GUILTY UT - Kimberly Hain, 33, murdered in her West Valley home, 22 May 2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wofman, something definitely set this kid off for sure. But I'm also thinking it's possible he did something that was going to get him into huge trouble and he killed her to keep her from telling. Maybe he did something to the kids, or made a sexual advance towards her. Maybe got caught trying to burglarize her house. Or maybe he is one of those creeps that just wants to see what it's like to kill someone. It will be interesting to find out.

His name and scores comes up for golf tournaments. I think he belongs to Stonebridge golfcourse by his house. Yikes, he was golfing near my house at another golf course.

I wonder is he uses a baseball bat instead of a 9 iron?

Wolfman, have you done a search of his name through your resources?

I wonder is he uses a baseball bat instead of a 9 iron?

I was thinking he probably has a good swing. She probably had no chance. Especially if he caught her sleeping.

I hate to say something negative about a dead person, but is it not visible to anyone but me that Kimberly had a relationship with this boy? He bashed her face in...that means passion. It also means there was something that had occurred between them. Maybe he thought they were lovers, or maybe they actually were.

But here is what the press has been told so far.....she died in bed.

How did he get her in bed, and the only signs of death were in the bedroom?

Somehow this 18 year old kid gained access to the house, and gained access to her bedroom.

You may be right wolfman, but this kind of violence isn't always just between lovers, or wanna-be lovers.

I had a boyfriend once whose younger brother decided to slug me in the face, breaking my jaw. I had no relationship at all with the boy, except that I was involved with his brother, who he considered his best friend. Little brother couldn't keep up with his share of the rent on their shared apartment, was asked to move out and took out his anger on me to get back at his big brother. I never thought I would have been in such a dangerous situation. Boy, was I naive! Needless to say, charges were filed, boyfriend was history, and I am much wiser as a result!

Interesting to speculate...maybe the kid will keep bragging and we'll get a peek at his motivation before the lawyer tries to shut him up!

Susan

police arrest woman's neighbor in her slaying
Published: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:14 a.m. MDT

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705306658/WV-police-arrest-womans-neighbor-in-her-slaying.html

Vuksinick was a person police were interested in talking to, McLachlan said. Once they picked him up about 5 p.m. Tuesday for questioning, "he implicated himself," McLachlan said, by giving inconsistent statements. Vuksinick also knew "sufficient specifics" about the crime that only a person present would know, he said.

You may be right wolfman, but this kind of violence isn't always just between lovers, or wanna-be lovers.

I had a boyfriend once whose younger brother decided to slug me in the face, breaking my jaw. I had no relationship at all with the boy, except that I was involved with his brother, who he considered his best friend. Little brother couldn't keep up with his share of the rent on their shared apartment, was asked to move out and took out his anger on me to get back at his big brother. I never thought I would have been in such a dangerous situation. Boy, was I naive! Needless to say, charges were filed, boyfriend was history, and I am much wiser as a result!

Interesting to speculate...maybe the kid will keep bragging and we'll get a peek at his motivation before the lawyer tries to shut him up!

Susan
smart! and keeping in that same vein... perhaps the issues he had with the victim lie a degree or two away

My youngest son is 18 years old. I have three female neighbors on three sides of me - great friends! I cannot fathom in a billion years that my son would hurt ANY of them. He's not even interested in chatting with them, for the most part! Is this boy on some crazy illegal drug regime?

I think the BFF next door had a set of keys to the house and he helped himself to the keys. He just opened the house with the extra set of keys his mother probably had for emergency use only. Once the keys were found, LE probably determined that they belonged to the BF living next door.

Interesting that Martys mother was the one who had been planning the trip with Kimberly.

Neighbor Cheryl Vuksinick remembered that Hain, who kept her home squeaky clean, hadn't taken out the garbage Thursday night. She thought about reminding Hain, but it had slipped her mind.

"Maybe if I had gone over ... ," she said, her voice breaking. "It's like we're one big family in this neighborhood. There was no sign of anything out of the ordinary."

Vuksinick talked to Kimberly nearly every day this week, and they were planning a trip to Park City.

"It just breaks my heart to know they're going to grow up without their mother," Vuksinick said. "And they need their mother."

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_12438146

http://www.sltrib.com/News/ci_12456642

Police asked that Vuksinick's parents bring their son to police headquarters Tuesday for an interview. They were interested in talking to the man because his actions were "somewhat strange at the scene," said police Capt. Tom McLachlan. He was one of several people police were interviewing.

Vuksinick's parents apparently had no idea their son was involved in the crime, he said. On Saturday, Hain's neighbor, Cheryl Vuksinick, recalled Hain as a wonderful mother and spoke of how close the two families were.

"They are totally devastated," McLachlan said of Martin Vuksinick's parents.

Martin Vuksinick told officers that nobody else took part in the crime, McLachlan said.

He also told officers that he entered the home through an unlocked door and later, McLachlan said, led investigators to a bat claimed to be the murder weapon in a field near 6000 West and 2700 South.

McLachlan wouldn't discuss the suspected motive for the crime.

This young man was obviously very mad and upset with Kim. To beat to death someone with a baseball bat is someone who is over the top angry and possibly someone on some kind of drug. Police haven't released what they believe his motive was. Was he infatuated with her and she had denied his advances? Did she know something that he was involved in that was illegal and was going to tell his mom?
I read in one of the Utah papers where cops had wanted to interview him because he was acting strange at the scene..
I will be very interested to learn what was behind this very brutal and very personal killing.

It sounds like he used a bat, was the bat from his home or did he pick it up once he was over there?
Right now I can only speculate but I wonder if he was targeting her because of her friendship with his mother, could his mother have been talking to her about problems with him and he didn't like the suggestions she made? Right now in the jury room there is a discussion about how to deal with unmanageable children and I have no doubt a child would not be happy hearing what was suggested.

VB

VB, You make a good and valid point. We know his mom and Kim were very good friends so they talked daily I am sure. If there were problems with her teenaged son, I feel like she would confide in Kim.

I wonder if he had made advances to Kim and she had rejected them. He was full of rage to use a baseball bat on her. Something set him over the top.

What a senseless and horrible murder.

Many props go out to the police department, homicide squad, and everyone else who worked so hard to bring justice to the Hains family.

:rose: Rest in Peace Kimberly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back