UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the new official missing poster.

Very curious what they're farming out there. I've driven past big alfalfa farms on the CA/Nevada border and there are actual plants present. The aerial for this area appears to be all desert. Cattle?

Attachments

• FABC1D28-2E2A-4091-AB03-4291BDA115EF.jpeg
    FABC1D28-2E2A-4091-AB03-4291BDA115EF.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 49
<snipped>
Wiki info about Montello (BBM):

"Montello is a census-designated place (CDP) in Elko County, Nevada, United States. It is home to Montello Elementary School, which is part of the Elko County School District. The population of Montello was 50 as of the 2018 American Community Survey. Two small bars and a market/motel selling fuel and sundries comprise the business district. Various cattle ranching operations surround the area".

So I got in my little google car (street view) and looked around Montello. Now I'm wondering where he was seen in Montello, population 50+? Business or residence? Here's practically all the businesses in Montello (not much to choose from):

Montello Gas & Grocery closes at 5pm
View attachment 348431
Could last seen mean on surveillance camera? I mean it seems like a place Dylan would head for groceries, supplies, gas. Not a beer, unless no one cards patrons. Info is certainly lacking. IMO

MOD NOTE:

Please STOP!!! sleuthing a person who has not been declared POI by law enforcement. You can have private conversations all you want, but please stop talking about it on the thread. Further posts about this will result in thread bans or time-outs.

Also, please read this:

ALLOWED SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES

Individuals
Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as officially named by LE)
  • Links may be used to direct members to posts made by a victim or a suspect.
  • Paraphrasing is okay, but direct quotes, copying/pasting, screenshots from these pages is not allowed.
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by Friends on these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Do not link to a victim or suspect's social media page if you are not 100% certain it belongs to the correct individual.
  • If a social media page is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Approved group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for..." (usually a page run by family)

Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
  • Posts by an owner or admin of the above public social media pages may be linked, copied, quoted, or paraphrased. This refers primarily to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, announcements by law enforcement, the admin of an approved group support page (usually a page run by family)
  • NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be linked, quoted, copied or referenced. They are considered rumor. Just don't mention them.
  • Regarding group support pages, i.e., "Help Find..." and "Justice for...": If at any time the WS staff determines a group support page to be inappropriate, a notice will be posted in the thread stating that the page is no longer approved.

Well if this isn't the strangest situation. I have to believe that LE knows something - or maybe they know everything. They must have reasons to be keeping information close to the vest. There are many questions that come to mind quickly:
1. Where exactly was Dylan seen on Saturday night in Montello
2. Who was the last to see him
3. What was he wearing
4. What was his demeanor at the time
5. Was he alone or with someone
Given the photos provided above by @Unsolved there might not be any CCTV cameras so I'm guessing the last sighting must be by someone who saw Dylan and knows him well.
All my own humble opinion.

The biggest clue here is that he was worried enough about a barefoot person who he met that it bothered him enough to call about. This from a young man who was well known and has been responsible at a young age to travel and work on his own. The fact that the man that worried him was barefoot in a hot dry area and now Dylan's boots have been found is so concerning to me. These are huge clues to me that point in a tough direction. That very independent young man was CONCERNED enough to voice it. Prayers to family, friends and searchers.

June 7, 2022 article:

The reports says Dylan was last seen at the Saddle Sore Bar so that answers the one question many of us had. It doesn't, however, indicate whether he was meeting friends there or stopped by himself and/or if this was a normal spot for him to spend time when not working and wanted a night out.

The reports says Dylan was last seen at the Saddle Sore Bar so that answers the one question many of us had. It doesn't, however, indicate whether he was meeting friends there or stopped by himself and/or if this was a normal spot for him to spend time when not working and wanted a night out.
He is only 19, so they must serve food, or he couldn't be in there, legally anyway. Did he meet up w/someone there or just run into someone and befriend them?

I don't think it is suspicious to be a hard worker and be devoted to your farming. Not at all. My Dad was raised on a dairy farm. My cousins were raised on farms in Northern California and worked from sun up to sun down, during the summer months.

What I am questioning is the description of DR, saying he ONLY has interest in working on the farm---7 days a week, all day---and has no interest in friends, dating, hobbies or a social life.

I have a hard time accepting that as 100% certain. It makes me wonder if he does have some interests that his family is not aware of. It wouldn't be the 1st time a teen ager has surprised their parents with friends or interests they have kept private, IMO.
I agree. We know that he liked going into town for a meal and to socialize given he was last seen at the Saddle Sore Bar in NV, located about 20 miles from his property. JMO

Dylan’s mom, Candice Cooley, lives in Twin Falls and his dad, Justin Rounds, lives in Ucon. They are actively involved in the search and are offering a $20,000 reward to anyone who finds him or knows where he might be.
Dylan essentially moved less than 250 miles from home (and only 175 miles from Twin Falls) to start farming on his own. Far enough for some independence but close enough for help if required.

1654678118930.png
3 hr 41 min (242.4 mi) via UT-30 E and I-86 E

Last edited:
So how did he get to Montello if his truck was at his trailer?
Seems to me more likely that he drove his truck home from Montello. I think he was on foot when something happened that included Dylan removing his boots and leaving them behind on a mound of dirt -- about 5 miles from his parked vehicle and trailer.

Stranger things have happened. I'm thinking of 21 yr old student Jason Landry that vanished Dec 2020 from a dirt road near Luling, TX when headed home for Christmas break. Jason was believed walking on a dirt road towards town when he started stripping off all his clothes including his slides and socks, and vanished. MOO

FIND DYLAN ROUNDS (Official) | Facebook Find Dylan Rounds FB
mom is an admin on this.
6/7/22 PM Update posted by DC on Official page:

Dylan’s boots were found behind a dirt pile about five miles west of his farm on May 30th. The Box Elder Sheriff took custody of the boots and turned them over to Box Elder Detectives. The Box Elder Detective told Dylan’s mom that they found a drop of blood on one of the boots. We learned that the boots were not shipped to the laboratory until June 6th.
[..]

Dylan's maroon colored Ford 4x4 4-door pickup was found parked at the farm, freshly pressured washed on the outside and in the bed. The tires were also pressure washed and did not have any mud on them. Given the muddy roads from the thunderstorms the day prior, the pickup and pickup tires should have had a large amount of mud on them. This indicates that the truck and truck tires were pressure washed at the farm where the truck was found.
[..]

It's not believed Dylan was the last person to drive his truck(seat & gear).

Elko County Sheriff's office not offering assistance but the Bureau of Land Management is a potential source to provide assistance.

Dylan’s boots were found behind a dirt pile about five miles west of his farm on May 30th. The Box Elder Sheriff took custody of the boots and turned them over to Box Elder Detectives. The Box Elder Detective told Dylan’s mom that they found a drop of blood on one of the boots. We learned that the boots were not shipped to the laboratory until June 6th.
[..]

Dylan's maroon colored Ford 4x4 4-door pickup was found parked at the farm, freshly pressured washed on the outside and in the bed. The tires were also pressure washed and did not have any mud on them. Given the muddy roads from the thunderstorms the day prior, the pickup and pickup tires should have had a large amount of mud on them. This indicates that the truck and truck tires were pressure washed at the farm where the truck was found.
[..]

Elko County Sheriff's office not offering assistance but the Bureau of Land Management is a potential source to provide assistance.
This is not looking good at all, poor lad.

[..]

[..]

If someone drove the truck back there and washed it, how did they leave the farm? I imagine there would be footprints in that dusty road if someone tried walking all the way out. Or maybe it is too windy?

If someone drove the truck back there and washed it, how did they leave the farm? I imagine there would be footprints in that dusty road if someone tried walking all the way out. Or maybe it is too windy?
On the FB page they've said that the amount of water has caused the ground around the truck to have smoothed out, so no tracks or footprints.

Do we think this possibly indicates involvement of more than one person? Seems to have been a well executed process to me

I am unfamiliar with the area but is it walkable, for example could someone have dropped the vehicle off there and then walked back to town/populated area by foot? Or did they have someone pick them up? It still doesn't account for Dylan though

He is only 19, so they must serve food, or he couldn't be in there, legally anyway. Did he meet up w/someone there or just run into someone and befriend them?
Reading the local reviews, one talks about Bingo every Saturday. So if they serve food, this may be more of a social gathering place than a typical bar. I want to know what time he was there, which of course wasn't mentioned. I swear reporters these days ... Nate Eaton needs to jump on this case!!

Another thing, wonder if anyone noticed what shoes he was wearing?

ETA - after reading what his Mom said - I'm convinced Dylan met with foul play. I'm putting two and two together regarding a potential POI, it all makes sense now. IMO, LE is building a case against someone as we speak.

Last edited:
Here's the new official missing poster.

Very curious what they're farming out there. I've driven past big alfalfa farms on the CA/Nevada border and there are actual plants present. The aerial for this area appears to be all desert. Cattle?
I’ve known Dylan for a few years . The farm he purchased in lucin was Barron dessert up till around 2020 when Dylan tore out the dessert and put up irrigation equipment. It won’t show on aerial unless it’s up to date . You can see in the fox13 report the video of the irrigation pivots .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member