UT UT - Howard Stone, 64, went hiking, Goblin Valley State Park, 10 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Aug 22

Stone’s daughter, Jessica Church, spoke to the immense effort that has gone into searching for her father.

“Everywhere you’d go, even in the most random places that were so far off the path, you’d see footprints of other people that had already searched there, which was just so good for our hearts but also disappointing that they hadn’t found him,” she said.

“Once I got out there and you see how vast it is and how big of an area it is, it makes a lot more sense — even with helicopters and planes and everything — why they haven’t been able to find him,” Church said.

She said the Emery County Sheriff’s Office is planning another search this weekend. She believes they may focus on searching near the riverbed, however, she said the area has been so thoroughly searched she does not know where else to look.

It's possible he had some kind of fall or injury or just got lost. My guess is he would have taken cover under one of the "goblins" formations or a cave somewhere to stay out of the heat/sun. Unfortunately that would make it much harder to spot him with drones or a helicopter. Especially if he's succumbed to conditions or is unconscious or otherwise unable to move out in the open if he hears drones, searchers, choppers etc.

Sharing this vid just to give anyone interested a good look of the terrain, dangers, challenges searchers are facing in this case. This is like searching for a needle in a haystack and I sure hope this man is found safe and soon. If this link is not ok, I understand it being removed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kat1970
Back