GUILTY UT - Kimberly Hain, 33, murdered in her West Valley home, 22 May 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm assuming that their trash was always taken out the night before otherwise the neighbor probably wouldn't have mentioned it. Also, she said she thought about calling kimberly to remind her be forgot to do it, so maybe she knew that Kimberly was the one that took the trash out. This tells me that Kimberly didn't take the trash out because she wasn't able to for some reason. I wouldn't be surprised if TOD doesn't turn out to be the night before.
Good point! After re-reading what the neighbor said, it does seem like it was something Kimberly did, rather than her husband. I wouldn't be surprised either about the TOD being that evening, but would the ME be able to say for sure it did or didn't happen after he went to work, since he didn't get home until 8:20am?

Three days at a crime scene seems like alot.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=6601048

(snips)
Monday detectives continued their investigation at the woman's home near 6600 West and 3320 South. They have been there for the past three days and now are getting ready to leave. They say this is a very technical scene and they want to make sure they have gathered all the possible evidence.

Police interviewed Hain's husband and plan to interview him again. They are also talking to those people who knew her. They say at this point everyone remains a person of interest.

I wonder if the husband has lawyered up?

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/top%20stories/story/West-Valley-murder-investigation-continues-on/XN4OW43mek6NO4dhuJH38Q.cspx

(snips)
ABC 4 news was told on Monday they are taking out several large items as evidence, including a mattress.

Investigators also told ABC 4 News they are narrowing down the suspect list, but they won't say exactly how many names are on it.

Detectives with the West Valley Police Department were planning to re-interview the victim's husband over the weekend, but as of Monday evening that hasn't happened.

Wondering if she's was preparing to take out trash from house and opened door to go out and intruder came in.
Says she was lightly clothed, so whats that, bed clothes or street clothes.
Is a child in the home strong enough to do this?

Wondering if she's was preparing to take out trash from house and opened door to go out and intruder came in.

A few posters at KSL.com are questioning whether a 7 YO austistic child could be violent enough to have done this. The article says he's 8. For some reason I thought he was 11. I'm probably following to many cases right now.

ETA: I misread the posters comment. She was theorizing because she's been hit by her own 7 yo autistic child.

I'd think if that happened there would be some sign of a struggle inside the house, and the killer would still have to get her to the bedroom. I believe she was in bed when she was attacked. Your question about a child killing her is interesting, but would the child know enough to completely clean himself up (of blood spatter) and where is the murder weapon? :waitasec:

Although investigators have questioned Pat Hain, Kim's husband, they are not calling him a suspect. Hain's father and step-mother say they are certain he never will be a suspect. "He had an even personality," says Kari Hain, "he never raised his voice to anyone, he was a very sweet gentle man," says Kari.

His family says when Pat Hain, a nurse who works the night shift at a local hospital, returned home Friday morning he attempted to revive his wife. "He was there trying to save his wife's life when he found her," says Doug.

http://tinyurl.com/r4qnqq

Although investigators have questioned Pat Hain, Kim's husband, they are not calling him a suspect. Hain's father and step-mother say they are certain he never will be a suspect. "He had an even personality," says Kari Hain, "he never raised his voice to anyone, he was a very sweet gentle man," says Kari.

His family says when Pat Hain, a nurse who works the night shift at a local hospital, returned home Friday morning he attempted to revive his wife. "He was there trying to save his wife's life when he found her," says Doug.

http://tinyurl.com/r4qnqq
This might not mean anything, but I wonder why she is using the past tense such as "he had an even personality" and "he was a very sweet, gentle man"? :waitasec:

I think this lady died somewhere between 10 and 12 at night. The trash issue being the biggest red flag.
I would like to know if she was found in bed, was she dressed for bed and if her alarm was set.

Also question that articles "he was trying to save her life......."
Okay was she still alive then? He would know immediately.

This might not mean anything, but I wonder why she is using the past tense such as "he had an even personality" and "he was a very sweet, gentle man"? :waitasec:

It is kinda strange...:confused:

What I thought strange about the in-laws statements.... they didn't say "he was at work and couldn't have done it". So it made me think he probably worked an 8 hour shift instead of a 12 that night, and could have killed her before work.

I've seen where her f-i-l has spoken but has anybody from Kimberly's side of the family spoken out yet? Does she have any siblings? I remember reading that there were relatives traveling there for a visit before this happened but not sure how they are related.

VB

I've seen where her f-i-l has spoken but has anybody from Kimberly's side of the family spoken out yet? Does she have any siblings? I remember reading that there were relatives traveling there for a visit before this happened but not sure how they are related.

VB

According to this source her parents were the ones traveling there for a visit.

Kimberly's parents had planned to travel from San Diego to spend a month in Utah, Kari Hain said.

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_12438146?source=rss

VB

I haven't heard a thing about her side of the family. Earlier this evening I was looking for an obit to see if there was any extra info and didn't find one.

Info lifted from a comment at the SL Tribune directing to click on Crime and search the name Hain at the below linked website. I'll copy and paste in case it doesn't take you directly to the page. Is this the husband and possible reason for the probation when his nursing license was issued?

http://www.utahsright.com/charges.php?first=&last=hain&search=1

Douglas Patrick Hain12/15/1998 Driving Under The Influence Of Alc/drugs {Guilty Plea}
Douglas Patrick (jr) Hain3/22/2002 Driving Under The Influence Of Alc/drugs Guilty

After reading the article, I would think it easy enough to confirm the husband's alibi. If he's working the ER there has to be his signature all over the place (when the TOD is determined):

Hain had worked in the emergency room of Primary Children's Medical Center for the past 10 years, according to the hospital.

As far as the children, 4 and 6 is really young. They could have very well gotten up, peeked into their mom's room, saw that she was "sleeping" and the 6 year old made breakfast. Although I don't know many 4 year olds who sleep after 6 AM (mine didn't). So that's a couple of hours to trash the house (you'd probably see junk food and the tele on).

Gotta get more info on this one. If it was an early AM kill, maybe the 6 year old opened the door for the perp? Was the body covered? No rape, but blunt force trauma = personal kill. Could be the husband.

Need that TOD!!!!

Best,

Mel

I think his wife worked at Primary's as a CNA and he works at LDS. Not sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back