UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So he killed Kylen & Crystal August 14, 2021. He committed suicide September 24, 2021. When did investigators begin looking for him? I'm a bit confused with him as the prime suspect (presumably) why did it take months before they discovered he was dead? When did they travel to Waterloo and question the SO? He wasn't informed of AP's death until investigators questioned him "this year" according to the article.

I'm also shocked at "No DNA evidence links Pinkusiewicz to the crime scene, Rigby said — most likely because it rained at the campsite for about two days before the bodies were found, and because much of Pinkusiewicz’s personal belongings were not kept after his death." I guess that explains why so many murders go unsolved, I don't know why I thought it would be harder to destroy evidence linking you to a crime.

From the article linked & quoted above:
...Pinkusiewicz died by suicide in an Iowa motel on Sept. 24, 2021, and investigators did not learn he was dead until late March 2022, officials said.

I read in one of the older news links that LE claimed they had the DNA of the killer. Were they unable to match it to Pinky or were they just blowing smoke back then?

Pinkusiewicz died by suicide in September, a month after the bodies of Schulte and Turner were found in the La Sal mountains. White said his office received information that prior to committing suicide, Pinkusiewicz "told another party that he had killed two women in Utah and provided specific details that were known only to investigators."

A motive for the murders is still under investigation, White said, and there's no word on a relationship between Pinkusiewicz and the two women, particularly Turner.

"They both worked at McDonald’s. The indications we have is we don’t know if they worked shifts together. It doesn’t seem like it," White said. "But they were both employees at McDonald’s."

Outside the sheriff's office, Sean-Paul Schulte, Kylen's father, became emotional after learning the news and hugged White.

Later, speaking to reporters, he said he was "elated" and "very happy."

"Grand County Sheriff’s Office was right. The case is very solvable," Schulte said. "I hope they can process the evidence and close the case."
Bbm.
Hope they are correct.
It sounds they have the right perp.
Wonder if he's killed others ?
To brazenly slaughter two innocent people sounds as if he was comfortable in committing these heinous acts ?
Maybe some cold cases can be solved ?

Rest in gentle peace, Kylen and Crystal !!
They seemed like sweet and happy ladies, I hope they're in a place of absolute beauty and peace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hawk53
Back