UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Dylan's mother in an interview with East Idaho News Dylan had originally told his mom he refused the man a ride and then at some point told her he had in fact given man a ride. His mom put flyers out stating they would like the man to reach out. And he did. LE ignoring him at first. Said man had an outstanding warrant so was arrested. Mom said Dylan's truck seat had been scooted way forward and power washed but fender wells were still caked with mud. Mom said it was known to everyone the 4wheel drive was not working yet found it engaged when parked.
I haven't seen where Dylan later told his Mom he gave the man a ride? I think she knows this now because witnesses told her that? Small thing, but so many facts have changed, it's good to keep them straight. Please correct me if I'm the one misunderstanding.

How his mom said there were large ruts by the shop which was unusual... maybe someone had his pickup truck down there and got stuck and they tried to use the 4x4 in the truck trying to get out, not knowing it was broken. They caused the big ruts, finally got out somehow then parked the truck back at the trailer and tried to clean the evidence off? And never moved the lever from 4x4? Why I'm not sure but just throwing it out there...

Only just catching up with this. In this video his mom says he didn't tell the truth to mom about not picking (but actually picking up) the barefoot man. I just wonder what else Mom didn't know about in his life. JMO MOO. Also, the barefoot man, did he have a 'thing' about shoeless people? (I'm referring the only pair of boots found). JMO MOO

Edited to add a link to the video interview.

Good points.
Under what circumstances would his boots impede his disposal if foul play occurred?
I noticed in the interview posted by his mom that she used to save his boots tttttt
We just don't know enough, so I don't think anything would surprise me at this point.

As for the search, his last ping is in Utah, his boots are in Utah, yet they're searching in Nevada. It's just weird.

It's like we're not being told something.
about the boots. The interview with the mother said he wore the same boots and when they wore out he’d get the same ones. My thinking is he left the boots behind because he wanted his mom to cherish them like she did when he was smaller. She saved them and has them as decorations. All the things that happened up until he disappeared seem hinky to me. I’m thinking the work got overwhelming and the seed accidentally got wet and he felt like a disappointment and disappeared on his own accord. This is just one scenario. I have many. I’m just throwing this out there. Any thoughts? Idk maybe I’m just grasping at straws with lack of credible info. Imo moo

I noticed in the interview posted by his mom that she used to save his boots tttttt

about the boots. The interview with the mother said he wore the same boots and when they wore out he’d get the same ones. My thinking is he left the boots behind because he wanted his mom to cherish them like she did when he was smaller. She saved them and has them as decorations. All the things that happened up until he disappeared seem hinky to me. I’m thinking the work got overwhelming and the seed accidentally got wet and he felt like a disappointment and disappeared on his own accord. This is just one scenario. I have many. I’m just throwing this out there. Any thoughts? Idk maybe I’m just grasping at straws with lack of credible info. Imo moo
Anything is possible, and I'm at least open to something like that occurring (him taking off or worse).

The issue is we haven't heard about any past history of mental struggles, and this seemed to happen quite suddenly (not long after the phone call with his grandmother).

Nothing comes close to fitting cleanly here, as this whole situation is vague and confusing.

There's no sign of a crime, and no clear motive. There's always the possibility of some sort of misadventure, which is why I'm annoyed they are searching so far away, as opposed to where he is far more likely to be based on his phone records.

Last edited:
Anything is possible, and I'm at least open to something like that occurring (him taking off or worse).

The issue is we haven't heard about any past history of mental struggles, and this seemed to happen quite suddenly (not long after the phone call with his grandmother).

Nothing comes close to fitting cleanly here, as this whole situation is vague and confusing.

There's no sign of a crime, and no clear motive. Yet I'm leaning more towards something like that than anything.

Not by much though...
Here to pull you back from the precipice.i think his parents are both amazing.
They're both saying his disappearance is involuntary.
I absolutely believe them.
They're our best and only witnesses. Everything is possible, of course.
I believe they would know and share truthfully.
They're the furthest from drama Queens I ever did see.
He's still missing and needs to be found.

(are you back ?)

Here to pull you back from the precipice.i think his parents are both amazing.
They're both saying his disappearance is involuntary.
I absolutely believe them.
They're our best and only witnesses. Everything is possible, of course.
I believe they would know and share truthfully.
They're the furthest from drama Queens I ever did see.
He's still missing and needs to be found.

(are you back ?)
It's not about believing them or not believing them, it's a matter of if they are correct or not.

I've followed countless cases where those close to the subject had blind spots, or simply didn't know what they didn't know.

Until we have more information, I'm not ruling anything out.

Someone had posted a theory that Dylan could have been beaten up and dropped off/abandoned somewhere without his boots, so he'd know what it's like to walk with no shoes on. Some sort of retaliation. Seemed like the only thing I could wrap my head around, without knowing all the details of course. Also, if Dylan did lie to his Mom and in fact, gave the shoeless man a ride, this theory wouldn't make much sense.

Someone had posted a theory that Dylan could have been beaten up and dropped off/abandoned somewhere without his boots, so he'd know what it's like to walk with no shoes on. Some sort of retaliation. Seemed like the only thing I could wrap my head around, without knowing all the details of course. Also, if Dylan did lie to his Mom and in fact, gave the shoeless man a ride, this theory wouldn't make much sense.
Could well be.
Also worth noting is that the guy who SAID he got picked up may not have been telling the truth.
AFAIK his story has not been corroborated.
Or there may have been two.

The boots are a very very big deal.
He can’t go far without them, and he can’t work on his beloved farm without them.
An ominous sign. Sigh…

Amateur opinion and speculation

Unless he had a different pair of boots or other pairs of shoes? I don't understand why it's taken as completely outside the realm of possibility he had a newer pair of boots or something more casual (not work boots) when going to town or something.

Last edited:
ADMIN NOTE:

The social media of family members is not allowed. Only approved missing people support groups are allowed, i.e. Help Find ..., Justice for ...

From The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc

Social media pages of family members and/or friends of either a victim or a suspect, and most any other individual are OFF LIMITS. Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
420xtal