UT - Kouri Richins, 33, Author, wife, mom, charged in husband’s unexpected death last year, May 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it interesting that Kouri just can't accept the fact that prisoners ARE treated differently - they are NOT afforded all rights that a person outside of prison has - freedom is limited!
Yes, IMO she's so out of touch, it's hilarious. It goes along with the idea that there are different prisons for rich people.

Isn't it interesting that Kouri just can't accept the fact that prisoners ARE treated differently - they are NOT afforded all rights that a person outside of prison has - freedom is limited!
Yes! And those phone calls with her children aren’t just recently being recorded, brotha. All non-attorney phone calls and visits are recorded. It doesn’t matter who you are — and even if it did, your sister wouldn’t be on the list of VIPs who are excluded. Because WHO IS SHE? The author of a single children’s book (who can’t spell) and a realtor who bought and sold a few houses (and buried herself in massive debt to do it). BIG WHOOP!

So - still no next date for a hearing? Just going thru my early November stuff... TIA!
On, 11.7.2023, Attorney SL and firm withdrew from KR’s civil case against the W's - this is probably old news.

Concerning the criminal trial, no date was found at this time. Last court date, 11.3.2023.

moo

Thanks for that link. Now - "where" do I proceed to? Court Records or do I have to register to MyCase? Which i really would not like to do.

TIA!
I wait for articles to post an update, as I too do not wish to register at the site. :) I will try my best to keep you posted of any updated info.

Thank you! :)
A December hearing, though, no date or time mentioned yet. Stay tuned.

December’s hearing will address the schedule of the case going forward too, now that the defense’s request to dismiss the case was denied.

November 5, 2023 at 10:03 AM MST

Thank you! :)
As of today, I know there is no hearing date in the next 30 days.

Seems to me the parties haven't finished their homework as assigned by the Judge (before the December date can be set):

Prosecutors will select that attorney, and Mrazik will issue a strict order later about who is allowed to see the documents.

He indicated during the Nov. 3 hearing he would prefer prosecutors not see what was in the envelope, and the attorney they select to review it would act in their interest.

The judge told both sides to meet and decide the best way to proceed before December. Then he’ll set up a closed hearing to see if the writings are, first, actually privileged and, second, relevant to the case.

“According to Wasatch County records, [the mansion was bought] for the $3.75 million listing price.”

The new owner was looking at the property prior to the scandal and purchased the property strictly for business, as a flip project.

“According to Wasatch County records, [the mansion was bought] for the $3.75 million listing price.”

The new owner was looking at the property prior to the scandal and purchased the property strictly for business, as a flip project.

Interesting -- the property was not zoned for commercial use (i.e., wedding/event venue). Perhaps Eric was the only party aware that this site was not a suitable "income producing" investment and KR was not hearing it.

From the quoted link:

Because it was built to be an event venue, it doesn’t have a proper master bedroom. Harns says they’ll reorganize to make sure it does.

He and his family have flipped a home like this before. They created the 37,000-square-foot Cedar Rose Estate in Parowan, near Brian Head, which is now a wedding venue.

“The fun part for me is my son and I did the last project down in Parowan together, and we're going to do this one together. So it's a pretty darn fun thing to do,” Harns said. “He's an engineer, and I'm an engineer, and engineers like to build things.”

So the property will likely be flipped after all.

“I hope that justice, whatever that is, prevails,” Harns said about the murder case. “I don't know what that is, because I'm not a juror and I haven't seen all the news, and I think only a jury is going to be able to do that. I just think it's a completely sad situation. I guess I feel most badly for the children.”

Where are we with this one?

From October and November MSM reports on the last Court hearings, we know the parties filed Motions surrounding the 'Walk the Dog' letter, including tampering with evidence, prohibit the defendant from communicating with her mother, seek sanctions against the State for alleged gag order violation, and dismiss the charges against KR. Judge Mrazik denied both the state and defense Motions, and gave the parties each some homework to do before returning to Court in December where he would set a 'Closed Hearing.'

October 13 - MEDIA ONLY THREAD:

KAMAS, Utah (KUTV) — The state claims Kouri Richins’ attorneys are not giving them all the evidence they’re looking for, and they’re asking the judge to compel her defense team to hand it over. [State filed motion to compel for defense to hand over KR's additional 60 pages of alleged manuscript and other inmates letter].

The motion claimed both sides agreed the writings would be handed over to a “taint attorney...” an independent lawyer who would read the documents, take out the protected information and give the rest to the prosecution. However, the state claimed the defense later told them they wouldn’t hand over the pages.

The motion quotes the defense attorney as saying, “I have consulted with our [General Counsel] on the matter, and unfortunately from an ethical standpoint and duties to my client, my hands are tied.”

Prosecutors state, “Defense counsel’s statements as well as the Defendant’s course of conduct indicate that the Envelope contains additional non-privileged material that will help the State adequately prepare its case for trial, including the letter written by another inmate. Defense counsel’s unwillingness to disclose the general subject matter of the Envelope’s broader content only amplifies this indication.”

November 5 - MEDIA ONLY THREAD:
Lazaro said it’s privileged information, but after much discussion Nov. 3, she agreed to give a third-party attorney Kouri’s 60 additional pages and the other inmate’s letter.

Prosecutors will select that attorney, and Mrazik will issue a strict order later about who is allowed to see the documents.

He indicated during the Nov. 3 hearing he would prefer prosecutors not see what was in the envelope, and the attorney they select to review it would act in their interest.

The judge told both sides to meet and decide the best way to proceed before December. Then he’ll set up a closed hearing to see if the writings are, first, actually privileged and, second, relevant to the case.

Summary: At the last hearing held on November 3, Judge Mrazik requested the parties complete the following tasks prior to December: the Prosecutor was to first, select a "Taint Attorney" (an independent lawyer), and notify the Court of their selection.

The purpose of the taint attorney is to review the content of the subject envelope the defense alleges contained protected information, and acting in the best interest of the state, take out the protected information, and give the rest to the prosecution. (Judge Mrazik would issue a strict Order later about who is allowed to see the documents).

The prosecution and defense would meet (before December) to decide the best way to move forward, and the Court would set up a 'Closed Hearing' to see if the writings are first, actually privileged and, second, relevant to the case.

Conclusion: As of 12/18/23, it's not clear whether or not the Prosecutor has selected a "Taint Attorney" or if parties agreed to the best way to proceed (before December), as previously requested by Judge Mrazik. There's also no evidence that the Court set a December Closed hearing.

Per the Court Calendar, no hearings for this case are scheduled within the next 30 days in the 3rd District Court -- Silver Summit. Given the public is to be excluded from the hearing, it's unknown if Closed hearings even appear on the District Court Calendar. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation