UT UT - Macin Smith, 17, St George, 1 Sept 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There are people on the Find Macin Facebook site that believe they may have seen him in a news report on the homeless in Modesto. I am linking the report here. I am not quite convinced, but he is a close match. I am thinking the head shape is not quite right...

It is just a snapshot, but it is giving his family hope. Where are you Macin? Are you really still alive?

http://www.modbee.com/news/article56165725.html

attachment.php

This was ruled out. Boy identified. Not Macin :(

Does anyone know if the mom ever shared the contents of the secret hidden note with law enforcement?

Yes she did. I belong to the Facebook group where She says it is a personal note and to publish contents wouldn't be fair to him. She says it did have an indication that may have an intent to harm himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Disappeared episode last night, mom shared two words of the letter "I'm done". Not sure if I take this to mean he's intending to harm himself or just disappear himself for a while.
Yes she did. I belong to the Facebook group where She says it is a personal note and to publish contents wouldn't be fair to him. She says it did have an indication that may have an intent to harm himself.

Mom seems to believe the letter meant he was going to harm himself. Her only hope seemed to be that maybe he left to harm himself on impulse, then changed his mind after he thought about it more but still decided not to come back.

I do really empathize with Macin. He was used to being in a big family and undoubtedly had a few friends at school and/or church in Canada. Then he moved to St George with just his parents and had a tenuous relationship with dad. Seemed like it would've been so isolating.
This is not relevant but I found it unique that Dad was agnostic while the rest of the family seemed to be fairly devout mormons. Among Utah mormons, it is my impression that this would be rather uncommon. It is irrelevant to the case I'm sure, and I don't believe Dad harmed Macin.

So they hear Masin wake up, heard his "morning routine", heard him walk out the front door at the same exact time he always does to catch the school bus....and yet he doesn't catch the bus?

That doesn't make any sense.

Why not? If he didn't want his family to suspect that anything was off or that he had plans to runaway, wouldn't it make sense to go about your normal routine... until you're "in the clear" and can do your own thing?

Why not? If he didn't want his family to suspect that anything was off or that he had plans to runaway, wouldn't it make sense to go about your normal routine... until you're "in the clear" and can do your own thing?

If he didn't want to get caught, it makes much more sense to slip away when everyone is sleeping.

Also, why weren't there any sightings of him that morning? It was broad daylight in the morning of a work/school week. Just curious. Did the family live in a remote area?

If he didn't want to get caught, it makes much more sense to slip away when everyone is sleeping.

Also, why weren't there any sightings of him that morning?

Maybe. Depends. When I was a teen I could never sneak out while my parents were sleeping. They slept too lightly and I couldn't have gotten out without waking them.

If the eye witness sighting was accurate ( and she was pretty adamant ) where was he for 7-8 hours after shutting the garage door and the sighting walking away from home ?

I am also in this group. :greetings: Tracey, Keith, TaeLynn and everyone else all do an amazing job with that group.

After watching the episode last night (DVR'd), sadly my gut says he felt lost without the anime and games that (he felt) quieted his thoughts, walked into the mountains surrounding their neighborhood, and succumbed to the elements. I feel at some point hikers or surveyors, etc., will find his remains.

To be clear, I'm not finding fault with the father for taking the devices. There's nothing anyone can say that's going to be worse than what he's likely said to himself. Macin knew the rules and broke them. His dad did what he thought was best in the situation.

One other thing ... I don't recall the show mentioning whether Macin was on any medication for his depression. My sister is LDS and I know she doesn't believe in taking anti-depressants. Wondering whether Macin's mom felt the same? My heart breaks for her. ♡

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

So they hear Masin wake up, heard his "morning routine", heard him walk out the front door at the same exact time he always does to catch the school bus....and yet he doesn't catch the bus?

That doesn't make any sense.
In my opinion, it makes sense if we imagine he just kept walking. Given that no one saw him, he could have walked in a different direction to avoid seeing people. He also could have hidden somewhere, possibly sleeping there if he had been up all night writing the letter.

Just thinking out loud.

[video=youtube;-kA3uVz1Cyo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kA3uVz1Cyo[/video]

ID just aired this episode @ 1:00 est.
Sad situation 😔
I feel sorry for the parents.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

After watching the episode last night (DVR'd), sadly my gut says he felt lost without the anime and games that (he felt) quieted his thoughts, walked into the mountains surrounding their neighborhood, and succumbed to the elements. I feel at some point hikers or surveyors, etc., will find his remains.

To be clear, I'm not finding fault with the father for taking the devices. There's nothing anyone can say that's going to be worse than what he's likely said to himself. Macin knew the rules and broke them. His dad did what he thought was best in the situation.

One other thing ... I don't recall the show mentioning whether Macin was on any medication for his depression. My sister is LDS and I know she doesn't believe in taking anti-depressants. Wondering whether Macin's mom felt the same? My heart breaks for her. ♡

I don't think he was on medication at the time. Only because Tracey said there was no guns or meds in the house for him to take his life with.

If the eye witness sighting was accurate ( and she was pretty adamant ) where was he for 7-8 hours after shutting the garage door and the sighting walking away from home ?

Even adamant eyewitnesses are often wrong.

Still missing! There has been lots of renewed interest since Disapeared aired their episode on Macin. I've followed this case from the start and have gotten the idea that the parents especially the dad are pretty convinced he isnt alive. The note they have chosen not to share, although they have said it did allude to the idea that he intended to hurt himself. Im of the belief that the letter was in reference to a sexual preference that is not okay with the Mormon church, and they dont want to share that to save embarrassment or other repercussions from their church community, but that's just my opinion. So sad that he would feel he couldnt be himself and accepted for whomever that was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back