UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
im so happy to see they are both being charged with poor Ethans murder, hell is too good for them, RIP sweet baby boy, made me sick as to what they have done to this child:furious:

Reporter asking if they feel Stephanie is just as responsible as Nathan. Prosecutor says there is a "massive information of evidence above and beyond the statements" that Stephanie is just as responsible.

I will NEVER be able to understand how a mother could do this. Why is there such "disconnect" with some women?? I cannot fathom ALLOWING/PARTICIPATING IN such horrific torture of my child! WTH???

The problem with family court, IMO, often comes from adults who are in the middle of a divorce often lie and invent claims against one another to get custody or more support, etc...judge get used to hearing from one parent how the child won't be safe or cared for by the other. It mut be very difficult to determine when there is a legit concern vs. a vindictive accusation. That said, it would be ideal if all custody and visitation issues were put on hold while such claims are investigated. Still, one would have to provide evidence in court, not opinions, for a judge to prevent a biological parent from having visitation rights. It is a catch-22, IMO, and even Ethan's father is quoted in one article as having said he had met NS once and thought he was a nice enough guy. As far as SS goes, she does not seem to have a criminal history to point at prior to this week. So the judge's hands were probably tied.

I simply don't know what could have been done, legally, to protect this child. The system fails far too often. But the blame and punishment must be attributed to the two adults in this case who tortured and killed Ethan, something that IMO no one could have imagined would occur. JMO.

Very well put.

It's so frustrating, looking back and seeing all the cracks Ethan eventually slipped through. We want to go back and caulk up all the weak spots so it will never happen again.

But we do have to remember...The system is supposed to be designed to eliminate failure, but humans implement the system, and sadly, humans and their best judgment will never be fail-safe.

STILL...

I think we all will keep striving for better prevention and certain justice. As frustrating and heartbreaking as all this is, we can't stop trying.

I'm right here with the others that will be here until the end!

I've read every post on all three threads... even though I don't post a lot, I'm not going anywhere.

Justice for Ethan.

From nitasch tweet link

They will be in court again May 28

Reporter Winslows tweet says NS was sobbing in court. I have no words.

I'm right here with the others that will be here until the end!

I've read every post on all three threads... even though I don't post a lot, I'm not going anywhere.

Justice for Ethan.

Ditto here!!! I am a prayer warrior, not such a good sleuther, but I am here for the duration until Ethan has whatever justice this world can offer.

The reporter also said that SS looked scared... She should be... Just think of how scared Ethan was while they were doing this to him!!

Where was this 's fear while her baby was lying there dying? (oh yeah.. that's right.. her fear was that she would be arrested...) Why wasn't she scared for poor Ethan? :rage:

And NS is crying? Good! Too bad he isn't crying for the same reason that I bet Ethan cried for. (imo.. he's crying at the thought that those big ol bikers would show him what abuse really is...)

Hmmm...

(Please don't throw things at me.)

I loathe NS and SS just as much as everyone else, and I have pretty strong feelings about the punishment I'd like for them to endure, BUT...

...there's a link on the Fox News site: Facebook: Form a mob to execute Nathan Sloop and Stephanie Sloop.

Just wanted to express my opinion on this...I don't like seeing something like that listed on an official news source. There are appropriate forums for things like that, but I just don't think a news website is the place for it. I (for the most part) trust news sources to be relatively fair and impartial, because that's what journalism is supposed to do. But posting this link?? I'm just not comfortable with it.

ETA link: http://www.fox13now.com/news/ethans...ainst-sloops-ethan-stacy-case,0,1137183.story

2zz4xab.jpg

Everytime I see that picture I feel more rage and violence than I have ever felt!!! I SO want to pull that switch!!!!!(Or the trigger!)

Once again, this case reminds me so much of Shaniya's...both with pictures showing their last little moments, in the arms of their killers...trusting.

I admit I can be such a petty person. It is one of the many faults I must struggle with to grow into a better person.

But I have to say that I am glad they are afraid and crying. I'm glad the public went to the initial court appearance. I'm glad BACA was there.

I further admit that I hope they never have a moments peace for the rest of their lifes.

http://twitter.com/BenWinslow

Security inside courtroom was very heavy

There was a report on Fox this AM that the police were very concerned for the safety of NS and SS. They should be. I have spoken to multiple men that are more than willing to have a "chat" with NS.

My hubby was filled in on the case by our friend who is related to JS last night and he could not hear anymore of the details...he said there is no punishment that will fit this crime.....but then suggested letting NS spend some quality time with his (hubby's) football team.

This is fitting.....

It was a nice sunny day here, up until court time rolled around. Suddenly the sky went dark, a massive storm cloud over Davis County, thunder, and now a downpour of rain.

k, making myself cry, I will end it at that.

The problem with family court, IMO, often comes from adults who are in the middle of a divorce often lie and invent claims against one another to get custody or more support, etc...judge get used to hearing from one parent how the child won't be safe or cared for by the other. It mut be very difficult to determine when there is a legit concern vs. a vindictive accusation.

Snipped by me for length....

Someone on another board posted a great idea. Public funding for lawyers that represent ONLY the child in divorce/custody proceedings. Not the dad's attorney, not the mom's attorney - an attorney that is looking out solely for the best interest of the child. I think that is a great idea. That person would have to talk with both parents and if there is animosity, accusations, etc. to then go a little further and get other opinions from family, neighbors, co-workers. Criminal background checks on new boyfriends/girlfriends.

RIP Ethan. I am so sorry this happened to you. Joe -- please know that many many people are thinking of you, praying for you, and wishing there was a way to dull the pain.

This is fitting.....

It was a nice sunny day here, up until court time rolled around. Suddenly the sky went dark, a massive storm cloud over Davis County, thunder, and now a downpour of rain.

k, making myself cry, I will end it at that.

That's just showing what God thinks of these people. Even he's weeping for Ethan. Too bad lightening didn't strike them when they walked into the court house...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member