UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want her charged with? I thought she was told the child had a peanut allergy and I guess there are some people who might not question that.

Is there anyone in the family who would have thought this would end up in torture and murder? His mother looked devastated to me. I'm aware that I looks at crimes different from most here, I look at the perp and hold the perp 100% responsible and I don't like to share that among others. Makes me very unpopular - sorry, but that's the way I've always been, and I am entitled to my opinion!moo mho

Why shouldn't everyone responsible be held responsible. Is there a limit on how many people can be charged per crime?

No one said you aren't entitled to your opinion. lol.

eyes, if I saw a child with a swollen face like that, I wouldn't say oh well it probably won't end up in torture and murder, I would call 911 immediately.
Is

So would I! Was this the first time his mom met the child? We don't know if she questioned her son about the bruises. For all we know she did, and was told he had an accident with his bike, ran into a door, or who knows what. FOR NOW, I need to focus on getting the right charges for Stephanie and Nate. That's my goal and that's where my energy goes. MOO MHO and all that stuff!!!

Oh sorry - what do people want Nathan's mother charged with? Honestly, do people think she is really responsible for the murder of Ethan? moo

I don't want her charged with anything right now. I want her questioned.

If she saw that baby's swollen and battered face, and did nothing, than yes, I feel she is in part morally responsible for Ethan's murder.

We have too many battered and murdered babies and children because people who knew the child was in danger didn't do anything to help them.

KSL showing live from Farmington (outside of Layton). Large crowd beginning to gather outside courthouse.

http://www.fox13now.com/
as of 30 minutes ago SA's office has not decided on exact charges

sloops defense atty met with both of the sloops this morning

high security at the court house

first appearance at 1300 utah time

Here you go nursie:

WARNING: GRAPHIC AND DISTURBING.
Thought I would bring the time line forward for the members and guests - not sure we can believe much of what Stephanie has told.
Ethan's slow deterioration time-line of hell! 4th revision.

May 1st - Sunday
Ethan leaves dad and flies to Utah to be with mom Stephanie

May 4th - Tuesday
First of many cell phone pictures mom takes of abuse over the days. Picture of Ethan with large, notable, area of swelling to jaw and face.

May5th - Wednesday
Nate's mom visits - says all is fine
Nate takes Ethan in bedroom to punish and beats child around head area; face begins to swell.
Ethan's father, Joe Stacey, told his son was unavailable to talk as he had done in prior days.

Between May 5 and May 8
Ethan "exhibits signs and symptoms of a possible head injury or brain swelling due to a head injury,"

"Stephanie Sloop told police Tuesday while being interviewed about her son's death. Ethan did not eat well, was vomiting, lethargic and exhibited non-responsive behavior, according to the reports.

May 6th - Thursday

Ethan locked in bedroom while Stephanie and Nate marry; door knob taken off. Nate and Stephanie leave child in bedroom due to swelling and bruises.

Over the next several days, Ethan got progressively ill, police said Stephanie Sloop told detectives. He was vomiting, running a fever and would not eat. The couple forced the boy to drink two 16 oz. bottles of water, a bottle of KoolAid and orange juice in a two-hour period, police wrote in the jail statement. (from warrant of probable cause). Motrin and Benadryl were given for the swelling and Nate gave Benadryl so Ethan would stay quiet.

Thurs May 6 or Fri May 7:
Neighbor recalls seeing Stephanie walking away from the apartment seemingly agitated and stopping to look back at the apartment several times. A short time later Nathan followed her, put his hands on her face in a manner leading the neighbor to believe he was asking she please listen to him.

May 7th - Friday
Nate calls Stephanie to inform her Ethan is badly burned on hands, feet, and legs up to buttox area from running water in bath (claims Ethan turned on hot water). Stephanie finds human feces in child's mouth. Stephanie brushes Ethan's teeth until his gums bleed.

May 8th - Saturday
Child continues to suffer from scald burns and head injuries. Blood and vomit found in child's bed. Stephanie needs to wash bed sheets.

'Stephanie told us that on 05/08/2010 Ethan smeared his feces on the bathroom wall and on Nate."

May 9th - Sunday (Mother's Day)
Ethan is found dead in bed

Ethan wrapped in garbage bags with tape, brought to Powder Mountain area for burial. Hammer used to disfigure facial features and teeth of Ethan. Stephanie buys 2 cans lighter fluid to destroy evidence.

May 10th (Monday)
Late in day Stephanie reports child missing Make up story about child leaving the apt. 5x in in last 10 days in middle of night.

May 11th (Tuesday)
LE finds child buried - teeth and face smashed in with hammer, lighter fluid used to destroy evidence.

Please let me know of any additions or deletions. TIA
Thanks to all of you with suggestions for additions/corrections - used every one of them.

Warrant of Probable Cause: Most of the time-line comes from this document. Quotes, and LE media releases.
http://www.fox13now.com/media/acroba...5/537292

http://www.fox13now.com/
-introducing everyone
-applauding work on case
-CART team leader there as well/was deeply involved in death investigation
-sorry for ethan's family's loss
-le mourns with them
-thanks to public for help, outreach, etc
-process will be as transparent as possible
-some things they cannot talk about
-innocent until guilty
-file most serious charges and penalties
-probable cause that both suspects commited the crime of murder
-

Presser notes:

deeply sorry for ethan's family's loss
we mourn with them

appreciate comments from hundreds of citizens
grateful for that outreach

would like to make process transparent as possible
constrained by ethical rules of conduct
concerned for privacy of ethan's family
sloops entitled to presumption of innocence

probable cause for murder for BOTH of them!

still investigating other charges but probable cause for murder for both of the sloop monsters

What do you want her charged with? I thought she was told the child had a peanut allergy and I guess there are some people who might not question that.

Is there anyone in the family who would have thought this would end up in torture and murder? His mother looked devastated to me. I'm aware that I looks at crimes different from most here, I look at the perp and hold the perp 100% responsible and I don't like to share that among others. Makes me very unpopular - sorry, but that's the way I've always been, and I am entitled to my opinion!moo mho

I understand what you're saying, but I see it differently.

Nathan has been in and out of jail for years. He's been through a divorce, with accusations of abuse.

Either his mother has complete blinders on, or she's been protecting him. I believe mothering doesn't end when your child turns 18; you are there for their entire life, to kick them in the butt and help them straighten out.

IMO, it's obvious there's a favored son (based on the website she promotes) and one who shall not be mentioned (NS). Remember, she said "these two people".

In the words of the favored son: "Witness Idea: An appliance breaks in the house...we could cry...or we might be able to see it as a Devine Appointment to share JESUS with the repair man or woman or to invite them to Church!"

How about THIS instead, years ago:
"Witness Idea: My brother has problems ... I could cry ... but instead, I use it as an opportunity to engage the family to help him with his life, to break the chain of addiction, to help him treat his wife and own child with respect, and to lose the anger."

don't take probable cause statements as the bible... there has been other information found in the case/evidence, etc

Yes.......NO BAIL.......AGGRAVATED MURDER FOR BOTH!!!!!!

Name: SLOOP, STEPHANIE CHRISTINE
Booking Date: 05/11/2010 Tuesday
Arresting Agency: LAYTON PD
Housing Unit: Lima

Charges
State Statute Court Bail Fine Type
ABUSE OR DESECRATION OF A HUMAN BODY Farmington District Court $0.00 No Bail
OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE Farmington District Court $0.00 N/A
CHILD ABUSE Farmington District Court $0.00 N/A

This page was last updated at approximately: 11:05:31 on 05/14/2010
Using data updated at approximately: 10:59:34 on 05/14/2010
This page probably won't be updated again before: 14:05:31 on 05/14/2010

I did think that also, but for me.....it is the reality that she watched and did nothing as her son was brutally beaten...and when it was over...she helped her sons murderer bury his body.

http://www.fox13now.com/media/acrobat/2010-05/53729228.pdf

She had the opportunity to save his life...she made a concious choice not too. She should be accountable for this. (my opinion only)

agg murder (both) (capital, LWOP, 20 with possibility of parole) need to get ducks in a row

child abuse
obstruction of justice
desecration of a human corpse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads