Found Deceased UT - Elizabeth Laguna Salgado, 26, Provo, 16 Apr 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
November? You'd think they could have immediately ruled out Elena then. :twocents:

The family of missing Las Vegas woman Susana Villalvazo says they have new information from police.

They say Las Vegas police informed them that a witness reportedly saw the 46-year-old woman's step-father, 75-year-old Samuel Teran, loading a large gray suitcase into his SUV on the day she went missing. It was wrapped in white plastic and secured with tape.

Meanwhile, Red Rock Search and Rescue was out again on Monday night, following up on a tip. They said they were planning to search a remote area in the northeast part of the valley.

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/ktnv/ne...-missing-Las-Vegas-womans-case-282241981.html

This discovery fits the prior details.

Now back to square one in the search for Elizabeth.

Another body found in Utah

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34508131&ni...riffs-office-says&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory

A body was discovered by a mountain biker on the East Ogden Bench Monday morning, investigators said.

To be honest, I do not think that this is Elizabeth. The article states:
"It does appear the body has been on the hillside for some time," a statement from the sheriff's office reads. "Cause of death, gender and identity of the person has yet to be determined."

I am thinking possibly Joshua Easley. Or maybe one of the three men missing from SLC (Danny Gallegos, 35 & Braden Emerson, 23, Levi Collins, 34)

Good grief. A dumping site?

Reward posted in case of missing Provo woman
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2475562-155/reward-posted-in-case-of-missing

How many bodies are out there?!?

I don't mean to sound insensitive or morbid, but (imo) it is that time of year. Especially if a body has sat underneath snow & rain. But we have stayed pretty consistent, here in Utah at least, with these warm temps so its sadly not a huge surprise that these discoveries are happening.

Because there was a foul odor I do not believe this body has been there months or years.
It is a bit of a drive for it to be Elena... however the previous body was driven 6 hours from Nevada.
(Ogden is in an entirely different area than the last body was found, Ogden is Ethan Stacy territory.)
So who really knows. I just hope it resolves a missing persons case and doesn't open a new case!

The body, which was found in thick oak brush by a man mountain biking on the Bonneville Shoreline Trail below the body, was transported to the medical examiner about 2:30 p.m. Police have not determined, as of Monday at 3 p.m., the name and age of the body.

“It’s been a difficult crime scene as far as getting access to it and processing it,” said Weber County Sheriff's Sgt. Lane Findlay.

Richard Thorsted, 71, hikes in the area several times each week and said that the terrain is steep. The man’s dog smelled and found the body in thick oak brush above a hiking trail.

http://www.standard.net/Police/2015/05/04/Unidentified-body-found-along-Mountain-Road.html

Judging by where the body was found and how difficult it was to gain access to it, this sounds more like a hiking accident or maybe a fall from a cliff above.

I doubt this is going to be her.

I did run a search here on Websleuths for "missing Ogden, Utah"........no females are coming up as being missing recently. There could be numerous reasons for this, the biggest being that the victim didn't live in that area.

On March 23rd, Elizabeth Salgado moved to Provo, Utah to learn English after serving a mission in Mexico for the Mormon Church.

The 26-year-old had received a scholarship to the Nomen Global Language Center. Family members say she was ready and excited for the new adventure.

But on April 16th, Elizabeth disappeared.

Esaldago.jpg

esaldago2.jpg
Salgado's parents do not speak English, but family spokeswoman Sylvia Haro told NBC Elizabeth's mother stated Friday, ""I forgive the person that has her if he has done something to her. But let her go free."

Classmates say they last saw her after class that afternoon as she headed home to her apartment, about 18 blocks from the school. Since then, there has no activity on her cellphone or bank accounts.

"I believe somebody took her by force," Rudemberth Salgado, Saldago's uncle, said at a recent press conference. "I know right now she is praying for us to rescue her."

The case has now attracted national attention, in part due to the efforts of Elizabeth Smart and her father, Ed. Elizabeth, now 27, was kidnapped from her home in Salt Lake City, Utah in 2002 and held captive for nine months before being rescued.

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/hundreds-continue-search-elizabeth-salgado-n353446

The latest from NBC News. The more media coverage the better, somebody had to have seen her get into a car with someone that afternoon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back