Found Deceased UT - Kayelyn Louder, 30, Murray, 27 September 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So sad about the whole situation. RIP and prayers to her family.

Kayelyn's body was found in the Jordan River ...approximately 6.5 miles (by car) north of her condo. The Jordan River flows north, the Little Cottonwood Creek flows in to the Jordan River. It seems Kayelyn probably has been in the river since close to the time / day(s) she went missing.

Prayers for Kaylelyn's family. Heartbreaking news.

:rose: Rest in peace Kayelyn

Such sad news :(
I wonder if she was disoriented and fell in? Can tox still be done?

Love to those who loved her xx

MOO!!

I guess we'll never really know what was going on with her that morning when she took off from her apartment. I was sort of hoping one day we would have an explanation of some kind what was going on with her that morning as well as the night before when the 911 calls were made. Bummer. At least now her family knows where she is..........maybe that is a little bit of comfort.

It remains unknown how or where she entered the water.
Louder’s family hired two private investigators who said the creek that runs through Louder’s condominium in Murray flows into the Jordan River.
The creek in that area had been searched.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=32591609&ni...as-kayelyn-louder&fm=home_page&s_cid=topstory

I guess that gate in the creek didn't block as well as they thought? Or she fell in past it.

Poor Kayelyn. :( I hope someone is taking good care of her beloved dog...

Just stopped in for an update and saw the news... So upsetting... I was really hoping for a better outcome. :(

Fwiw, on the 911 call her voice has a definite slur that goes with drugs, not mental illness. She almost certainly did not commit deliberate suicide but was probably looking for a specific type of place to escape to for a while and was not careful with the creek the way she normally would have been. From the video interview of her she seems overly empathic and people like that who do not have a private retreat to recharge their batteries will die early. Rip

That's just very sad :(

RIP Kayelyn!

Why does everybody seem to think she fell into the river? She could have been murdered.

May Kayelyn Louder rest in peace and her family, friends, and those she touched persist past their sorrow.

"A creek that connects to the Jordan River runs behind Louder’s home. However, because of how shallow it is, Robins does not believe her body would have traveled as far away as it was found, which totaled approximately five miles.

The family is now awaiting the autopsy report from the State Medical Examiner to learn a cause of death."

http://fox13now.com/2014/12/02/police-body-found-in-jordan-river-idd-as-kayelyn-louder/

:thinking:

Dangit. I really hope this was acc I dental somehow. The thought keeps crossing my mind though, that... what if there really was someone trying to harm her and her pleas for help weren't taken seriously. :( Such a sad day.

This is so sad.

I wish we knew what happened to her, but I don't think we ever will. At least her family knows where she is now, can bury her and grieve. A family touched by so much heartache. :(

So sad but I'm glad they can lay her to rest. Just seems that the coming holidays make things more difficult. Peaceful thoughts to the family.

I hate when I log in and see " found deceased".
RIP Katelyn.

I wish the person who saw her acting like someone was after her and hiding behind cars (If I remember correctly) would have helped her...

I made up a map showing the travel of the Little Cottonwood Creek all the way over to the Jordan river.

The map starts at her condo, winds along and shows the path of Cottonwood Creek until it joins with the Jordan.

At the Jordan River, the icons go North to the approximate area where she was found.

A rough scale of the map indicates the distance of Little Cottonwood Creek to where it matches up is about 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 miles.

From the Jordan River north to where she was found, scales about 2 1/2 miles. Overall distance from her condo- about 5 miles (+-) walking distance.

You can zoom the window in and out with the center wheel on your mouse. You will see how Cottonwood Creek zig-zags all over the place on it's way over to meet the Jordan River.

As you can see, it is quite a long distance, leaving me to wonder if maybe she walked for a good ways along Cottonwood creek the day she disappeared.

I don't know the exact location her body was discovered, but marked a major intersection of the river and highway somewhere around
3300 south 1200 West. which is the correct area according to news reports.

It seems almost incomprehensible that her body could have drifted that far with all the twists and turns along that creek, but it has been over two months since she disappeared, and there was plenty of rain to keep the creek bed full and flowing.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zZ5px4sAbxvs.ktju4_PK9o6k

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaximusWolff
Back