UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2018 rx: Quetiapine

Do we know if they found evidence of a recent refill? I am guessing she was off her meds based on her escalating behavior.
KR last told investigators in an email that her doctor responded to her inquiry and confirmed it was prescribed in 2018 for post partum depression. I did not understand that she's currently taking the Rx or any other per her email.

The 2018 rx: Quetiapine

Do we know if they found evidence of a recent refill? I am guessing she was off her meds based on her escalating behavior.
It’s bizarroland to me that a doctor would prescribe Seroquel for postpartum depression. Seroquel is not an antidepressant; it’s an antipsychotic. My mom takes it because she has bipolar disorder.

Treating postpartum depression with Seroquel seems kinda like applying a tourniquet to treat a paper cut. But I’m not a doctor… so what do I know?

It’s bizarroland to me that a doctor would prescribe Seroquel for postpartum depression. Seroquel is not an antidepressant; it’s an antipsychotic. My mom takes it because she has bipolar disorder.

Treating postpartum depression with Seroquel seems kinda like applying a tourniquet to treat a paper cut. But I’m not a doctor… so what do I know?
In her email on page 2 she said post partum in 2014.

2 days later she emailed LE again and said it was bugging her whether she had the correct year so she texted her doctor and got a response that it was 2018.

Maybe she was given *something* for PPD in 2014 but not this drug?

How old were her children in 2018? On that morning talk show about the book she said they were 10, 9 and 6 years old.

5F4A0017-13C7-4298-8786-D7D04FB793CA.jpeg7C92D41C-59E4-46C8-B3D2-9DA50F38B8AC.jpegB77960A9-CC7C-4B30-A8AC-6A7B1D1D19E6.jpeg

So many questions! First, are there dates with any of these searches? Was she searching about how much fentanyl will kill before or after he died? And about the death certificate? Why all the Richins donation summit county searches? Was she trying to claim the police were in the pocket of the Richins family and it was a conspiracy against her? Has anyone (local news) done a deep dive into her childhood, growing up, family? If the boys are with Kouri's mom, and per Eric's sister Amy, the Richins are being kept from seeing them, can the court intervene. Have the Richins family filed to get guardianship of the boys, since their mother is in jail and doesn't look to be getting out? Thanks for any insight!

Postpartum depression is complicated. Seems there's evidence Seroquel (quetiapine) is prescribed off label. JMO

This study aims to find out how mothers tolerate the drug and whether it is effective for postpartum depression. Results of this study may help investigators carry out a larger study comparing quetiapine and placebo (a sugar pill) in postpartum depression.

From the quoted link -- incriminating internet searches:

The new court filings also indicate Kouri allegedly made incriminating internet searches during the second search of her home, on the day she was arrested. The searches were: can cops force you to do a lie detector test; women Utah prison; what are you allowed inside Utah jails; if someone is poisoned what does it go down on the death certificate as; can FBI find deleted messages; when does the FBI get involved in a case; how long does life insurance companies take to pay; and more.
She should have been searching, “Can cops find my incriminating internet searches?”

She’s toast!

So many questions! First, are there dates with any of these searches? Was she searching about how much fentanyl will kill before or after he died? And about the death certificate? Why all the Richins donation summit county searches? Was she trying to claim the police were in the pocket of the Richins family and it was a conspiracy against her? Has anyone (local news) done a deep dive into her childhood, growing up, family? If the boys are with Kouri's mom, and per Eric's sister Amy, the Richins are being kept from seeing them, can the court intervene. Have the Richins family filed to get guardianship of the boys, since their mother is in jail and doesn't look to be getting out? Thanks for any insight!
I'm not sure on the search dates. See them here:
Kinda creepy how she was googling his phone number. Page 21

Was she looking for his marital status?

In one of the News4 broadcasts, a reporter stated the Richins family were filing for Guardianship but I don't recall any news on the status of the petition.

In her email on page 2 she said post partum in 2014.

2 days later she emailed LE again and said it was bugging her whether she had the correct year so she texted her doctor and got a response that it was 2018.

Maybe she was given *something* for PPD in 2014 but not this drug?

How old were her children in 2018? On that morning talk show about the book she said they were 10, 9 and 6 years old.

View attachment 429067View attachment 429068View attachment 429069
so many LOL and laughing til crying's in this email to LE about her dead father of her children. It's super off putting and inappropriate??

Postpartum depression is complicated. Seems there's evidence Seroquel (quetiapine) is prescribed off label. JMO

This study aims to find out how mothers tolerate the drug and whether it is effective for postpartum depression. Results of this study may help investigators carry out a larger study comparing quetiapine and placebo (a sugar pill) in postpartum depression.
In the linked study, it does appear some physicians prescribe Seroquel off-label to patients with postpartum depression to help them sleep. As it relates to this case, I can only assume that’s what happened with KR. I’m still shocked (and quite frankly appalled) that a physician would choose to prescribe Seroquel for insomnia when there are much better alternatives. After doing a bit of research, it appears I’m not alone.

The first warning came a dozen years ago, when the Food and Drug Administration accused the drug company AstraZeneca of “false or misleading” information about health risks in the marketing material for its blockbuster medication Seroquel, an antipsychotic developed to treat schizophrenia but increasingly prescribed “off label” for insomnia.

What followed was an onslaught of litigation by state attorneys general, who charged AstraZeneca with fraudulently promoting Seroquel for unapproved uses, and by individual patients, who claimed that it had failed to alert consumers about some of the drug’s most pernicious side effects. Although the company never admitted wrongdoing, by the end of 2011 it had paid out more than $1 billion to settle many of the cases.

“The range of problems it causes in terms of deteriorating quality of life makes it not worth it,” said David Healy, a British psychiatrist who has written books on psychopharmacology. Healy says he prescribes Seroquel only for his most seriously ill patients “to be able to function.”

A Washington Post analysis of more than four years of the most recent data from the FDA’s Adverse Event Reporting System — through the first quarter of 2017 — found about 20,000 cases where Seroquel or its generic equivalent, quetiapine, was listed as the primary or secondary suspect in an adverse event. That included 1,754 deaths in which they were the primary suspect plus 2,309 deaths in which they were a secondary suspect. Overall, 93 percent were apparently the result of off-label prescribing of the drug.

As a side note, I don’t intend to downplay the seriousness of postpartum depression or imply that it’s no big. Because I understand that it’s extremely debilitating for many women.

The thing I find most interesting about this is the fact that KR mentioned the medication in relation to having postpartum depression after the birth of her second child — which occurred many years before 2018. Then again, she didn’t even know the year she got married and appears to be a pathological liar.

Bbm.
That is disgusting if Eric's family is not allowed to see his boys.
Imo.

#BREAKING: Kouri Richins, a mother accused of murdering her husband with fentanyl before writing a children’s book on grief about the loss, has filed a lawsuit against her late husband’s estate.

Last updated 4:38 PM, June 15, 2023

SUMMIT COUNTY, UTAH (Court TV) – A woman accused of murdering her husband with a lethal dose of fentanyl, then writing a children’s book on grief about the loss, has filed a lawsuit against her late husband’s estate.

Kouri Richins is charged with criminal homicide, aggravated murder and possession of a controlled substance in the 2022 death of her husband, Eric. She has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The lawsuit is filed against Eric’s sister, Katie Richins-Benson, who is the personal representative of Eric’s estate. The lawsuit argues that Kouri has been kept from property that is legally hers, in the wake of her husband’s death. The two largest pieces of property Kouri has claimed ownership of are the proceeds of half of Eric’s business and their family home.

#BREAKING: Kouri Richins, a mother accused of murdering her husband with fentanyl before writing a children’s book on grief about the loss, has filed a lawsuit against her late husband’s estate.

SUMMIT COUNTY, UTAH (Court TV) – A woman accused of murdering her husband with a lethal dose of fentanyl, then writing a children’s book on grief about the loss, has filed a lawsuit against her late husband’s estate.

Kouri Richins is charged with criminal homicide, aggravated murder and possession of a controlled substance in the 2022 death of her husband, Eric. She has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

The lawsuit is filed against Eric’s sister, Katie Richins-Benson, who is the personal representative of Eric’s estate. The lawsuit argues that Kouri has been kept from property that is legally hers, in the wake of her husband’s death. The two largest pieces of property Kouri has claimed ownership of are the proceeds of half of Eric’s business and their family home.
The nerve!

Lord.

What absolute gall! :mad:
Not sure of Utah laws on community property, but in our state, if IRC, if property/assets are held/ acquired before marriage, they are not community property. Would love to hear from someone knowledgeable on this topic.

This sounds like her attorneys are really worried that she will not have any money to pay them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RABay1735