UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I gave in and watched part of that, so it’s the PI who Kylens dad hired that says they were killed at 11:35a.

A few things, 1. gunfire is extremely common. I don’t expect to be out in BLM or NFS land and not hear gunfire. 2. this isn’t coming from LE, it came from rumors then a more reliable source? That doesn’t seem super solid. 3. Anything from Kylens dad I take with a grain of salt, he pushed the sexual assault for months until LE released the autopsy info stating there was no sexual assault.

Please don’t take this to mean anything against Kylens dad, he has worked tirelessly trying to find who did this and I sincerely hope that this case is solved.

No sign of forcible SA from autopsies:

“The women were undressed from the waist down, though in January the Grand County Sheriff's Office announced that an autopsy found no signs of forcible sexual assault involving either victim.”
Moab man questioned, cleared in Grand County double killing

Previously, I believe Kylee’s father mentioned SA, possibly because of reports that they were “partially dressed.” Kylen Schulte’s father blasts police over failure to make arrest in Moab murders after they rule out Brian Laundrie link

Also previously - language from a search warrant:

“The warrant -- one of several that were allowed to expire -- named an individual and listed items authorities called ‘evidence of the crime or crimes of Murder, conspiracy to commit murder, tampering with evidence, sexual assault, desecration of a corpse, rape,’ according to the warrant.”
Grand Co. Sheriff's Office responds after homicide search warrant unsealed

Thank you, also accessible from the uk. Interesting reading.

Anybody have any ideas about this part of the article?

"In a third search warrant, video surveillance from Woody’s Tavern from Aug. 11- Aug. 17 was requested for the investigation of the Schulte and Turner homicides. The search warrant was sealed until Feb. 21 because if left unsealed it could “pose a serious impediment to the investigation.” A search warrant is a court document that shows investigative efforts of law enforcement, it does not state the guilt or innocence of the party involved."

Every time we get close to what happened the last time the victims were seen, the trail stops. The last few hours are super important in *any* case. So what was LE looking for on those tapes?

R.st.J

Anybody have any ideas about this part of the article?

"In a third search warrant, video surveillance from Woody’s Tavern from Aug. 11- Aug. 17 was requested for the investigation of the Schulte and Turner homicides. The search warrant was sealed until Feb. 21 because if left unsealed it could “pose a serious impediment to the investigation.” A search warrant is a court document that shows investigative efforts of law enforcement, it does not state the guilt or innocence of the party involved."

Every time we get close to what happened the last time the victims were seen, the trail stops. The last few hours are super important in *any* case. So what was LE looking for on those tapes?

R.st.J

The sealing language is boilerplate. JMO as I’m not a Utah criminal attorney. LE was probably looking for any kind of unusual interactions/attention during that week, like an altercation or someone following K/C. Or perhaps confirming info - like if an ex claimed to have last seen K/C a year ago but there’s footage of the ex chatting with them at Woody’s. < — That’s just a hypothetical! There’s nothing about an ex stalking them.

There's a question I keep thinking has already been answered but I can't find it if it has:

Where is the Harley?

It's not mentioned in any search warrant, and CSH says nothing about it at the camp. Did I totally miss something?

R.st.J

It was at McDonald’s

It belonged (or at least was used by) CT. I cannot find it in the warrants.

This is the 1987 Econline Van
https://www.moabtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/search-warrant.pdf
'
And this is the Sorento seized at the campsite

Police seized a Kia Sorento from the campsite where the women were found dead
(Warrants in Moab murders reveal second vehicle, multiple gunshots, 'creepy man')

Where is the Harley? It is not mentioned at either location.

R.st.J

It belonged (or at least was used by) CT. I cannot find it in the warrants.

This is the 1987 Econline Van
https://www.moabtimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/search-warrant.pdf
'
And this is the Sorento seized at the campsite

Police seized a Kia Sorento from the campsite where the women were found dead
(Warrants in Moab murders reveal second vehicle, multiple gunshots, 'creepy man')

Where is the Harley? It is not mentioned at either location.

R.st.J

From the first page in this thread:
Before they were found, a family member of Schulte posted on Facebook: “Kylen and Crystal are MISSING!!! THEY MUST BE IN THE SILVER KIA VAN. Because the black van and Harley are at McDs.

But it can't be in the McD parking lot right now, months later. Who took it? LE doesn't mention taking it into evidence that I can see, and no reporter mentioned it. None of the many podcasts have said anything about it. The closest I can get is CT's mother wondering when the "vehicles" are going to be released but I cannot tell which vehicles she's referring to.

LE obtained a search warrant for the van. But not the bike. So what happened to it? It's a big part of the women's identity and probably fairly expensive. It could also be an important piece of evidence, just as the van appears to be (although I'm not sure how.) The fact that it was still in the parking lot was considered to be very unusual (and alarming), which would suggest something about how they left Moab is also very unusual. The bike should have been with them, but wasn't.

R.st.J

But it can't be in the McD parking lot right now, months later. Who took it? LE doesn't mention taking it into evidence that I can see, and no reporter mentioned it. None of the many podcasts have said anything about it. The closest I can get is CT's mother wondering when the "vehicles" are going to be released but I cannot tell which vehicles she's referring to.

LE obtained a search warrant for the van. But not the bike. So what happened to it? It's a big part of the women's identity and probably fairly expensive. It could also be an important piece of evidence, just as the van appears to be (although I'm not sure how.) The fact that it was still in the parking lot was considered to be very unusual (and alarming), which would suggest something about how they left Moab is also very unusual. The bike should have been with them, but wasn't.

R.st.J

How do you know that the bike should have been with them?

R.st.J
Why would they take the Harley if they were thinking of moving their campsite? The Kia van would have been far more suited for that task.

Not sure you intended to raise this issue, but did LE even need a search warrant to process the bike? The closest ruling I could find is a recent Supreme Court ruling that a warrant was needed to search a bike under a tarp on private property (Motorcycle on driveway can't be searched without a warrant, Supreme Court rules). But if they had McD's consent, would they even need one in this case? What about contents of saddle bags, if it had any? It seems like it could have been useful to process the bike for prints, but otherwise it seems unlikely to be helpful. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en
Back