GUILTY UT - Kimberly Hain, 33, murdered in her West Valley home, 22 May 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Something bothering me is, if the husband is involved, why the need to kill her this way? Since he is a nurse, there would be so many ways that he could kill her if it was something planned in advance. If he is involved, Imo something happened very quickly in a fit of rage.

VB

Wolfman....

:Welcome-12-june:

Thanks!!!

I have another interesting tidbit:

The husband has a younger brother (Source Intellius) Zachary Hain (31) who murdered 2 people in an RV park in Salt Lake in 2005. He is at the Utah State Hospital after he was deemed incompetent to stand trial.

It would seem that the Hain family has a few skeletons in the closet. Pat Hain, the husband, has 2 DUIs and his nursing license was on probation because of the DUIs.

I'm thinking if the husband is responsible, it would have to be before or after he left work. Now the 7-7 shift is interesting because that would give him an hour or so minus the drive, unaccounted for after he left work and said he got home. He would have to alibi that time to LE as well.

Actually, if he was working a 7-7 Baylor Shift he probably wouldn't get out of the hospital until 7:30. That is right in the middle of morning rush hour traffic. It would probably take 20-25 minutes to get to the freeway from the Avenues during that time of day. From the freeway entrance it would take another 30 minutes plus to get to his house.

I do find the garbage can comment by the neighbor interesting. Rolling your garbage can out to the curb the night before garbage day is almost a religious experience in Salt Lake County.

On a final note: the West Valley City Police removed their tape and turned the house back to the family this morning. Among the items that were taken from the house were the family vehicles (according to KUTV news at noon).

Whoa Wolfman! I saw the murder charges for a Hain, but thought naahhhhh they couldn't be relatives. What are the odds you know?

Hi Wolfman! Welcome! And holy crapola! Being an RN myself I know that mental illness can run in families (re to the brother)

Picture of Zachary and a snippet about him at the below link:

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705306514/Utah-death-penalty-cases-grow.html?pg=2

Zachary Elliott Hain, 31, who is charged with killing Rex Edwards and Christopher Roe, 54, while they slept in a mobile home park on Sept. 2, 2005. Hain has been found mentally incompetent to stand trial and currently is undergoing treatment at the Utah State Hospital.

Whoa Wolfman! I saw the murder charges for a Hain, but thought naahhhhh they couldn't be relatives. What are the odds you know?

I didn't think they were connected until I used my membership with Intellius (an amatuer sluth's best friend) to search more about the Hain Family.

Thanks for the welcome nursebeme

Actually, this case is bringing back memories of the Hacking case. However, the one difference is that the husband doesn't seem to want to have camera time like Mark Hacking did. It is funny, as soon as Mark Hacking first appeared on camera, my first response was "he did it."

In this case I am not sure. Obviously, there has to be a motive somewhere. Even in a perfect neighborhood where everyone rolls out their mini-dumpster garbage cans to the curb on Thursday night, everyone has barbeques together, and everyone is friends, there has to be some dirty laundry somewhere. Especially, when you have a couple that work opposite shifts.

The second of two victims stabbed in a brutal weekend attack at a Sandy mobile park home has died.

Rex Edwards was stabbed multiple times along with 54-year-old Christopher Roe inside their home at the Hoosier Mobile Home Park near 9000 South and 135 East on the night of Sept. 2. Roe was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police say both men were reportedly attacked while they were asleep in bed.

Edwards staggered out of his trailer after the assailant had left and went to a neighbor's home for help, leaving a trail of blood down the street behind him. A pool of blood and bloody handprints were left on the trailer where Edwards sought help.

He was able to tell the neighbor who had attacked him before he was flown to University Medical Center. Court documents state that Edwards also asked the neighbor to tell police to check on his roommate. He was unconscious from the time police arrived at the neighbor's home until he died Wednesday night.

A medical examiner determined Edwards died from multiple stab wounds to his stomach. He also had numerous defense wounds on his arms and hands, as court documents state.

Police found the body of Christopher Roe, 54, in a back bedroom of the trailer where Edwards and Roe lived. Court documents state that Roe had been stabbed in the chest and neck while he was in bed.

Zachary Elliot Hain, 27, who lived in an adjacent mobile park home, was arrested shortly after the incident, booked into the Salt Lake County Jail and charged Wednesday in 3rd District Court with first-degree murder and attempted criminal homicide. Salt Lake District Attorney David Yocom amended those charges Thursday with an additional first-degree murder charge.

Yocom said officials would make a decision later whether to pursue the death penalty.

According to a search warrant affidavit made public Thursday in 3rd District Court, detectives found blood on the bathroom sink and on a bathroom towel in Hain's home. Police seized a pair of men's shoes and pants that had blood on them and took multiple blood samples from both of the trailer homes. Officers also found that "one large knife was missing from a knife block in the kitchen," court documents state. That knife, and the block it was missing from, were also seized by detectives.

Hain is being held in the Salt Lake County Jail without bail. A motive for the double stabbing was not known Thursday.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4188/is_20050909/ai_n15372182/

New article saying they might be looking at "one" suspect. There is a comment from her dad, “I don't have any comment, none”,” said the father who did not release his name. “I have a short temper. “She's my only daughter and I don't want to be bothered."

"ABC4 sources said one person is getting a closer look than the others.

Sources claim the person can't account for where they were for several hours and the alibi's are raising more questions.

In addition, sources said Kim Hain's friends knew this person and didn't like the individual.

And sources said investigators may be looking at the murder as a crime of passion, someone who was very angry."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Police-looking-at-a-suspect/bme3ghLneUO_gjYq8Ik0mA.cspx

Thanks colette, Hmmmm, I guess that could point to the husband if her friends didn't like him. An acquantance possibly. Sheesh, other than obvious suspicions of the husband, I can't pin this one down.

Also from the above link:

Another fact of the case: Police confirmed there was a small dog in the house. Neighbors said it was a dog who liked to yap at anything that moved. But no one heard a sound from the dog that morning.

And one final note, there is no sign of forced entry into the home. The killer found an easy way to get in. And its possible that Kim Hain knew her killer.

New article saying they might be looking at "one" suspect. There is a comment from her dad, “I don't have any comment, none”,” said the father who did not release his name. “I have a short temper. “She's my only daughter and I don't want to be bothered."

Sources claim the person can't account for where they were for several hours and the alibi's are raising more questions.

In addition, sources said Kim Hain's friends knew this person and didn't like the individual.

And sources said investigators may be looking at the murder as a crime of passion, someone who was very angry."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/slc/story/Police-looking-at-a-suspect/bme3ghLneUO_gjYq8Ik0mA.cspx
I am just going to step outside of my comfort zone and state this: could it be a lover scorned? Or a man obsessed with her but denied her attention?

Also from the above link:

Another fact of the case: Police confirmed there was a small dog in the house. Neighbors said it was a dog who liked to yap at anything that moved. But no one heard a sound from the dog that morning.

And one final note, there is no sign of forced entry into the home. The killer found an easy way to get in. And its possible that Kim Hain knew her killer.

Nowhere in those quotes do I hear the pronoun "he". It says individual. That could equally implicate a woman.

Bashing in someone's face sounds more like a crime of passion from a woman, than it does a man. Men are more likely to strangle, stab, shoot or use some other type of force. Women on the otherhand prefer the "walk softly and carry a baseball bat", or use a gun. They cut their odds by using something powerful. Men figure they are more powerful because of their size. If you look at the pictures of Pat Hain, he is a big man. He wouldn't need to use a bat to bash in his wife's head.

I am just going to step outside of my comfort zone and state this: could it be a lover scorned? Or a man obsessed with her but denied her attention?

I will take it one step further into the discomfort zone. A woman who possibly Kim may have been involved with, or felt that they were involved.

In this article it says they haven't ruled anybody out as a suspect. Also the crime scene is open and the neighbors must be supporting the husband.

"Many neighbors also went in and out of the house helping Hain's husband remove items. One of the family's vehicles was brought back to the residence, and Hain's husband drove away in that car."

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=6613602

Thanks ~ I'd just found this article and it sounds promising. I really would for once like it to be someone other than the husband, especially since there are two children.

I go along with a scorned lover, male or female. I just seems to be personal; a crime of passion. JMO

Here is a link of Kimberly's facebook friends. Just an FYI for future reference. I don't want to start posting names on here.

I also found both of their facebooks. While facebook is informative, I prefer to not link to it. Facebook just clouds the issue. If you have a facebook account you understand what I mean. I have numerous "friends" on facebook that I have met through someone else on facebook. I know them by sight, or by name, but I wouldn't consider them friends, or a person who could get into my house, or past my yapping dog.

It is a good thought; however, if facebook friendship was the primary criteria, the police would get lost in the multiple connections.

I think it is wiser that they stick a little closer to home: friends, family, school mates, and love interests.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back