UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s “unexpected” death last year, May 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's possible there are still liens on the property from unpaid construction bills or others, right? It appears property is not complete. Did the title search(es) show that there is not clear title to said property? moo

Hearing is scheduled for 3:00 pm MT tomorrow.
I am not for sure but could it be possible the loan could not go forward with the purchase because of a LE ordered freeze on her assets? I mean She did use the place as a trap house.

Her amended charges included all new information on the events leading up to the murder of Kouri’s husband, Eric Richins. Her detention hearing has been postponed to June 12.
^^rsbm

With the detention hearing pushed back a month, thought it best to start a MEDIA ONLY thread now!

@Cindizzi

Wow. After reading the updated documents, I’m speechless. She was out of control.

I agree. It is really hard to imagine someone being so fixated on money and control to do all the things she appears to have done... including planning and eventually poisoning her husband. Slept in one of the girl's beds that night so he could die without any help.

I'll bet she slept like a baby. :(

Just finished reading all of the comments and once again I am speechless when trying to apply rational thought to explain what went on. I have been in a couple of situations where I have given the benefit of the doubt to someone far longer than I should have and that appears to have occurred here to even a greater degree.

I wonder if her new business was going to be drug dealing. This happened after the murder

On March 9, 2022, at 10:24 a.m., phone records state that C.L. contacted an acquaintance and asked her to drive her to Draper to purchase fentanyl. C.L. said that she was driving to Kouri Richins’ house in Francis where she wrote C.L. a $1,300 check for fentanyl. The check from Kouri Richins was dated March 6.

On either March 9 or 10, after C.L. procured the pills, which she understood to be fentanyl, she left the pills for another acquaintance, not Kouri Richins, in the firepit of the backyard of a vacant house in Midway that Kouri Richins owned and was in the process of selling.
The "friend" was double crossing KR? This gets better and better.

Eric was found dead on March 4,2022 and KRB was buying $1300 worth of fentanyl by check, 5 days LATER ?

I think we can see a problem here.

However $1300 worth of fentanyl at a time is not likely to get her $2 million in to debt.

I hope she was drug tested when she was arrested. A drug habit would be one way to get the children away from her.

Prosecutors say Kouri Richins bought four life insurance policies for her husband without his knowledge in the years preceding his death.
Prosecutors: Children's book author accused of killing husband changed life insurance policies

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah woman who wrote a children’s book about grief after her husband’s death and was later arrested for killing him had made changes to her husband’s life insurance years before when she is accused of fatally poisoning him, according to charging documents updated Thursday.

The additional allegations, which were previously mentioned in search warrants but not the charging documents, led to the postponement of a detention hearing scheduled for Friday that would have been the first time Kouri Richins was in court since her case became the latest true crime sensation earlier this month. The hearing has been rescheduled for June 12.

Prosecutors say Kouri Richins bought four life insurance policies for her husband without his knowledge in the years preceding his death.
Prosecutors: Children's book author accused of killing husband changed life insurance policies

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — A Utah woman who wrote a children’s book about grief after her husband’s death and was later arrested for killing him had made changes to her husband’s life insurance years before when she is accused of fatally poisoning him, according to charging documents updated Thursday.

The additional allegations, which were previously mentioned in search warrants but not the charging documents, led to the postponement of a detention hearing scheduled for Friday that would have been the first time Kouri Richins was in court since her case became the latest true crime sensation earlier this month. The hearing has been rescheduled for June 12.

I thought it was illegal to issue life insurance policies for persons without their knowledge, even with a personal interview to document the insured was aware of this.

I thought it was illegal to issue life insurance policies for persons without their knowledge, even with a personal interview to document the insured was aware of this.
I think you’re correct. Maybe she forged his signature. If the insurance co. needed to talk to him, maybe she had one of her boyfriends impersonate him.
Appears she started her scheme to do away with him several years ago. I wonder if someone else was in on this with her.

5/19/23

The Summit County Attorney’s Office amended its charging document against 33-year-old Kouri Darden Richins to include additional information about what they argued was a financial motive to kill her spouse, Eric Richins.

Defense attorneys representing Kouri filed a motion to continue the detention hearing, which had been scheduled for Friday afternoon, to give them more time to respond to the four felony charges. The Third District Court granted the motion and the hearing was rescheduled for June 12.

[..]

The new filings from this week provide a narrative from prosecutors about actions Kouri allegedly took that would have allowed her to financially benefit from Eric’s death as well as how she became “enraged” when she learned she was no longer her husband’s trustee.

[..]

The amendments state she had a lengthy phone call with the IRS on March 3. Kouri’s outstanding state and federal tax liability was almost $200,000 and she owed a hard money lender at least $1.8 million, according to court documents.

Kouri has retained Salt Lake City-based criminal defense attorney Skye Lazaro.

PARK CITY, Utah — A woman who allegedly spiked her husband's drink with fentanyl and then wrote a children's book about grief after he died is now accused of secretly taking out almost $2 million in life insurance policies on him.

The allegations against Kouri Richins were raised in an amended court document filed Thursday that led to the postponement of a detention hearing originally scheduled for Friday.

[…]

Prosecutors said they needed more time to provide discovery related to the new allegations in the document, according to a motion filed Thursday.

Richins' attorneys said they needed time to review the discovery and prepare for the hearing.

"The State amended the charging Information and has not turned over discovery yet that supports it," Skye Lazaro, an attorney for Richins, said in an emailed statement. "Therefore we couldn’t be prepared to argue about the sufficiency of the evidence."

The new detention hearing is scheduled for June 12.

PARK CITY, Utah — A woman who allegedly spiked her husband's drink with fentanyl and then wrote a children's book about grief after he died is now accused of secretly taking out almost $2 million in life insurance policies on him.

The allegations against Kouri Richins were raised in an amended court document filed Thursday that led to the postponement of a detention hearing originally scheduled for Friday.

[…]

Prosecutors said they needed more time to provide discovery related to the new allegations in the document, according to a motion filed Thursday.

Richins' attorneys said they needed time to review the discovery and prepare for the hearing.

"The State amended the charging Information and has not turned over discovery yet that supports it," Skye Lazaro, an attorney for Richins, said in an emailed statement. "Therefore we couldn’t be prepared to argue about the sufficiency of the evidence."

The new detention hearing is scheduled for June 12.
From the NBC News article above:

[…]

Eric Richins' family has said that she tried to poison him multiple times.

One of those attempts happened last Valentine's Day. According to the filing, Richins allegedly made her husband a sandwich and left it on the seat of his truck with a love note.

"Shortly after consuming the sandwich, Eric Richins broke out in hives and had difficulty breathing," it said. "Eric found his son's EpiPen and administered it to himself and slept."

[…]

Y’all she left a love note with that sandwich!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper