UT - Gwyneth Paltrow sued over ski collision at Deer Valley Resort in 2016 - trial, March 2023 *GP Not Guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Asked about physical pains, problems etc and he says he doesn’t understand the question. Counsel leads by asking about balance issues. He confirms he doesn’t have balance issues anymore.

What is important is what the medical record says about objective findings regarding his alleged injuries. He can say anything he wants up there on the stand, but does any doctor or test confirm his alleged "deficits", a word he is fond of using. Most people do not use terms like "deficits", which is more of a medical term than a layman's term.

Last edited:
Even if I give him the benefit of the doubt and believe his version of events. This was an accident. So far the issues he has testified to due to this accident are : temporary loss of balance, he got lost once on the way home, his daughters were sobbing after their testimony, communication with Jenny is hard, he had to tell his ex to leave after 8 months bc he didn’t want her to be his nursemaid….

His atty promised to do this direct in under one hour. We’re pretty much at one hour now. Maybe 10-15 mins left after the break. So we’re done with the life altering issues he’s faced! That was it!! You want 3 million for that????? GIVE ME A BREAK!!

He certainly does have a dramatic flair. I believe TS is an opportunist taking advantage of an accident. He got himself too deep into mischaracterizing the facts in this incident and probably now believes his own lies.
MOO

Just have to say, as much as this female attorney has made of Terry’s height compared to GP, I am going to guess that Terry has a good 30-40 pounds on GP at the time of the accident. He testified he was about 163 bs.

ETA: Now on cross, Owens is saying that in Terry’s depo, he said he was 5’8” and 175-180 lbs.

Last edited:
I think too much is being made about GP's testimony during dep that muddled thought process while trying to process the skies coming between hers and a body pressed against her back. I don't think she was saying for a minute she thought TS tried to assault her sexually or otherwise.

I think she was explaining that in that initial first few moments her brain was cycling through possible explanations for why she felt someone bump her from behind, a body pressing into the length of hers, her legs being forced apart due to his skies coming between hers and a male sounding grunt from directly behind. If I am not mistaken she also considered a prank as a option in those split seconds.

I am at work and unable to follow testimony today. I really want to later catch up on Ramon's testimony and Terry's - maybe this evening I can give a listen

Wow. Terry says “I was flying, I am absolutely flying….”

His attorney tries to clarify his answer - “-now, you’re not airborne?….”

he replies “well, it….all I saw was a whole lot of snow & I didn’t see the sky but I was flying (pause) in that sense…..”

Wonder what the jury is thinking

JMO, but Terry seems to be playing the poor pitiful me … that is possessed by something that inhabited his body (his words) when questioned why people don’t want to be around him.

He had a cataract removed from his left eye “after” the accident … cataracts can seriously damage your vision (before surgery), maybe not seeing well on the slopes?

Recess until 1:30, 3:30 EST

Last edited:
Wow. Terry says “I was flying, I am absolutely flying….”

His attorney tries to clarify his answer - “-now, you’re not airborne?….”

he replies “well, it….all I saw was a whole lot of snow & I didn’t see the sky but I was flying (pause) in that sense…..”

Wonder what the jury is thinking
I doubt the jury is buying TS's testimony.

Probably wasn’t the best answer to “how did affect you/what were your injuries?”

And the FIRST thing he says is about being unable to ski again. Doesn’t exactly start strong the argument of “this Upended his entire life, his work, his home life, his personal life, his everything” when you start with that, let alone the fact that being unable to do an activity anymore doesn’t necessarily = injury.

His attorneys are trying hard to get him to voice the other effects and damage though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unique sky 6793