up farming and is well qualified to run a farm. It sounds like he probably had hired help. Although we haven't heard much about that. Owning your own farm at sixteen is not a bad gig. Kids in farming and ranching mature much more quickly than city kids. They pull their weight at a young age. Everyone has a job no matter their age. IMO, Dylan should be commended for what he was doing. All JMO.

About kids taking on responsibilities at a young age. Family businesses are like that. I came across a 13 year old running a small very busy family owned truck stop. Her dad had surgery, her mom was at home taking care of him. She had everything under control. She probably grew up in that little truck stop and knew the business in and out.

ADMIN NOTE
While this case is especially troubling, the Websleuths Terms of Service still apply.
That means:
- the ONLY people who may be sleuthed and discussed are the missing person, Dylan Rounds, and anyone named BY LE as a suspect or POI. Everyone else is off limits and posts that discuss them may be removed.
- random YouTube videos MUST BE APPROVED by mods or admins FIRST before posting. Those failing to get approval may be removed.
- posts that reply/respond to those that violate the above TOS may also be removed.

When many ignore the TOS and post in defiance of the rules, it results in a need to clean up the thread, which sometimes requires a thread closure. None of us want that.
Please help keep this thread OPEN by Reporting any questionable posts rather than responding to them and perpetuating the violations.

THANK YOU for upholding the Websleuths standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli