Found Deceased UT - Kayelyn Louder, 30, Murray, 27 September 2014

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The "mound" is nothing but a large rock formation.

KL's condo building runs along behind that rock and for a ways along the parking lot.

There is a walkway behind the rock that leads to the entrance to the condo building.

There are only a few cameras in the plan.

Some cameras have been installed by the HOA and some by tenants.

That particular camera is installed at the end of a row of attached double-width garage buildings.

That end is located just in front of the only entrance / exit to that parking lot.

The camera is aimed to capture a view of the entire parking lot (it is not 'aimed at the rock').

LE has interviewed the owners of the vehicles that appear in the video clips.

The roommate owns a red car. She parks it in the fourth garage.

The red car that appears (only it's tail light and trunk are seen) to the left in one of the surveillance videos does not belong to the roommate.

A friend sent a text msg. to KL either that day or the day before KL went missing. The friend also lives in the condo plan, around the corner and somewhere near the bottom of the hill (think of an L-shape from KL's condo exit and the location of the bottom of the hill ..out the condo building, down the road to a right-turn and down a hill ...this is a relatively short distance - 180' or less).

KL called that friend's phone the day she went missing but there was no answer. The friend was not home. The friend regrets not being there and has assisted in searches, etc. One speculation includes KL may have headed to that friend's house since she did not answer the phone. No evidence (yet?) supports that theory.

A reflection appears at the lower left in "surveillance video #2". The reflection could be from the sky or could be a vehicle parked just out of frame.

A creek runs through the condo plan property a one block from KL's condo building. There was heavy rain on and off that day and the creek was reported as high. LE checked a grate in the creek. LE and searchers also have walked the length of the creek. AFAIK nothing was found.

LE has interviewed tenants throughout the condo plan. LE has also run cadaver dogs through the plan seven or eight days after KL went missing. They did the same on later days. No hits AFAIK.

Family and friends have been searching throughout the surrounding area, within and outside of the condo plan.

KL is missing but there is no evidence that she left the condo plan property but that does not preclude that KL could have been spirited away in a vehicle.

Given her behavior that day as reported by LE (911 calls and in-person experience) and from what has been reported by her roommate KL may be either "delusional" or "confused". But note that KL's mother reported she had spoken with KL that day and she sounded fine. There is a tragic back-story the L family has experienced that may or may not be relevant to KL's alleged behavior described that day.

Surveillance videos may be viewed at this link: http://www.ksl.com/?sid=31889543&ni...alls-released-family-turns-to-public-for-help

Not snipping one word of this post. :goodpost:

In my opinion, I think if she was running to get away from someone or in a panic, I think she would have taken the dog with her. I don't believe she intended on staying outside to long with no shoes on. I think if she intended on leaving she would have taken the dog too. I think someone took her, that is my opinion on this case.

Has anybody bothered looking under the big rock !!??

:nevermind:

In my opinion, I think if she was running to get away from someone or in a panic, I think she would have taken the dog with her. I don't believe she intended on staying outside to long with no shoes on. I think if she intended on leaving she would have taken the dog too. I think someone took her, that is my opinion on this case.

I agree 100%

Can someone remind me about the tragic backstory that ChuckMaureen mentioned at the end of her excellent recent post?
Did KL have a sibling that passed away?

Just by there on Monday. The octagonal buildings are the vented if 3 baseball diamonds. The area by the condos is secluded and wooded. Cottonwood Creek is really close and frequently has a swift current. East of the condos is the Murray City Cemetaty.

Slightly off topic...........but.......

CNN, HLN Layoffs Underway: Jane Velez-Mitchell Out, Entertainment Unit Disbanded

Turner Broadcasting layoffs hit CNN and HLN on Tuesday, with HLN host Jane Velez-Mitchell as the first talent casualty, multiple individuals with knowledge of the situation confirmed to TheWrap. Mitchell's self-titled show has been canceled and her entire staff is also out.

https://tv.yahoo.com/news/cnn-massi...ment-unit-disbanded-developing-191800346.html

I don't know how many of you have heard this yet, but HLN just cancelled Jane Velez Mitchell's show. I'm not sure when it is supposed to be taken off the air.

If I was the roommate, I would not talk to anybody about this except the police at the police station. Too many people are dumping on the roommate. Not all roommates are best friends. Sometimes it is just a business relationship with pleasantries thrown in. MOO

Locally, occasionally I read stories very similar to hers in our little newspaper. No disappearances yet. Usually, they are related to bath salts or meth here. Colorado has all the new pot treats and everyone reacts differently. MOO

I agree, I dont think the roommate had anything to do with it. I have lived in situations where I have had roommates who are just that, we werent friends who hung out everyday or knew where each other was 24/7, barely even texted them and didnt let them know when I was going out for a few days. It was just needing to rent a room somewhere and not being able to afford to live on my own. We were friendly but not all room mates are besties who should know your every move or think its suspicious if you havent returned home for a certain amount of time. Granted I dont know the extent of these 2's friendship. I think all the 911 calls shows it has more to do with her state of mind then anything else.

I have seen the bill board. They are really getting her face out there.
http://fox13now.com/2014/10/15/funds-raised-for-billboards-a-private-investigator-in-search-for-missing-woman/

For weeks volunteers have canvassed neighborhoods with fliers and showered social media feeds, and now those searching for a Kayelyn Louder are taking a new approach.

The group of friends behind the search have put up billboards on I-15 and are donating money to hire a private investigator.

I am disappointed with the lack of coverage this case is getting. The family seems to be doing all they can but it doesn't seem the media is helping much. Local news barely even talks about this. How does one just disappear into thin air? Where are you KL?

I am disappointed with the lack of coverage this case is getting. The family seems to be doing all they can but it doesn't seem the media is helping much. Local news barely even talks about this. How does one just disappear into thin air? Where are you KL?

That is why they haven't found her, the people that saw her walking down the street that day in the rain are not coming forward. Why ? Maybe they don't know she is missing, maybe they don't want to get involved. Whatever the case, people saw her skipping down the street barefoot that morning. If someone pulled up and offered her a ride, or if someone she knew pulled up and gave her a ride, someone would have seen it. This area is too populated and too busy for someone to easily conceal themselves for any great length of time.

If she disappeared on her own, then the only thought I have left at this time would be for the searchers to head back out and look UP.......into the top of the trees around there. I can't think of any other place where she could have hidden so thoroughly and undetected for the last 3 weeks.

No money ,clothes,food,friends ,transportation, communication after 3 weeks..either held against her will by someone shortly after she skipped out,is out of the media covering zone in the company of folks who don't know she is a missing person or she is deceased. For some reason I don't feel she is dead.

I live in the area that she went missing from. As in, just a few blocks away from her condo. Its true, the news coverage here has been awful. The billboards are up & do look great as well as being located in high traffic areas (freeways esp.) so i really do think that it would take her being in the company of someone who lives out of state, to be unaware that she is missing. Not to mention, that this is Utah. We just don't have alot of missing cases at once. BUT that is why I think the term or choice of words used - "mental break", which, granted, i agree or believe is what happened to her initially to cause her to go missing / head out the door running in the rain, has maybe caused the lack of attention this case needs. Its not "scary" enough, say like a kidnapper or stalker watching & than taking her. Look at the difference in coverage & general interest the Hannah Graham case is getting as opposed to Kayelyns. Even Elizabeth Smarts case garnered much more attention. But hers was also a more "scary" case. Man sneaks into her room at night, etc.

SO what do i think happened to Kayelyn? I think she took off & didn't make it far. I don't know if i think she even made it outside of her complex or within a 3/4 mile radius. There are other apartment complex's close to hers so maybe she made it to one of those. My biggest worry is what i had mentioned before, that she took off & was picked up & asked to be taken somewhere. That somewhere could of led to another state or a more dangerous "somewhere". It was raining. She had hardly anything on & maybe didn't seem as out of it as she truly was.... and... yea...

WHERE ARE YOU Kayelyn? WHERE are YOU?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne
Back