UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

I've been here every minute since I heard this on Tuesday. Read every post on all 3 threads and every new report I can find. I work full time and it is hard to post and participate as much as I'd like. While reading the facebook pages I ran across this post and thought it was beautiful. It brought tears to my eyes as so many other things have with this case. I wanted to share it with all of you.....

Daddy’s (Joe) little man: Hold close your children’s love, never let them go. For one spring day, the tenth of May Ethan’s name we’d know. His life was taken far to soon, a special soul is he. With m...any tears, we shake our heads, and ask how could this be?. How can a mother, allow another, to harm an innocent child? Who only loves, gives you hugs and wants to make you smile. Without a voice he told us all, what he had been through, his short lived life impacts us all in his name we’re true. We’ll see this through, till the end, justice will be done. You stole our hearts, little man, each and everyone.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122374551115521&v=wall

I always feel like the biggest party pooper around, but I think that was some serious bad judgment.

Why? If it really was a "happy meal" with food inside, all the local stray cats, dogs, and mice would be attracted to that memorial and scavenge through it.

Then, the apartment management (who aren't very happy about all the publicity), will have an excuse to remove everything.
just my opinion, but all the kind gestures are very humbling. This case has touched the nation.

One thing I wanted to add…. although I am sick that Stephanie documented
the abuse using her cell phone… I also want to tell her THANK YOU! That may
just be the evidence that will bring them both to justice and prove to a jury
that he did in fact die from their abuse and may be just what a jury needs to
see to vote for their death!

Absolutely.

There's such a thing as "pure evil", and we've seen it. It's the perfect storm of what happens when pure evil meets its match, and a helpless child is caught in the middle.

How can ANYONE believe they can move to another city (Las Vegas, as SS did) and get a job as a cop right away? That's delusional, as is someone 5'3" tall believing they can be a model.

Ailina I'm gonna be right here with you!!!! Till the end!!!

Agree with you 100%.

I was afraid to fall asleep last night because this case was on my mind...Not sure I can ever erase the details from my head. I cannot even begin to fathom what Joe and his family are going through.

I was afraid to fall asleep too. It is hardest at night when you are in bed and your mind can be quiet and there is nothing to distract you from thoughts you don't want to think.

I cried a lot for Ethan. And I woke at 4am, not able to fall asleep again, thinking of a little boy I'll never meet.

just my opinion, but all the kind gestures are very humbling. This case has touched the nation.

I agree. No memorial -- no matter how small, large, or "unorthodox" -- should be turned away.

Sidenote: It would be really great if someone were to volunteer to tend to the memorial (or a volunteer for the memorials at each site), collecting items at the end of the day and transporting them to a safe storage spot (perhaps donated by someone or a local business?). A very small way to help, but it would help such a great deal.

I can find no fault in a makeshift memorial, or items left by a community that is grieving for a family. Even if the items left seem impractical. It's the message behind the item left that counts.

I have never seen but one family (the Anthony's) that opposed or were upset by the outpouring of love and empathy from a community.

I can't speak for Ethan's family. I certainly can't speak from a place of experience about having a child murdered. But IMHO I'm sure that the outpouring of love and support that Ethan's family isf getting will eventually provide a measure of comfort in the long days, months and years ahead. Perhaps they will be able one day to look back and see how much we all cared and feel a comfort at our expressions of such. Maybe not. But it's there to provide that comfort if needed.

Although I have never been involved in a situation like this, I have been involved with support of family members that have lost a son/daughter/spouse to sudden unexpected deaths. It has been my experience in those cases that after some time has passed in the grieving process they find a comfort in hearing how much other's miss and are sorry for the loss of their loved one. JMHO.

Just sharing an alternate view point.

(snipped)

I have never seen but one family (the Anthony's) that opposed or were upset by the outpouring of love and empathy from a community.

Susan Powell's husband (who is widely suspected of being responsible for her disappearance and murder) took down her memorials, too. He even went to his homeowner's association to protest "Missing" flyers neighbors had posted in his neighborhood.

Didn't Drew Peterson take down memorials, too?

Those cases are much, much different. I agree, the families and friends really need to know they're not alone.

And it benefits the community, too. Everyone is suffering together, and seeing the memorials there is a reminder everyone is standing together in solidarity, alert and aware of this horrible crime. The community is saying, "We suffered this loss, too, and we're not going to stand for it."

Nate's mom would probably be an excellent witness for the prosecution!!! Not so much if she is a convicted felon. moo

Eyes, my mistake! I confused your reference to "mom" as SS and not NS's mom. You are right, at this point the sole people directly responsible should be accountable. I cannot imagine what Ethan's extended family, grandparents, siblings, even teachers, are going through...

At first I didn't want to read the facts about this case, because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to take hearing about another child (angel) who had been tortured and killed by the people who were suppose to love him the most. I decided to muster enough courage to read about Ethan, because he deserves for his ordeal to be known. If I can barely stomach reading about the horror and pain he went through I can only imagine what it must have been like for him to endure such abuse. RIP, little one. Your killers will be brought to justice!

I was afraid to fall asleep too. It is hardest at night when you are in bed and your mind can be quiet and there is nothing to distract you from thoughts you don't want to think.

I cried a lot for Ethan. And I woke at 4am, not able to fall asleep again, thinking of a little boy I'll never meet.

I'm actually almost afraid to cry... as if once the tears start they won't stop.

I am so horrified by this crime, I can not get the thought or image out of my mind of Nathans rage continuing on that child after he was gone.

I can't imagine as a mother, marrying the man who did that to my son.

I can't imagine any man who truly loves a woman to not see a child she has as an extension of her - the person he loves.

I can't imagine 'my man' asking me to bring lighter fluid to a place he had desecrated and buried my child.....

and then I can't begin to imagine spending the next 24 hours or so concocting a story to decieve LE about his disappearance.

Ethan was only 4 years old. My son is 7.5... I LOVED when my son was 4.
I remember cuddling with him all the time, hugging him, giving him kisses and telling him someday he wasn't going to want me to hug and kiss him so much anymore... and he promised that would NEVER happen. I knew in a few years it would... and jokingly mentioned it to him again recently. His reply was but mom, I was only 4 then and didn't know what I was saying.

Kids at 4 are amazing. They are inquisitive, interested in everything, so trusting and so forgiving.

So much was taken away from not only Ethan, but so very many people who loved him.

What is sad, is all it would have taken was a little patience. Some space and understanding to allow Ethan to get used to his new environment and the new man in his mothers life. Yet those to flippin pigs were so caught up in themselves and their expectations of Ethan there was no room for Ethan.

Honestly, this is one of the reasons I refuse to date as a single parent. Life is too short. I want to be selfish and not take my time away from my child while he is young. They are young for such a short amount of time... There will be plenty of time to meet someone and fall in love, or not, after my son is an adult.

I think the short lived 'relief' that both of those monsters will be charged with aggrevated murder let off enough of my 'stress' that only one of them would, it kind of let everything else fall into reality for me... and now I know I am going to be bawling like crazy on and off the rest of the day. I haven't slept well in 2 days because of this case.

If Ethans murder is this stressful and awful to us, strangers to him, I can't even begin to understand what his family is going through. I can only pray they have each other to remain strong and Ethans daddy finds strength in living for his two older children.

God bless them..... :(

Eyes, my mistake! I confused your reference to "mom" as SS and not NS's mom. You are right, at this point the sole people directly responsible should be accountable. I cannot imagine what Ethan's extended family, grandparents, siblings, even teachers, are going through...

No problem angie - easy to get mixed up when talking about the moms. My thinking is usually focused on the perp(s) responsible for the direct crime - that usually gets me into lots of trouble. lol Aside from my ways of thinking, I thought we weren't supposed to bring in peripheral family members or friends who had not been named by LE as POI or not focused on as part of the crime. And, according to my reading, Nate's mom has not been named as anything at this point - not a POI, accomplice, or anything other than just being the mom of a monster. moo

I hope that Ethan can look down from the safety and warmth of his Heaven to see how many people care and love him. And how they grieve for him and vow to do better. Ethan was alone in that room. He isn't alone anymore. I pray that he knows that.

I hope this event has a rippling affect on humanity:
More protective laws for children.
Harsher penalties for those who harm them.
A better support system to SEE and resolve the abuse.
And help and support for those who want to keep their children safe.

Given charges have not been filed yet will they still be in front of judge at 1 PM?

Ok here's my rant...I just read about this story. I had seen a blurb about it the other day but didn't read into it. For the love of God when are we as a society going to protect our children? WHEN? The justice system failed this father who told a judge he was concerned. Ethan was an innocent child and his wishes should have been heard. I'm so sick of hearing how people get caught with small amounts of marijuana (for lack of a better example..not that I condone illegal drugs of any kind)and get years in prison but child molesters and other offenders get out in record time. Its unbelievable to me. Noone wants to protect our chidren. I have a 4 yr old son. I look at him and think of all the love I have for him and how he is so loved by his big brothers and sister..loved by all. This poor little boy who had no voice to defend himself, nobody to help him as this was happening to him. The one person...his birthmother who should be his protector contributed to his death! I'm just speechless. There are no words. The only thing that comes to my mind that these two are a waste of human flesh, they don't deserve to breathe the same air as myself. I'm so sorry for the loss this family has been dealt. Little Ethan and Caylee are up in Heaven playing together and being kids.

I'm sorry if this rant offends anyone..that is not my intention...I am just so sick and tired of seeing all of these children being harmed. Where is their voice?

B.A.C.A is there!!!!! per Ben Winslow tweet! That is fantastic, I only wish NS and SS would have to do a perp walk in front of them! Not so tough now huh Nate??

The problem with family court, IMO, often comes from adults who are in the middle of a divorce often lie and invent claims against one another to get custody or more support, etc...judge get used to hearing from one parent how the child won't be safe or cared for by the other. It mut be very difficult to determine when there is a legit concern vs. a vindictive accusation. That said, it would be ideal if all custody and visitation issues were put on hold while such claims are investigated. Still, one would have to provide evidence in court, not opinions, for a judge to prevent a biological parent from having visitation rights. It is a catch-22, IMO, and even Ethan's father is quoted in one article as having said he had met NS once and thought he was a nice enough guy. As far as SS goes, she does not seem to have a criminal history to point at prior to this week. So the judge's hands were probably tied.

I simply don't know what could have been done, legally, to protect this child. The system fails far too often. But the blame and punishment must be attributed to the two adults in this case who tortured and killed Ethan, something that IMO no one could have imagined would occur. JMO.

B.A.C.A is there!!!!! per Ben Winslow tweet! That is fantastic, I only wish NS and SS would have to do a perp walk in front of them! Not so tough now huh Nate??

That's the best news I've heard all day. I hope they give him the stare down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9