UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
EBM video said playback unavailable so switched it out for this one.

At 3:13:00

ER’s sister talks about everything KR did in the first 48 hours after his death.

Including attempting to have him cremated.

Just think about it. She was celebrating alright. Celebrating his death, and her….not them, closing on a house. imo
The depth of her depravity is astounding.

Last edited:
I didn't hear that part, and need to get my full dose of jollies. Do you have the frame time in the video?

IMO KR thinks she's gonna get out of jail, and the attorney knows she's not (at least at the scheduling conference). I think KR can't believe she has to be in jail even one more day: I guess her little jail stint might be a baby step to figuring out there are no "luxury prisons for rich people" in her crime demographic. No doubt the other inmates are getting her head straight on that topic.

3:43

6/12/23 -- Utah poisoning case: Attorney for family of Eric Richins speaks | NewsNation Now​

Attorney cites the court was in recess because they found one of the media groups was live streaming from the courtroom-- a big No, No!

My first thought was News2 with the choppy audio. o_O

Seeing the craftsmen, Eric's employees, in the Courtroom on a Monday morning was indeed a sign of respect. They were there for Eric.

I also recalled the kind words from his friend at Home Depot about how nice he was to his employees.

“He was the sweetest guy,” King said. “To me, he seemed like one of my kids. Seriously! He was just the sweetest, sweetest guy. He was so nice to all his employees and everybody.”

King said she has felt numb since hearing the recent developments surrounding the Richins case. But amidst the pain and heartache, King still spoke fondly of Eric, the man, and father she remembers so dearly.

[…]

On April 19, Richins allegedly sent an email to Summit County authorities to clarify some points she had previously discussed. Det. Jeff O’Driscoll, the lead investigator on the case, was carbon copied on the email.

In the email, Richins addressed her “exotic vacations” since her husband’s passing, his alleged affair, her mental health, their supposed lack of financial problems, and her work ambitions.

The letter also provided contact information for her previous nanny who she said could give information on her family, saying “If anyone can tell you about our marriage, it’s her. She lived with us. Feel free to call her.”

In the letter, Richins addressed claims of exotic vacations saying she took two trips last year, one because her kids qualified to play soccer in Spain and another to go on their annual trip to Mexico. She said it is “not new for us to go to Mexico or for us to go out of the country or on a vacation with our kids.”

She then wrote about Eric’s alleged affair saying it was not true that she had ever moved out, rather she said she took a weekend away to make sure it was clear she would leave if he did not end things with the other woman.

[…]

Seeing the craftsmen, Eric's employees, in the Courtroom on a Monday morning was indeed a sign of respect. They were there for Eric.

I also recalled the kind words from his friend at Home Depot about how nice he was to his employees.

“He was the sweetest guy,” King said. “To me, he seemed like one of my kids. Seriously! He was just the sweetest, sweetest guy. He was so nice to all his employees and everybody.”

King said she has felt numb since hearing the recent developments surrounding the Richins case. But amidst the pain and heartache, King still spoke fondly of Eric, the man, and father she remembers so dearly.
I’m relieved to hear that the three boys are with ER’s family, not KR’s.

She then wrote about Eric’s alleged affair saying it was not true that she had ever moved out, rather she said she took a weekend away to make sure it was clear she would leave if he did not end things with the other woman.
I think this must be "the other house" KR rented that came up in the civil court pleadings. I think Kouri said she only moved her clothes there as a gesture to Eric. Sad. IMO, Eric lost his life for his sons.

6/12/23 -- Utah poisoning case: Attorney for family of Eric Richins speaks | NewsNation Now​

Attorney cites the court was in recess because they found one of the media groups was live streaming from the courtroom-- a big No, No!

My first thought was News2 with the choppy audio. o_O

And CourtTV. You can hear it in the L&C video I posted above.

Yes, I noticed @Monday's detention hearing ER's crew wearing their C&E Stone Masonry t-shirts, a powerful presence and show of support. No doubt ER was loved and is missed.

Powerful impact statement from ER’s sister. I really felt that the hearing was focused on ER, and less on her even though she wanted bail! Appreciated that.

Justice for Eric and his family.

moo

Side note: Andrea Canning in the next-to-last row at 3:45:54.

Oh, the Dateline lady.
ETA: Hopefully she’ll get some good interviews while she’s there.

I like this judge, though he seems young to be a judge. But maybe that’s just me because I’m now old, and seems these days everyone looks so young. :) Especially the young doctors and lawyers, they look like they should still be in high school or college, lol.

I also like how they zoom in to KR’s handcuffs. They appear to be chained around her waist ?

Last edited:
Snort.....KR also says NO to the 7th.

Who does she think she is? It's not like she has anything else to do. She's just hanging out in jail.
I really don’t think she’ll make bail. But I could be wrong. What do you all think….. Is it possible they could give her bail, perhaps using an ankle monitor or something like that? I have no idea how all that works.

I really don’t think she’ll make bail. But I could be wrong. What do you all think….. Is it possible they could give her bail, perhaps using an ankle monitor or something like that? I have no idea how all that works.
She was denied bond. That means no bail.

The judge is clear KR has to be held because the evidence suggests she could be dangerous to others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper