GUILTY UT - Kimberly Hain, 33, murdered in her West Valley home, 22 May 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good points about the trash. FWIW, we have these huge county owned dumpster on wheel things. ITA about when the trash would go out. I would have done that before bed as well.

What's with all these cases happening the night before trash day? Lori Hacking, the Coleman Family, this one....

Good points about the trash. FWIW, we have these huge county owned dumpster on wheel things. ITA about when the trash would go out. I would have done that before bed as well.

What's with all these cases happening the night before trash day? Lori Hacking, the Coleman Family, this one....

Wouldn't it be funny if the husband was arrested because he was too dumb to take the trash out?

I have to say I really hoped CC was innocent. At least this guy's not rolling around in the grass and leaving cryptic notes on his wall... I guess I can have a little more hope that this husband is innocent -crossing fingers-

You know, I wonder if the husband usually took the garbage out on his way to work and kinda forgot if he was wrapped up in doing before work what we suspect he might have been doing.

I have to say I really hoped CC was innocent. At least this guy's not rolling around in the grass and leaving cryptic notes on his wall... I guess I can have a little more hope that this husband is innocent -crossing fingers-

This one is harder for me to put my finger on. I mean the stats and what I know so far make me suspicious of him. No one has said a thing about him really. What were his reactions that morning, etc?

It will be sad if the kids end up losing two parents.

Well, if it isn't him he is doing all tht right things by cooperating with police and not making a big public scene. I hope it isn't him but I just have a hard time thinking who else it could be.

After the Smart case, LE seems to have zipped things up. We'll hear a snippet about a missing person or murder, then the next thing we hear, weeks or month's later is, someone has been arrested for murder. So we probably can't expect leaks...darn it!

http://www.kutv.com/content/news/lo...-enters-third-day/xACFHp1-jUSKY7-XJypvRQ.cspx
The father-in-law of a West Valley City mother bludgeoned to death on Friday is asking for help from the community.

Doug Hain Sr. asks anyone who knows anything about Kim Hain's murder to step forward. "We send out a plea for anybody
who knows anything about how this happened," says Hain.

Well I'm not sure about the husband just yet. Hope we get more information soon. I am glad the inlaws of the victim are asking for help. The Coleman's should take notice of the Hain family.

Couple pf things I read.
Kim was a CNA going to school to get a higher nursing certification. School just ended. she was reading twlight in her spare time.
Her parents were on their way down to spend time with the family.
Both parents were active with their kids. Including family bike rides in the neighborhood, and neighborhood cook outs.
Another report stated he was trying to revive her with CPR.

I surely hope this Dad is innocent. I really hope he did not kill his wife and leave her there for his children to find, and also leaving them alone all night. Looks like this one will come down to the estimated TOD.

http://www.kutv.com/content/news/lo...-enters-third-day/xACFHp1-jUSKY7-XJypvRQ.cspx
The father-in-law of a West Valley City mother bludgeoned to death on Friday is asking for help from the community.

Doug Hain Sr. asks anyone who knows anything about Kim Hain's murder to step forward. "We send out a plea for anybody
who knows anything about how this happened," says Hain.

Well I'm not sure about the husband just yet. Hope we get more information soon. I am glad the inlaws of the victim are asking for help. The Coleman's should take notice of the Hain family.

Couple pf things I read.
Kim was a CNA going to school to get a higher nursing certification. School just ended. she was reading twlight in her spare time.
Her parents were on their way down to spend time with the family.
Both parents were active with their kids. Including family bike rides in the neighborhood, and neighborhood cook outs.
Another report stated he was trying to revive her with CPR.

I surely hope this Dad is innocent. I really hope he did not kill his wife and leave her there for his children to find, and also leaving them alone all night. Looks like this one will come down to the estimated TOD.

I hope the husband didn't do it, either. I just can't stand hearing about another husband killing is wife. Why not just get a divorce?

Good question and when did the husband leave for work? Normally the graveyard shift is 11pm-7am, so it seems he should've been home after 10pm. Also, would an autistic 8 y/o child be able to tell LE what time he went to bed and last saw his mother? I don't know that much about the illness. :waitasec:

I am an RN who works this shift, and my shift starts either at 7 pm or 11 pm, depending on how I have scheduled myself. And that's getting ready to get report at the start time, not clocking in then. So he would have had to be there earlier.

Like many people, my first thought is about the husband, I hope he can be cleared!
About the trash. We have trash pick up on Tues and wheel our large container out to the curb Tues morning. I'm wondering if the neighbor is talking about a container like this? The trash truck may come by very early in the morning and thats why it would be more normal to have to put the container out the night before. Here the truck doesn't come by until the afternoon so we don't have to worry about it until the actual pickup day.
How long ago did they have the cookout at their home? I'm just thinking that if the cookout was the weekend before, then they would have had a lot more trash than normal and it would have been important to get that trash to the curb! If it is normally put out the night before then I have to think that something happened earlier in the evening and not after she'd go to bed. What time would the children go to bed, I'm thinking it might be around 8, if the husband wouldn't need to leave until after 10 then there could have been plenty of time for someone to do the deed, clean up and go on their merry way. Of course it's always possible that this could be a murder for hire so someone could have a very tight alibi. Have they taken computers? It always amazes me how often incriminating things are found on computers.
Hopefully they'll be able to determine TOD soon and that can help fill in some of the blanks.
I guess we should be grateful that the children were not killed also.

VB

I'm wondering what the parking is like for employees at LDS Hospital? I wonder if he has to use an access card to get in and out of the lot. If so, there should be a record of him coming and going. Unless he thought of that and parked on the street that night. But then that would stick out if he usually parked in a lot.

Something I'm wondering about also is, what about life insurance? I hope there wasn't an overly large policy on her, but since they had 2 children with autism it would be understandable that both parents would want larger policies.

VB

I think this is an important clue. If Kimberly was a great housekeeper, so much that her neighbors noticed, and they thought it odd that her trash wasn't taken out the night before the garbage man came, there must have been a reason. I just don't think it's a coincidence. And if the timeline for bathes and bedtimes came from her husband, it really make me wonder why Kimberly was unable to take the trash out that night. And the next morning turns up dead.
Good afternoon everyone! I'm glad to see so many interested in this case since I started the thread yesterday. :)

I don't think it's a coincidence either, and with the husband's work hours, it might be that he was the one who normally put the trash out at night before leaving for work. What I'd like to know more about now is if Kimberly had talked to anyone that evening, or if the timeline for the baths came from him because it's something she did while he was still at home?

I am an RN who works this shift, and my shift starts either at 7 pm or 11 pm, depending on how I have scheduled myself. And that's getting ready to get report at the start time, not clocking in then. So he would have had to be there earlier.
Thank you for this information! In this case it would make a huge difference, imo, when he actually had to be at work. I'd also assume as in many cases where the body isn't found for hours afterward that the TOD could have a range of a few hours.

Like many people, my first thought is about the husband, I hope he can be cleared!
About the trash. We have trash pick up on Tues and wheel our large container out to the curb Tues morning. I'm wondering if the neighbor is talking about a container like this? The trash truck may come by very early in the morning and thats why it would be more normal to have to put the container out the night before. Here the truck doesn't come by until the afternoon so we don't have to worry about it until the actual pickup day.
How long ago did they have the cookout at their home? I'm just thinking that if the cookout was the weekend before, then they would have had a lot more trash than normal and it would have been important to get that trash to the curb! If it is normally put out the night before then I have to think that something happened earlier in the evening and not after she'd go to bed. What time would the children go to bed, I'm thinking it might be around 8, if the husband wouldn't need to leave until after 10 then there could have been plenty of time for someone to do the deed, clean up and go on their merry way. Of course it's always possible that this could be a murder for hire so someone could have a very tight alibi. Have they taken computers? It always amazes me how often incriminating things are found on computers.
Hopefully they'll be able to determine TOD soon and that can help fill in some of the blanks.
I guess we should be grateful that the children were not killed also.

VB

BBM that's the case here also and 99% of our neighbors pull their garbage to the curb for pickup the night before...so it is really easy to spot who doesn't take their's to the curb..it's also a great reminder (some start as early as 5 pm getting their's to the curb) to take your garbage to curb if you forget what day it is...

I also felt that way about the children altho it is so sad for them to have found their mother! I really hope it isn't the hubby cause I'll be way :furious:if he did this and left those children there in this situation! I hope he didn't...
but I've got that feeling........

BBM that's the case here also and 99% of our neighbors pull their garbage to the curb for pickup the night before...so it is really easy to spot who doesn't take their's to the curb..it's also a great reminder (some start as early as 5 pm getting their's to the curb) to take your garbage to curb if you forget what day it is...

I also felt that way about the children altho it is so sad for them to have found their mother! I really hope it isn't the hubby cause I'll be way :furious:if he did this and left those children there in this situation! I hope he didn't...
but I've got that feeling........
Same here with the garbage cans and we also don't want somebody parking in front of the house where the trash can has to go. I was just thinking about Kimberly recently finishing her studies for the school year and hope LE is checking into anyone she might have had problems with at the school & someone who would know her husband worked nights. Just a thought as an alternative to the husband being the perp.

I'm assuming that their trash was always taken out the night before otherwise the neighbor probably wouldn't have mentioned it. Also, she said she thought about calling kimberly to remind her be forgot to do it, so maybe she knew that Kimberly was the one that took the trash out. This tells me that Kimberly didn't take the trash out because she wasn't able to for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if TOD doesn't turn out to be the night before.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back